***** Official Dallas Stars 2019-2020 season thread*****

283,008 Views | 6143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Roll the Bones
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was waaaaay offsides. Besides that, we should have at least 3 goals .
Kashchei
AG
It was applied correctly this time, but it has been abused far too much lately
TV Casualty
AG
I have never liked the review of offsides in hockey. Slows the game down and most of the time they end up taking a goal away because someone's skate was an inch off the blue line.

Rarely are they taking the goal away because someone had a clear advantage.
Out in Left Field
AG
TV Casualty said:

I have never liked the review of offsides in hockey. Slows the game down and most of the time they end up taking a goal away because someone's skate was an inch off the blue line.

Sounds like they might change it to the plane of the blue line in the future instead of skate on the ice...but either way this one was way offside.
Kashchei
AG
Loving this no-Polak blueline!
TV Casualty
AG
Out in Left Field said:

TV Casualty said:

Sounds like they might change it to the plane of the blue line in the future instead of skate on the ice...but either way this one was way offside.

Yeah, they completely blew that call and this is one instance where the review showed a clear advantage. That doesn't mean the review of offsides is an overall good thing for hockey.

I don't like the VAR offsides calls in soccer either. That sport has so little offense; they really didn't need to find another way to keep people from scoring.
GrapevineAg
AG
Would have cheered for Gols in that one.
Kashchei
AG
I forgot Goalsagainstki play for AZ!
Buck Compton
AG
What a bull**** major penalty.
Out in Left Field
AG
Didn't take our chances and now we're tied after Benn does something not so smart.
twilly
AG
GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Out in Left Field
AG
Star Faksa!
Danny Vermin
GrapevineAg said:

You need to get on the Perry bandwagon as he will be a huge part when we win the Cup.
sburg2007
Two weeks ago I posted how painful it was to watch the stars power play. Well, this is flat out amazing.
Kashchei
AG
Got puck watching
GrapevineAg
AG
Danny Vermin said:

GrapevineAg said:

You need to get on the Perry bandwagon as he will be a huge part when we win the Cup.

F*** Perry. We will win the cup despite him.
Danny Vermin
How long have you been a Stars fan? We have had bigger enemies put on a Stars sweater in the past and I'm sure you got over that.
GrapevineAg
AG
Since '94. Perry is a piece of **** - tell me he isn't. The only Star I've disliked more was Claude Lemieux.
Danny Vermin
Sigh................get over it.
GrapevineAg
AG
Nah, I'll pass.
GrapevineAg
AG
Back into a tie for 1st in the conference and division (CO has 2 games in hand and is only 3 pts back).
Grapesoda2525
GrapevineAg said:

Nah, I'll pass.
I'd rather win with ****** bags on the team than lose with all nice guys and choir boys,
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Hope Benn didn't get himself suspended for St Louis on Friday. He usually goes against the Blues in the teg season
Kashchei
AG
Perry isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but if he's in Victory Green I'll cheer for him. I mean, he's no Sean Avery..
TV Casualty
AG
Kashchei said:

Perry isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but if he's in Victory Green I'll cheer for him. I mean, he's no Sean Avery..

Sean Avery was a disaster, but I would still take his sloppy seconds.
GrapevineAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Nah, I'll pass.
I'd rather win with ****** bags on the team than lose with all nice guys and choir boys,
But that's the rub... I don't see him contributing much. He's just a guy - very, very average. After probably his most productive game of the season last night (1G, 1A), he still only has 18 points, which puts him at about #259 out of 570 in the league for all forwards, but his penalty minutes put him at #16 (and #19 out of all 863 skaters). He's got a +/- of -1.

Look I get it - my opinion is unpopular. I'll stop railing on Perry on here. He's not one of my guys, but I am a Stars fan and will always pull for the team.
Danny Vermin
Ever since Laxdall has given Perry quality minutes on the PP, it has been at the top of the NHL. I didn't like him either but I can see why he's such a good player eventhough he's slow. He's crafty, blocks lots of shots and iss the first to take up for his teammates.
AgsAllDay
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Reading back on the Peverley story, I forgot that the team's game the next night was against the league-leading team... Jay Bouwmeester and the Blues
The game prior to it was the all-out Modano jersey retirement also... That was a very bizarre week.
sburg2007
Polak
TV Casualty
AG
The Stars have played like crap at every game I've been to this year. C'mon guys, get it together.

Screw the blues.
Out in Left Field
sburg2007
What a sh@tty performance. Glad I didn't shell out the $85 to go.
Danny Vermin
Welp, sometimes you get an ass kicking. They have rebounded well from these this year.
Kashchei
AG
This is why I still doubt this team. Probably the biggest game of the season and they lay a big stinkin' turd...
wangus12
AG
Agreed. Frustrating as all get out that we refuse to show up when we really need to.
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 176

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.