***** Formula 1 - 2020 Season *****

29,676 Views | 478 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cap-n-jack
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'03ag
That dude ain't gonna RACE right?

@MeltdownAgs
PJYoung
AG
'03ag said:

He will miss this week but hopes to be back in the car for next week's race.
'03ag
PJYoung said:

'03ag said:

He will miss this week but hopes to be back in the car for next week's race.
Remarkable. I would think the burns on his hands are the number one obstacle. But did he even have a concussion?

That was a serious deceleration

@MeltdownAgs
Gladiator 96
AG
Russell now on the track in FP1 in the Mercedes

EDIT: Russell posts top lap time !!
cap-n-jack
I don't see a 2nd Haas car on the time charts. I thought the Russian was going to take that seat.
Maybe they don't have another tub. Don't know.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Former IndyCar driver Pietro Fittipaldi is in it.
Gladiator 96
AG

La Fours
Vernada
AG
Bottas and Verstappen really came on strong in FP3.

Based on the F2 Qualifying, this qualifying round about to happen is going to be pretty wild... and probably really frustrating for the drivers!
cap-n-jack
A couple of really interesting pieces on Romain and the crash on the pre-race.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Perez really just killed my interest in the race.
CavitationAG
AG
Bottas does not deserve a seat with Merc. No one does less with more than that guy. Screwed up the whole pack at the start.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CavitationAG said:

Bottas does not deserve a seat with Merc. No one does less with more than that guy. Screwed up the whole pack at the start.

Agreed. At this rate it's going to merc 1-2 with BOT second and the field lapped up to around P8. Might as well be a normal race weekend.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Well let's see if that front brake for BOT survives the race after catching on fire in the pit

Merc making some prancing pony pit decisions today
cap-n-jack
Mercedes clown show on the double stack. Mixed set on Russell's car will probably cost him the race.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yeah it'll be close. Probably will have 15 laps to make it up. Will be hard to catch Perez on the straights.
cap-n-jack
Wow.
CharlieBrown17
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Wow.

Russell going to barely miss pole, lead most of the race and still not have a career point. Wild.
Vernada
AG
Team Mercedes has been an absolute embarrassment.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

cap-n-jack said:

Wow.

Russell going to barely miss pole, lead most of the race and still not have a career point. Wild.

Barely snuck it in, that is if no penalty.

Think they caught it in time to avoid one
cap-n-jack
That was quite the drive by Checo. Good on you dude. Both RP's on the podium. Crazy.
Vernada
AG
goodness - I feel terrible for George.
La Fours
AG
How does the Merc pit crew allow that to happen? I'm at a loss for words with how bad they screwed up the race.

Very happy for Perez.
CharlieBrown17
AG
La Fours said:

How does the Merc pit crew allow that to happen? I'm at a loss for words with how bad they screwed up the race.

Very happy for Perez.

Netflix was in the merc pit this weekend.
Silver Arrows
AG
Very happy for Perez. After all these years he finally gets a win. I wonder what the real atmosphere is like inside of that team. Perez (and his financial backers) saved them from Administration a few years ago if I'm not mistaken and he is better than Lance. It was quite bizarre that the team didn't respond when he asked if he could pass Lance; he did it anyways when Lance screwed up.

Tough break from George but he aced his job interview and will have plenty of opportunities starting in 2022. I think he's super talented but will save anointing him the second coming until he faces off against Lewis, Max, and Ferrari once they rectify their car.
gigem70
AG
I have been watching f1 for many years and never seen anything like that pit screwup by Merc. The race was differently his to lose and pit crew did just that.
Not wishing anything bad on Lewis but would love to see George in that car for next race.
Hershey97
CharlieBrown17 said:

La Fours said:

Very happy for Perez.

Netflix was in the merc pit this weekend.

Unfortunately, doesn't look like they were. Would've been a crazy episode.
Vernada
AG
gigem70 said:

I have been watching f1 for many years and never seen anything like that pit screwup by Merc. The race was differently his to lose and pit crew did just that.
Not wishing anything bad on Lewis but would love to see George in that car for next race.
I was thinking about that - can you imagine them making a mistake like that with Hamilton in the seat!?

I don't think it would have happened - and I think this is what makes Hamilton that little notch better - they would have told him to pit and he would have just refused... exactly like what happened during one of the mid season races (wish I could remember which)... he knows that S can happen and that if you don't need to pit, then you don't pit. He's always thinking multiple steps ahead and what scenarios could happen and he takes his future into his own hands when he thinks necessary.
PJYoung
AG
Vernada said:

gigem70 said:

I was thinking about that - can you imagine them making a mistake like that with Hamilton in the seat!?

I don't think it would have happened - and I think this is what makes Hamilton that little notch better - they would have told him to pit and he would have just refused... exactly like what happened during one of the mid season races (wish I could remember which)... he knows that S can happen and that if you don't need to pit, then you don't pit. He's always thinking multiple steps ahead and what scenarios could happen and he takes his future into his own hands when he thinks necessary.

Yep he was told to pit and just didn't and went ahead and won the race anyway.
La Fours
AG
It seems like Hamilton has told the engineer "No, not going to box right now" almost every race.
Vernada
AG
La Fours said:

It seems like Hamilton has told the engineer "No, not going to box right now" almost every race.

Ha. Yes, I guess that's true.
Gladiator 96
AG
Mazepin in serious trouble for posting inappropriate video on Insta. Many are calling for him to lose his position at Haas.

Silver Arrows
AG
That kid is such an idiot and has a history of making dangerous moves on track and being quick to anger. Sad state of affairs that HAAS has to take him on for the money.
La Fours
AG
What was in the video?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.