*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

111,657 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by West Texan
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zero tolerance? ha good luck living in your dream world-

explains so much
Pendragon12
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Pendragon12 said:

Man I really hope the org didn't try to cover anything up. At least not to the point where I'm disappointed as a Spurs fan.
I think the chances of them NOT knowing is close to zero.

My guess is that there was an incident (or multiple incidents) that the team was likely trying to investigate/resolve internally, and then this dumb **** went and kept doing it after being corrected and there was zero tolerance after the first incident.

As far as being disappointed as a fan, that depends on what you find acceptable. Personal opinion, and I can already tell I'm in the minority, but anything sexual or violent should be an automatic banning from professional sports. People make mistakes, people learn, etc., but there should be a zero strike policy when it comes to sexual or violent offenses in the sports world. These giant babies are getting paid millions to play a stupid game, and as if that wasn't enough, they are also somehow allowed to live outside the normal legal and moral guidelines that us schmuks in the real world live by. Screw professional athletes who take advantage. There's plenty of people who can dribble a ball and get buckets who don't feel the need to make someone elses life worse.

That's fair. I think if it's the second - I can somewhat live with it. And what I mean by that is - am I disappointed? Yeah, but that isn't a huge scandal cover-up. So I probably should have used better language in my first post. End of the day, I'm disappointed in Primo (for being a perv and stupid), and on some level I'm probably disappointed in the likely desire to try to handle the first incident internally. That said, I can also understand that approach, and it's exactly what makes this kind of thing difficult. Because while I can understand, I don't like it.

I guess ultimately I'm just mad at the 19 year old kid who can't keep it in his pants. The rest is collateral damage unfortunately.

As much of a Spurs homer as I am, if they tried to silence women and cover things up, as a woman myself, I'm not sure what I'll do. If they were doing due diligence, I'm not sure how I'll feel. I know I'll feel a heck of a lot better than if they tried to cover things up. I think that's all I can say right now.
superunknown
AG
Pendragon12 said:

As much of a Spurs homer as I am, if they tried to silence women and cover things up, as a woman myself, I'm not sure what I'll do. If they were doing due diligence, I'm not sure how I'll feel. I know I'll feel a heck of a lot better than if they tried to cover things up. I think that's all I can say right now.

Am told by my person at SSE that the mood is terrible and tense and everyone is bummed out (as you could imagine) and there could be potentially "something else" next week but thats all I've gotten.
Obi Wan Ginobili
superunknown said:

Pendragon12 said:

Am told by my person at SSE that the mood is terrible and tense and everyone is bummed out (as you could imagine) and there could be potentially "something else" next week but thats all I've gotten.

Yeah there's more coming
Ag Natural
AG
I should hope more is coming. Otherwise why hire Buzzby?
jteagle
AG
On the basketball front, looks like Pop is still trying to find the best formula for tanking.

Pendragon12
AG
Devin's knee soreness as me a touch worried
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

On the basketball front, looks like Pop is still trying to find the best formula for tanking.

Ughhh. So disappointing man.
superunknown
AG
Wesley is out for a few weeks, right?
superunknown
AG
LawHall88
AG
superunknown said:

Jock itch and so on.
superunknown
AG
The article basically says well maybe his basketball shorts flashed open, he always did sessions after practice, etc. This whole thing gonna bust open wide tomorrow.
LawHall88
AG
I don't believe 3-point shooting is a strength of Sochan's game.
superunknown
AG
These are the spurs I expected. Stoked for Keldon and Devin's development and hope it continues,but this is basically a G league team past the projected usual starting 5 or so.
West Texan
AG
Giving up 143 and losing by 40+ is certainly back on the tank track.
Guitarsoup
AG
Pelicans losing to the Lakers to make sure they get that #1.
jteagle
AG
superunknown said:

Wesley is out for a few weeks, right?
6-8 is what I saw unless it has been updated.
jteagle
AG
superunknown said:

These are the spurs I expected. Stoked for Keldon and Devin's development and hope it continues,but this is basically a G league team past the projected usual starting 5 or so.
When everyone gets healthy I expect something in between. They aren't going to win many games but I don't think they get blown our every night. I hate that Blake got hurt because the young guys need all the time they can get to develop.

