**** Formula - 1 2019 Season ****

9,394 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by numetalbizkitaggie
CavitationAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feel the same way! That was the most exciting race of the season. Paraphrasing Martin Brundle after the race..."If you can't pass in that manner then the FIA is saying that only clean passes using DRS are acceptable".
Big Cat `93
AG
Okay, that was boss.
Kyle98
AG
Exciting race, best in a while.

I was rooting for Leclerc to hold Max off, but that Red Bull was just flying.
Big Cat `93
AG
Rich Energy bails on Haas.

ESPN story
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
You know, I haven't seen that product available anywhere. I truly think Rich Energy is overspending on marketing, and finishing behind a Williams gave them an excuse. Would be willing to bet that there is a lot more to this.
Big Cat `93
AG
Seemed to be kind of a squirrelly deal from the get-go.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Should've known to come looking here for this thread earlier but check me in onboard the McLaren comeback train! Just announced Sainz and Norris are both being kept through 2020 as well. Best team chemistry in the paddock continues.

The Rich Energy stuff today seems like something you could see coming from a mile away but still bummed it involves the only American team competing.
tk for tu juan

Quote:

The politics and PC attitude in @F1 is also inhibiting our business.
Haha, guess Rich Energy should also leave Twitter, too.
Big Cat `93
AG
Seriously?

Rich Energy shareholders blame "rogue individual" for Haas tweet
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Quote:

The Haas F1 team boss Gunther Steiner confirmed earlier on Thursday that the team would be running Rich Energy branding as usual during the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

"They will be on the car this weekend, and then the rest we need to sort out going forward what we're doing," Steiner said.
Haas probably should kick them to the curb anyway, as there might not be a company to collect payment from, soon.

This whole thing has smelled like a money laundering/overmarketed crapfest from the start.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Mercedes back on top through FP1 and FP2 but Leclerc is pretty close to them as well. Lando splitting the two Red Bulls so far in 6th but Gasly has actually outpaced Verstappen in the first two rounds and sits 5th. He had the fastest time in FP1 as well.

Renault looking really slow again compared to the McLaren's, got to be pissing them off(actually the Renault's look slow compared to pretty much everyone so far).

More bad pub for Haas when Grosjean spun and put it into the wall exiting the pit lane in FP1. He had to run an entire outlap without a front wing to get back to the pits.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

More bad pub for Haas when Grosjean spun and put it into the wall exiting the pit lane in FP1. He had to run an entire outlap without a front wing to get back to the pits.
"I think Ericsson hit us."
cap-n-jack
Haas is just terrible. And it doesn't look like they have they have Rich Energy on the cars after all.
I guess they do but not on the side pods. And Magnussen is out.
Now Grosjean. Changes need to be made.
MAROON
AG
Haas need at least one new driver and maybe a new team principal
tk for tu juan
When Grosjean is one of your team drivers, you are already starting with one hand tied behind your back
tk for tu juan
AirplaneAg09
AG
This Haas drama just keeps on delivering. Wish they would just drop them and go with something like John Deere, or CAT for their sponsor as the only US based team.

Norris and Bottas really got screwed by the safety car this weekend. Leclerc screwed again by his own team's strategy. Vettel just seems like he's checked out mentally and doesn't care that much anymore. Wouldn't be surprised to see him "retire"/get forced out at Ferrari at the end of this year. Leclerc has definitely passed him. I'd really like to see Ferrari win a race some time this year but I'm enjoying all the different ways they shoot themselves in the foot seemingly every week.
tk for tu juan
Furlock Bones
AG
that was awesome.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
What an epic fail by Ferrari. They were clearly the best car this weekend.
MAROON
AG
Nothing against Merc, but it is really refreshing to see some other teams on the podium and scoring points today.
'03ag
Rain always delivers a great race
ReloadAg
AG
Verstappen finally on pole for tomorrow! Should be a great race. Hopefully he can hold of the two Mercs right behind him.
'03ag
What a call by Mercedes. we've had a few exciting races in a row. Spa cooking out of the break. Always the best track on the circuit.
Kyle98
AG
Gasly and Albon swapping spots.
JDL 96
Red Bull got declined by Alonso. Would Gasly been out of F1 if Alonso accepted?
I think the reality is Red Bull would be #2 (ahead of Ferrari) if Gasly had just been average.
Really, with any driver other than Kubica, RB would be #2.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

ReloadAg
AG
I just ordered Friday tickets for practice out at COTA for my 2 daughters and I. At 6 and 4 they're pretty big F1 fans and actually really know what's going on when we watch races together so I'm really excited for them to get a taste of some live action racing.

This year I also decided to sign up to volunteer out at COTA on race day and landed a spot in the paddock so I'm excited to see what that's like and I get to stay and watch the race for free.
cap-n-jack
Took my daughter last year and to the 500 this year. She's a certified gear head now and I couldn't be prouder.
You guys are going to have a blast!
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Rumors swirling that Ericsson will replace Giovinazzi at Spa.
Big Cat `93
AG
And Ocon replaces Hulkenberg for the rest of the year.
Kyle98
AG
Kimi has a leg injury. Sounds like Ericsson is there in case Kimi can't go.
'03ag
Glad to see Ocon get another shot.

Can Ericsson really jump back in an F1 car that quickly? Especially on a track like Spa where there are so many high down downforce turns.
JDL 96
Big Cat `93 said:

And Ocon replaces Hulkenberg for the rest of the year.
That would be odd. I could see that next year, but I'd think it stays the same this year.
Kyle98
AG
Yeah, I think Hulk sticks with Renault the rest of the year, then Ocon takes over in 2020 and Hulk moves to Haas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.