**** Formula - 1 2019 Season ****

9,385 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by numetalbizkitaggie
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LeClerc outlasts a last minute charge from Hamilton to take Belgium.
JDL 96
Awesome that Leclerc and Ferrari won!
Ferrari really needs to win races to keep some competitive balance. It can't be just Mercedes and occasionally Red Bull winning a race.
Ferrari needs to be WINNING the race AT LEAST 1/3 of the time.
It seems like Ferrari will get 2 or 3 wins max this year. Not nearly enough.
gggmann
AG
JDL 96 said:

Awesome that Leclerc and Ferrari won!
Ferrari really needs to win races to keep some competitive balance. It can't be just Mercedes and occasionally Red Bull winning a race.
Ferrari needs to be WINNING the race AT LEAST 1/3 of the time.
It seems like Ferrari will get 2 or 3 wins max this year. Not nearly enough.
Excluding the Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher years Ferrari has always been an underachieving team. They went from 1979-2000 w/out a driver's championship. They lucked into one in 07 by 1 point because Hamilton and Alonso were squabbling with each other all season.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Another excellent race by Leclerc

Ferrari needs to replace Vet. He's deadweight in the 1 seat
RABAg04
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Bring Kimi back!
Old RV Ag
AG
RABAg04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Bring Kimi back!
Bring Alonso back.
RABAg04
AG
Old RV Ag said:

RABAg04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Bring Kimi back!
Bring Alonso back.
That works too
CharlieBrown17
AG
RABAg04 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Bring Kimi back!

I would love to see Kimi again

Verstappen would look good in a red car too...
'03ag
The steward are fairly consistent on this, but I hate how the handle guys that cut the track.

In my opinion LeClerc cut the track and gained an advantage. He should've been forced to give up the position.
Ferg
CharlieBrown17 said:

I've just started watching F1 and have a question about the race today.

Early in the race they showed Bottas in the lead by double digits(seconds), then in a matter of minutes he dropped back to 2nd or 3rd. I don't remember any time penalties or incidents related to him. Do you know what caused it, or am i remembering it wrong?
RABAg04
AG
Ferg said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Early in the race they showed Bottas in the lead by double digits(seconds), then in a matter of minutes he dropped back to 2nd or 3rd. I don't remember any time penalties or incidents related to him. Do you know what caused it, or am i remembering it wrong?
Bottas was 3rd behind leclerc and Hamilton. they both pitted and came out behind bottas. When Bottas pitted he came out back where he was before.
Ferg
RABAg04 said:

Ferg said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Bottas was 3rd behind leclerc and Hamilton. they both pitted and came out behind bottas. When Bottas pitted he came out back where he was before.
Thanks, simpler explanation than i thought.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Leclerc takes pole for Singapore

Vet is done at Ferrari imo

Leclerc
Ham
Vet
Ver
Bot
gggmann
AG
Vettel is done at ferrari. He was the master of the blown diffuser era, but since then he's just another driver and prone to mistakes.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bottas is such a great 2 driver. Wish he wasn't there to support Hamilton
CharlieBrown17
AG
That should've been 3 straight for Lec
CharlieBrown17
AG
But no mercs on the podium
Ferg
CharlieBrown17 said:

Who was the 4th guy on the Podium on the left?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Ferg said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Weird flex to consider fourth a podium finish

Edit to add if that was a legit question.

Podium is 1,2,3

Hamilton was 4th
Ferg
CharlieBrown17 said:

Ferg said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Weird flex to consider fourth a podium finish
I was just wondering if he was the Ferrari Team Principal or maybe the driver with the fastest lap. Just started watching F1 and am trying to learn.
CavitationAG
AG
It's typically a team representative for the team that scored the most points in the race. I haven't watched this race yet so not sure who it was.
Ferg
CavitationAG said:

It's typically a team representative for the team that scored the most points in the race. I haven't watched this race yet so not sure who it was.
Thanks, I had never watched F1 before seeing F1 drive to survive on Netflix(which is awesome), and it gave me the interest to watch a new sport.
CavitationAG
AG
You bet! I think that show has brought a lot of new fans to the sport because of how well done it was. The people at COTA have said early tickets sales increased for their race and a lot of the people buying tickets mentioned that show as a reason for them going.
Old RV Ag
AG
CavitationAG said:

No! A team with their drivers in second and third places would have more points than the team with the race winner. It is a representative from the team with the race winner.
CavitationAG
AG
My bad. I guess I got confused with Merc always having 3 representatives on the podium. I thought it was for most constructor's points scored that race.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Lec crushes for his 4th straight pole. Ham second but starting the race on mediums. Doubt he holds second through the start

Lec
Ham
Vet
Ver (5 grid penalty for engine change)
Bot
gggmann
AG
So it will be down how many laps they can get out of the softs.
CharlieBrown17
AG
gggmann said:

So it will be down how many laps they can get out of the softs.

I think it's all on how much Hamilton can push Ferrari on mediums while keeping his tires intact. Q2 had Ferrari something like .8 faster on softs. If he can't push them they'll be able to baby those softs and if he pushes them but kills his tires it's all a moot point
CharlieBrown17
AG
Merc 1-2

Ferrari with some team in fighting and then Sebs retirement basically gives the mercs the 1-2 with a free pit under the VSC
My Dad Earl
AG
Count me in as another person that now has his interest perked towards F1 because of that Netflix documentary. I actually watched the Russian GP this morning and it's my first ever live F1 event to watch.

Question: why did Ferrari want their drivers to swap? What's the point?
Old RV Ag
AG
My Dad Earl said:

Count me in as another person that now has his interest perked towards F1 because of that Netflix documentary. I actually watched the Russian GP this morning and it's my first ever live F1 event to watch.

Question: why did Ferrari want their drivers to swap? What's the point?
Politics. Ferrari have Vettel who is a senior driver and multiple world championships. The other driver is a 21 year old new kid who is showing he is better than Vettel. Ferrari stated at the beginning of the year that Vettel was the chosen one and Leclerc is driver number 2. However, Vettel isn't getting it done and Leclerc is beating the pants off Vettel. The last race they played politics and screwed Leclerc to let Vettel win one. In this race Leclerc was on pole and Vettel on third with Hamilton of Mercedes in between. They asked Leclerc to give Vettel an aerodynamic tow so they could squeeze Hamilton and Mercedes out of second. It worked and Leclerc did what was asked. Vettel played dirty and used it to jump Leclerc which wasn't the team plan. The team asked Vettel to go with the plan and give it back but Vettel is a baby who has a history throwing tantrums and he said he wouldn't. Karma is a beotch as Vettel's engine blew. If Vettel had given the place back it was a 50/50 chance Leclerc could have kept first and won instead of finishing third.
'03ag
Teams sometimes have rules about how they're allowed to race. Generally they don't want them racing each other too hard and exposing both cars to other drivers behind them. From all the radio chatter it sound like LeClerc didn't expect Vettel to challenge him, and that Vettel may have violated whatever their pre race team strategy was.

Combine that with the fact that in the last race LeClerc was leading, but lost to Vettel because of a put strategy decision that benefitted Vettel, LeClerc was extra pissed.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
I can't understand why Ferrari didn't make Vettel drive back to the pits. It was two corners. That literally prevented Leclerc from winning the race.
CharlieBrown17
AG
They told him to shut down to protect the motor.

Pretty sure they said Ferrari needs/wants two more Grand Prix out of that engine
Big Cat `93
AG
Half-scale model of a 2021 car

I like it. The nose and halo especially.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.