Most teams are going to lose against a quality opponent when their two best players sit out.
LawHall88
AG
Watched the press conference - lawsuit filed against the Spurs and Primo today; alleges that she notified the Spurs of Primo's inappropriate behavior in January and management (Brian Wright) ignored, delayed, and then terminated her in August; Spurs didn't waive Primo until two additional incidents involving Primo, one in Las Vegas and one in Minneapolis, happened later. The Minneapolis incident happened immediately before he was waived, after she was terminated, so I assume the allegation is he exposed himself to someone else.

Buzbee did not know if Pop or Buford were aware of the allegations at the time they were made.
superunknown
AG
Yikes all the way around. If true, at the minimum Wright would need to go. My phone was blowing up with texts during the press conference and I didn't get to watch it but man this is bad.
Ag Natural
AG
So what kind of financial damages can be sought for this? I've never heard of anyone getting sued for being flashed. Is that considered sexual misconduct in this day and age?
DTP02
AG
LawHall88 said:

Watched the press conference - lawsuit filed against the Spurs and Primo today; alleges that she notified the Spurs of Primo's inappropriate behavior in January and management (Brian Wright) ignored, delayed, and then terminated her in August; Spurs didn't waive Primo until two additional incidents involving Primo, one in Las Vegas and one in Minneapolis, happened later. The Minneapolis incident happened immediately before he was waived, after she was terminated, so I assume the allegation is he exposed himself to someone else.

Buzbee did not know if Pop or Buford were aware of the allegations at the time they were made.

This is obviously only one side of the story, but you would think that it would be fairly easy to nip this thing in the bud when they first heard about it.

"Hey Josh, keep it in your pants and be respectful." And then if it happens again you now know he has a problem and you tell him he needs to go to a different therapist, this time for his sexual issues, and give him some time off until he gets a clean bill of mental health.

Seems like there was an obvious path there to not only get the dude some needed help but also preserve a valuable asset.

This will probably be settled so I doubt we ever learn everything about who knew what and when, but it would definitely be interesting to see.
LawHall88
AG
superunknown
AG
Well thats a wild ride. So Primo counters with "this old white lady saw my junk on accident maybe?"
Enzo The Baker
AG
Wright is going to be toast.

That statement from Primo's camp seems pretty ridiculous.
Mike Elko
AG
Primo.

And of course Buzbee's on the other side. He's as much of a scumbag as Josh, imho.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Ag Natural said:

So what kind of financial damages can be sought for this? I've never heard of anyone getting sued for being flashed. Is that considered sexual misconduct in this day and age?

It's been illegal for a while. I don't understand the confusion on this board. Sexual assault doesn't have to be penetration. You can't do what he did (allegedly, for now).
Guitarsoup
AG
Exposing yourself is a class B misdemeanor, but it has to be a willful act intended to arouse or gratify. If he was laying on the sofa and his shorts unknowingly exposed him as he claims, it would not be a crime under Texas law.
CC09LawAg
It's ok, we get it. You are not capable of discussing any nuance or grey area in this matter and have drawn your line in the sand.

Let the rest of us have a discussion as the situation plays out.
LawHall88
AG
superunknown said:

Well thats a wild ride. So Primo counters with "this old white lady saw my junk on accident maybe?"
With a race card play thrown in.
Ag Natural
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Ag Natural said:

It's been illegal for a while. I don't understand the confusion on this board. Sexual assault doesn't have to be penetration. You can't do what he did (allegedly, for now).

I didn't ask whether it's legal or not. I'm asking about a civil suit. What's the precedent here? I've never heard of.lawsuit over a ***** exposure.
LawHall88
AG
CC09LawAg
I would assume that the target for the damages is the team for ignoring her reports, hostile work environment, etc. and less the action itself, aiming for the exemplary and gross negligence type damages to punish the team for their behavior.

"Send a message to this team that this type of cover up and behavior won't be tolerated" type stuff.
Pendragon12
AG
LawHall88 said:

Edit - shouldn't phrase it that way. It's interesting they're disagreeing with pretty much all of the presser. Ugh this sucks.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea this is not going to go smoothly. Like with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. It's interesting that he explicitly said they disagree. I think the more sensible thing to say would be 'we will let the legal process play out and stick by our core values yada yada yada'.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.