**** Formula - 1 2019 Season ****

9,281 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by numetalbizkitaggie
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mercedes looking like the team to beat again.

Surprised to see Red Bull up there again with the Honda engine. Has to burn for Renault, and Ricciardo.
cap-n-jack
Glad you got this started. There is a great F1 documentary on Netflix now. A deep dive into the mid-pack teams last season.
Looking for good things from Haas this year. Should be a good start if they can get off the grid cleanly and keep the wheels on after pitting.
'03ag
I think I'm on episode 4 right now. I had no idea how openly hostile the Renault Red Bull relationship had become.

Would be fascinating if the Honda team has gotten it all sorted out.
'03ag
Red Bull had to smile at Ricciardo's retirement. They sure are looking smart at the moment.

Outstanding job by Bottas to get off the line and then go run away in hide.
Big Cat `93
AG
I just couldn't imagine Honda being bad for any length of time, but I didn't think they'd turn it around this quickly. I guess having a team that knows what it's doing using its engines helps a tad.
'03ag
I thought they would make a bigger leap from year 1 to year 2. When that didn't happen I didn't know what to think.

I have to say watching that Netflix series I felt like the Renault was director so full of stereotypical French smugness that he had to be a paid actor. I would enjoy watching them get waxed by Honda if I didn't like Ricciardo so much.

Furlock Bones
AG
missed most of the race. can't believe that Bottas obliterated Lewis like that.
Furlock Bones
AG
surprisingly i did like the fastest lap point as the big boys see it as important and they all went for it.
Big Cat `93
AG
Little design flaw on the new cars. Not so little if you ask George Russell.

Start lights? What start lights?
'03ag
What is a George Russell?
cap-n-jack
Poor ol Claire Williams. No sarcasm. Kind of sad to see that team perform as poorly as they are.
tk for tu juan
Wow Renault, retirement of both cars within seconds of eachother at the same corner
cap-n-jack
I think I heard them say only the eighth time a race has finished behind the safety car. Kind of anticlimactic.
Gladiator 96
AG
Ferrari definitely ran into some bad luck yesterday. Between Vettel spinning out and LeClerc's engine problems, it was as if the racing gods couldn't deal with some team other than Mercedes taking the win.
tk for tu juan
Two red flags in qualifying, what a disaster of a track
Big Cat `93
AG
RIP, Ayrton. Twenty-five years ago today.
Kyle98
AG
Pretty boring race in Baku. Thought Ferrari really screwed Leclerc leaving him out as long as they did, but they may not have had a choice. Originally I thought they were just sacrificing his race to try to slow down the Mercs for Vettel, but with the way the softs were falling off, they were probably concerned about his ability to make them work until the end if they brought him in earlier.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

RIP, Ayrton. Twenty-five years ago today.
RIP.

cap-n-jack
A statement race by Hamilton.
Furlock Bones
AG
i root for Hamilton and Merc. but, this season is a disaster by any measure. no one is even close.
Big Cat `93
AG
Agreed. I'm only looking forward to Monaco because of the circuit. The best battles in the races have been among backmarkers trying to get within the points.
'03ag
It's at least interesting to see Red Bull doing just fine with the Honda engine. Feel bad for Ricciardo.

It's like Mercedes was pissed that the 2018 season was as close as it was, and dug in extra hard in the offseason. Just crazy.

Button mentioned before the race that Mercedes is still the longest car by quite a bit. Any idea what benefit they're getting out of that? Is it possible they have more surface area under the car and that's creating more ground effect down force?
Furlock Bones
AG
'03ag said:

It's at least interesting to see Red Bull doing just fine with the Honda engine. Feel bad for Ricciardo.

It's like Mercedes was pissed that the 2018 season was as close as it was, and dug in extra hard in the offseason. Just crazy.

Button mentioned before the race that Mercedes is still the longest car by quite a bit. Any idea what benefit they're getting out of that? Is it possible they have more surface area under the car and that's creating more ground effect down force?

Don't feel bad for Ricciardo at all. He went from making around $3mm to $17mm per year.
Big Cat `93
AG
Look at this: 1976 Japanese GP highlights with modern F1 graphics.

'03ag
Well that was interesting. Found it a little disingenuous for Hamilton to say he didnt want to win that way, and pull Seb up on the podium, when Ham immediately started complaining on the radio.

That said I do think it was a penalty. I dont care that Seb wasn't in full control. He was under pressure, lost control, cut the corner, and went straight onto the racing line. I don't know now how the rules are worded but in my opinion he deserved to lose a spot.
Old RV Ag
AG
'03ag said:

Well that was interesting. Found it a little disingenuous for Hamilton to say he didnt want to win that way, and pull Seb up on the podium, when Ham immediately started complaining on the radio.

That said I do think it was a penalty. I dont care that Seb wasn't in full control. He was under pressure, lost control, cut the corner, and went straight onto the racing line. I don't know now how the rules are worded but in my opinion he deserved to lose a spot.
Entire issue is non existent if Vettel doesn't mind f*#& himself and run off track. Hamilton makes it cleanly around if he didn't have to brake to avoid crashing out in the wall so whether Vettel was out of control or did it on purpose it's still a penalty.

Yea, Hamilton is trying to have it both ways. But, Vettel is the poster child for cry baby. He throws a tantrum if someone doesn't just let him pass and wants the stewards to take action over incredibly silly stuff. Don't forget Baku last year (or two years?) when he rammed Hamilton thinking he was being brake checked but wasn't. He should have been suspended an entire race minimum for that tantrum.

Alonso's dislike of Vettel's years of winning with Red Bull as being the car entirely seem to be more true everyday.

Put Alonso, Hamilton, Verstappen, Kimi, Riccardo, etc. in that Ferarri in that race and the win would have been easy.
Gladiator 96
AG
LH takes French Grand Prix in dominant fashion with 15 second gap over teammate VB. LeClerc put up a nice challenge to Bottas at the end but ran out of laps.
Furlock Bones
AG
gawd that was an awful race. Circuit Paul Ricard is trash. miles long runoffs are stupid as hell.
'03ag
Just a terrible race and venue. Then they cut away from the only interesting thing happening on the track for the last lap.
Big Cat `93
AG
Snore.

Meanwhile, the Indycars put on another good show at Road America even with a runaway winner.
'03ag
So Renault has gone from getting beat by their own engine in a great car, to getting beat by their own engine in a mediocre car. That's fun.
tk for tu juan
Was Verstappen too busy getting his roadtrip playlist ready to see that the race had started?
Gladiator 96
AG
Verstappen overcomes a piss poor start to win in Austria!
'03ag
Friggin' Honda.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Pretty ridiculous if they take that win. Probably the most exciting finish in recent memory.

Where were these penalties when Schumacher took out Hill?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.