*****Official 17-18 Dallas Stars Season Thread*****

34,040 Views | 609 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Street_Cred_Norm
Danther37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting this thread going a little early but this is arguably one of the most important off-seasons in franchise history....

Also,

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

#BISHOPorBUST
Out in Left Field
AG
WOOOOOO!!!
Kashchei
AG
So, the year before last I predicted WCF. Last year I predicted SCF. My calculations were a little off. But I'm super for sure cereal we're going to the Cup finals in 17-18.
TV Casualty
AG
Should be an interesting week with the expansion draft and the the entry draft. Could be some trade action too for the Stars.
Danther37
AG
Reading a few different sources saying that Eakin is the probable pick for Vegas....

Also, our uniforms seemed to remain untouched as the switch to Adidas was unveiled.

Not able to post pics or links at this time sorry
Out in Left Field
AG

Kashchei
AG
The only thing LV could've done to top picking Eakin is selecting one of the Finns.

Eakin, it's nothing personal, just business.
Kashchei
AG
Anyone know why Mrazek wasn't taken? Did Detroit have an arrangement with LV in place? I thought he would be snatched up for sure.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Kashchei said:

Anyone know why Mrazek wasn't taken? Did Detroit have an arrangement with LV in place? I thought he would be snatched up for sure.

That's why you saw some of the picks were not only a player but future draft picks - i.e. the other teams offered Las Vegas a certain player and future draft picks as enticement for Las Vegas not picking someone that the other team really wanted to keep. For example, the Tampa Bay Lightning offered Las Vegas Jason Garrison and at least one future draft pick because the Lightning were trying to keep one of their other unprotected players from getting drafted (plus getting rid of Garrison made a lot of cap space for the Lightning).

So, I don't remember what Las Vegas got from Detroit but if it involved an additional draft pick or two then likely Las Vegas wanted someone else from the Red Wings but took Detroit's offer instead.

Hopefully that answered your question.

TV Casualty
AG
I still have not adjusted to the D-Star. I like the color change in 2013, but I don't think I will ever like the D-Star design.
Kashchei
AG
Curt Fraser got demoted, but is still on staff? He must have nudies of Nill or Gaglardi.
Kashchei
AG
Heiskanen. Best player on the board.
Out in Left Field
AG
TV Casualty
AG
Draft is going how it was expected so far.
Kashchei
AG
I want Oettinger at 29
Out in Left Field
AG
The Ducks gave Eaves a 3 year deal.
Kashchei
AG
I wanted Eaves back, but not at 3.1 mil. Plus how much of that goes to taxes in Kalifornia?
TV Casualty
AG
I'm glad that the Stars kept the pick. It will be interesting to see how things shake out with Klingberg, Honka, and Miro in a couple years.
Kashchei
AG
I'm happy
tk for tu juan
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me

MountainAg99
AG
Kashchei said:

I want Oettinger at 29

Well, there you go! We got the best goalie at 26th overall. Cost us the third rounder to move up from 29th.
k20dub
AG
Solid draft!
Danther37
AG
k20dub said:

Solid draft!

Agreed. Excited for the season!

#BishopOrBust
Out in Left Field
AG
Out in Left Field
AG
Kashchei
AG
Methot. Whoah. An expected unexpected. We gave up practically nothing for a guy who shut down Criesby and played alongside Karlsson. Talk about a great mentor for Berger!
Kashchei
AG
I love reading DBD and am a longtime lurker, but the butthurt over this trade is ridiculous.
MountainAg99
AG
Kashchei said:

I love reading DBD and am a serious lurker, but the butthurt over this trade is ridiculous.

I totally agree. To have the 2nd rounder be in 2020 is a steal too.
Danther37
AG
Kashchei said:

I love reading DBD and am a longtime lurker, but the butthurt over this trade is ridiculous.

Haha I've been wanting to jokingly reassure the outraged people that the 2020 draft is supposed to be weak ...
Street_Cred_Norm
Looks like we are getting Hanzel to replace Eakin. I like it as he's a big guy who can score with much better hands than cody.
Kashchei
AG
I keep waiting for the news the Stars have signed Radulov
Cappo
CoppellAg2009
AG
Me too. I think he's good enough for sure. Hope we offer him enough to overcome Montreal. Although I'm guessing they're preaching the fact that down here you won't be criticized every time he misses a shot by the media
k20dub
AG
Kashchei said:

I keep waiting for the news the Stars have signed Radulov

Well you must be happy!

Kashchei
AG
Very. Best FA on the market! The only thing that could've gone better this offseason was firing Fraser outright.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.