NCAA Track & Field Championship Rankings & Predictions

11,098 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oklaunion
MidTnAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NCAA Track & Field Championship Rankings & Predictions
USTFCCCA Pre-Meet Rankings paired with Track and Field Form Chart's potential points.

Men:
1. Florida, 58
2. Texas Tech, 29
3. Georgia, 36
4. Alabama, 34
5. TAMU, 46 -- lowest ranking in the Pre-Championships Rankings since the National Team Rankings were introduced in 2008.
6. Oregon, 20
8. LSU, 18
9. Houston, 56
10. Florida State, 13
11. USC 33

WOMEN:
1. Georgia, 51
2. USC, 53
3. Oregon, 45
4. Kentucky, 42
5. Florida, 39
6. TAMU, 26
7. LSU, 42
9. Arkansas, 39
MidTnAg
AG
trini: I need help. Please contact me via my Gmail account--LFM181J...
triniaggie
AG

sportsfanatic8570@gmail.com

Look Out Below
AG
The rankings may be 'low' but we are clearly decimated by injuries to many of our best athletes. Probably a miracle we are still in the top 6 in both.
TRM
AG
Heat sheets are out.

Women
Men
JimInBCS
That first heat of the men's 4x400....I'm assuming it's a random draw and they didn't just decide to put the best teams in the same heat on purpose...
Ed Marcinkiewicz
Based off of regional performance and placing.
aggierun
As the Ag's prepare for this week's Nationals in Eugene for what should be a "pretty good" meet (injuries have pretty much taken both the men and women's team out of title contention) I can't help but be excited by the prospects of next year. Besides some great new talent and returnees, the team will inaugurate their new state of the art facility. So my question is, what kind of schedule are they planning for the first season in the new facility. Will they try to host any "big" invitationals or duals? Just curious as to what the outdoor plans look like.
Also one question on the men's team status...I understand that Bob Grant has been granted a redshirt season for this year, so he will return, but what about multi's performer Nathan Hite. He did not compete outdoors in '15 and while I understand he received his ring already, does he plan to compete next year? THANKS and good luck in Eugene this weekend!!
hurdledog
Look Out Below
AG
My understanding is the only seniors competing at NCAA's are Alex Riba, Audie Wyatt, Kristen Clark and Shaina Burns.

I would expect there to be multiple meets in April 2019.
MidTnAg
AG
I would be surprised if they have any major meets the first year. It takes a good bit of planning to put on a track meet.

I bet they will wait until they see how the track and facilities are before they start planning meets. It would be great if they could plan a few small meets with only a few teams. Like six, seven, or eight teams.

I sure hope they start soon.
mullokmotx
AG
On the radio last week Pat Henry said there would be several meets in April. Track and Field news form chart has the men projected to finish 7th and the women 10th.
PJYoung
AG
ESPN2 630pm
JimInBCS
PJYoung said:

ESPN2 630pm

Yep...and later this week:

THU espn2 6-9:30
FRI espn 7:30-10
SAT espn 6-8:30

More coverage available on ESPN 3.
JimInBCS
Unannounced switch to ESPN mid broadcast.
JimInBCS
Devin Dixon 2nd in heat 1:47.12 qualifies for final.

Infinite Tucker 3rd in heat 49.84 qualifies for final
mullokmotx
AG
Audie Wyatt out in the PV. Wooten tied for 8th win 1 try left at 18-2.5.
Hand Of God
AG
Wooten over the bar on his third attempt. New PB. Jumps into 4th.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like Wooten will finish 4th and get 5 points for the team.
Hand Of God
AG
Triki takes 8th in the LJ for 1 point.
TRM
AG
Triki will finish 8th in the LJ.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like Tahar Triki gets 8th in the LJ and beats Grant Holloway. 1 point for the team.
JimInBCS
Dixon with a 44.45 anchor...3:01.13 winning their heat.
mullokmotx
AG
So we should have 6 points after today and have Dixon in the 800, Tucker in the 400H, Triki in the TJ and the 4 x 400 relay. Devin Dixon is THE MAN! What an anchor leg!
MidTnAg
AG
mullokmotx said:

On the radio last week Pat Henry said there would be several meets in April. Track and Field news form chart has the men projected to finish 7th and the women 10th.
Can you list the projected Top 10 Women's teams on their form chart? Would greatly appreciate it.
JimInBCS
MidTnAg said:

mullokmotx said:

Can you list the projected Top 10 Women's teams on their form chart? Would greatly appreciate it.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://trackandfieldnews.com/2018-ncaa-womens-formchart-no-6-georgias-turn-to-be-back-on-top/
PJYoung
AG
Here's the mens:

https://trackandfieldnews.com/2018-ncaa-mens-formchart-no-6-florida-looking-untouchable/

PJYoung
AG
Form Chart had us in 7th coming in with 29 points. The previous chart had us at 3rd.

The results for the men so far:

https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/track-field/results/d1/outdoor18/Finals/scores.htm

Good start after 6 events so far

Hammer

Pole Vault - Form Chart had Audie Wyatt in 8th (he didn't score points in 14th)
Jacob Wooten (PB) 4th place (same height as 2nd and 3rd, 18 2 1/2)

Javelin - Form Chart didn't have any Aggies scoring and William Petersson got 13th missing 10th by a little over 2 feet

Long Jump - Form Chart had Tahar Triki in 9th and he bettered that by one spot in 8th

Shot Put
Hand Of God
AG
Women's 4x100 reaches the final as the fastest qualifier on time (7th overall).
mullokmotx
AG
Good job by the 4 X 100 relay getting through to Saturday. Announcers said bad weather on Saturday and forecast is for rain tomorrow afternoon.
JimInBCS
Form chart review along with looking at schedule was interesting in that it would be extremely difficult for someone to double in 200/400h or 400/400h, especially coming back in the 4x400. Being Kentucky was only 6 points back on form chart seems to make that relevant. I remember people doubling in 200/400 then coming back in 4x400 relay in the past....perhaps they've shortened up the program.
mullokmotx
AG
A couple of years ago they moved all the men's finals to Friday and the women's finals to Saturday. Before that the finals were a little more spread out over Friday and Saturday, and it was a little easier to run multiple races.
JimInBCS
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was something like that. I suppose Sydney wouldn't be the only one to double if it were doable...so maybe it evens out.
mullokmotx
AG
With both the men and women running the same day there was more rest in between races also. When the men won the title in 2013 Henry Lelei came in 2nd in the steeplechase on Friday and got 8th In the 5000 on Saturday. Could not do that now.
Hand Of God
AG
Fray and Watson both make the final going 1-2 in their heat of the 800.
JimInBCS
Hell of a race by Jasmine and Sammy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.