National Indoors Tennis

1,872 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SA68AG
Raven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Aggies open as number six seed against Florida on Friday.
SA68AG
AG
Is Kypson making the trip ?
Raven
S
I believe so.
SA68AG
AG
Thanks
Raven
S
Aggies just clinched against Florida 4-0.
agwarrior
Gap
AG
Very impressive 4-0 win over Florida. Aggies won the doubles point and Kypson, Rinderkneck, and Arconada win at 1, 2, and 3.

Next up for our #6 Aggies is #3 North Carolina who had an impressive 4-0 win over Notre Dame today.
SA68AG
Chapa96
AG
Ags tied up with UNC 3-3. Comes does to Arthur in line 2 with the 3rd set tied at 3-3.
Chapa96
AG
Ags Win!!!!!
agwarrior
SA68AG
AG
great match ! Next is UCLA who beat Ohio State 4-1 today.
Gap
AG
The semifinals are set:

Texas A&M vs UCLA
Wake Forest vs Stanford

Raven
S
How about those Aggies!!!!
tleeper
AG
Whoop! Will be in Seattle Monday. Hoping to catch a bit of the final!
bigfoot10s
AG
Great win for the Aggies

Still not super happy that Kypson was allowed to play. I'm surprised the ITA didn't do more after one match suspension.
Harry Dunne
I feel the same, but if you only get 1 game for weed (basketball) how can you get more than 1 for bad sportsmanship?
bigfoot10s
AG
I know, not sure how it would have gone more than one match. I just think the ITA or A&M admin should have done more. One seemingly meaningless match didn't seem like enough.

I know another D1 men's assistant and it sounds like most of the other coaches share in that thought. It just looks really bad for Aggie tennis and college tennis.
agwarrior
AG
Natch with ucla is tied up 1-1. Looks like it's gonna come down to a bunch of 3 setters
Raven
S
Close but no cigar. Still great tournament for the Aggies.
SA68AG
AG
This tournament has given me hope that for the first time we can truly make a deep run into the NCAAs.

Denton needs to put a lineup together that can start winning the double points. If he can do that, then we have a legit shot to win it all.
bigfoot10s
AG
At least two matches ended on overrules on serve calls against the Aggies. One person on twitter said that the overrule against Kypson was karma.
Harry Dunne
Just to put it in perspective, I have seen worse in past years both from Aggies and opponents, both from coaches and players! If every match had been live streamed and there had been on court mics! Even worse in other sports. I got to sit courtside behind the bench a couple of times in the Gillispie era. Earmuffs kids!

Now in the every human has a "camcorder" in their hand 24/7 era there's going to be a lot more publicity. Before it would just be grumblings from those that were there but with no video it's almost as if it did not happen. Someone needs to counsel those kids that every move they make could be seen by millions of people on Twitter within two minutes.

Denton has a tough job. Kypson is a huge brat & everyone knows it but you can't say no to a player like that (and to the USTA) because there is pressure to win. You can't be truly tough on him anymore in 2018 and in this particular case there's not enough time to slowly gain his trust and change his character little by little.
SA68AG
AG
The Stanford - Wake Forest match came down to a third set tie break at #1, with the Wake Forest #1 puling out a 7-5 tiebreak (the second set between the number 1s was also a 7-5 tie break ). Two really competitive semi final matches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.