*** The Concert Thread ***

153,874 Views | 1958 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by johnnyblaze36
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Claude! said:

Saw Judas Priest last night at PNC Pavilion Charlotte with Sabaton opening.
  • Venue was fine - it's showing its age, but security line moved quickly once the doors opened and I didn't see long lines for concessions. Merch line was long, but you could order online and pickup.
  • Sabaton was pretty great - excellent energy and good crowd work from Joakim. The fans were super into them, too - lots of folks knew the entire setlist and were really digging them, which was great to see.
  • Judas Priest - Rob Halford is old. He looked like a goth leather Santa wandering around stage, and I am pretty sure at times was reading lyrics straight from the monitors for extended periods. For all that, he can still belt when he wants to, and they did play for almost two hours. The band sounded great with a setlist heavy on the hits.

Proof of Rob Halford's Santa phase, plus bonus pic of Joachim from Sabaton playing a Hello Kitty guitar.

maroon barchetta
Jealous
62strat
AG
how awesome is this lol

Leg 2 of their tour kicks off next friday.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Stoked to be seeing Uli Jon Roth again this Friday. To me he's one of the most underrated guitarists ever.
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

how awesome is this lol

Love it! But what is "swap the ride with a china"?
maroon barchetta
Types of cymbals
62strat
AG
which is kinda inaccurate, as lars rarely uses rides to begin with, on record or live.
It should be swap crash with a china.
62strat
AG
Counterpoint said:

62strat said:

how awesome is this lol

Love it! But what is "swap the ride with a china"?
here is some liberal china usage.. on the record, it's hard to tell.. maybe a ride, maybe a hat, it's really quiet in the mix. But if it were a ride, this is what the shirt is referring to.

timestamp 3m55s or so, the cymbal his right hand is hitting down at the lower level.
At 4:38 he switches back to hihats.

goadius6
AG
Anyone going to Dead&Co at the Sphere? Wife and I are heading there father's day weekend for one show, working on either friday or saturday night tickets now. Trying very hard to stay away from as many videos as I can.
Jim01
AG
I wish. Looks amazing.

According to reddit there are still plenty of face value tickets on TM or on CashOrTrade.
goadius6
AG
Yup, i've got an alert set up for both nights on CashorTrade, just shopping, not really too nervous about it yet. heard last night was amazing
Echoes97
AG
Got tix w/ my brother to see David Gilmour at Madison Square Garden in November!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I will be going to the Troubadour Festival at Aggie Park with 2 other friends. This will be the first time for all 3 of us.
jh0400
AG
Pulled the trigger on Tyler Childers at Folsom Field in Boulder in August.
Whos Juan
AG
Echoes97 said:

Got tix w/ my brother to see David Gilmour at Madison Square Garden in November!

I just picked up a ticket to see him Nov 4th.
Guppy91
AG
goadius6 said:

Anyone going to Dead&Co at the Sphere? Wife and I are heading there father's day weekend for one show, working on either friday or saturday night tickets now. Trying very hard to stay away from as many videos as I can.

Headed there for two runs! Late May and late June. The videos are amazing. They recreated "Barton Hall -Cornell" and the Wall of Sound. The abstract art portions are pretty amazing!
johnnyblaze36
AG
goadius6 said:

Just came here to ask the same question after seeing videos from the last two nights. Won't post or spoil but the visuals are insane.

I cannot believe I didn't make it to Pearl Jam Vegas>Dead & Co sphere>night 2 Pearl Jam. Ugh.
johnnyblaze36
AG
goadius6 said:

Yup, i've got an alert set up for both nights on CashorTrade, just shopping, not really too nervous about it yet. heard last night was amazing
I got my ticket to see Billy last Saturday through CoT from a guy that lives in California. They were $179 for single day passes and he sold them to me for $79 each. Turns out he thought it said Monterey County Fair which is a mile from his house but fifteen minutes later after purchase he realized it was Montgomery County Fair in Conroe. Hilarious.

Show was freaking awesome but one set Billy shows are such a tease. Still managed to crank out 16 songs in an hour and twenty minutes with some lengthy jams in "Hide and Seek" and "Away from the Mire". Plus got my first "Wild Horses" bustout that hadn't been played in 126 shows.

https://imgur.com/a/UcSvuVQ

ETA: How do you post photos on here? Imgur changed it's format a little while back and I can't figure it out.
WyoAgg10
AG
Very jealous. The guy is almost boring on stage, but his live voice is incredible. Will be a great show.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
My 2 friends and I had a great time at the Troubadour Festival at Aggie Park yesterday. I will also see George Strait at Kyle Field on 6/15 and Koe Wetzel at the Woodlands on 7/27 with some friends.
Jim01
AG
IDLES absolutely crushed it at White Oak last night.

It's the first time I haven't hated the lawn and it had everything to do with the crowd size. It was a good size but not sold out so I was able to get a good spot.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better live band right now. Amazing energy!

https://instagr.am/p/C7T-0KRRqIg

cc10106
Fun show for sure and great live band even though I wasn't real familiar with their music.

I've seen some great shows on the lawn at White Oak (Sturgill, MMJ) but some bad ones as well. Seems like they let bands play louder out there now than in the past.
Jim01
AG
Good point. The sound was much better and louder than in the past.
Duckhook
AG
Carrie Underwood last night in Vegas. Fantastic show. Wound up with some great seats due to a StubHub screw up and them making good on an upgraded replacement.
[url=https://ibb.co/5xZxkvV][/url]
Ag CPA
AG
Still hot but may be time to start covering more of those legs.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Thread bump.

Got tickets earlier today for Jane's Addiction and Love and Rockets in the presale for 713 Music Hall on 8/19. A little pricey ($220 for a pair balcony reserved) but never seen Jane's Addiction and it's their first time touring in 14 years with the original band members.

Pre-sale code is "PERFORM".
Trajan88
AG
Pat Green this Friday at Dallas' Longhorn Ballroom... first time I am seeing a show at this venue in 8-10 years
13 - 0
Has anybody seen Todd Rundgren on his ME / WE 2024 Tour this year?
Bunk Moreland
Doing the DMB Texas Two Step tomorrow night and Saturday night in Woodlands/Dallas.

Can't wait
LMCane
saw Kenny Chesney saturday at FedEx field near DC

Megan Maroney- awful, every song is her bleating in some sad ballad
Uncle Kracker- one song was pretty good the other just bleh

Zac Brown Band- two of his famous songs are great. then he went to do a cover of some rock song. and then some caribbean song/pop song. WTF!! it's a country western concert!
jetch17
AG
Chesney shows are just modern day Buffett concerts
AggieRob93
AG
Ag CPA said:

Still hot but may be time to start covering more of those legs.
You're crazy dude, her gams are still banging, and better than 95% of those seen every day.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Saw the Hootie & the Blowfish tour opener in Dallas last night and holy cow what a show. I've loved them for 30 years now going back to my high school days when "Cracked Rear View" came out and still listen to that album all the time but had never seen them so I was very excited going in.

It had been raining all day and I figured it would be a pretty sparse crowd at Dos Equis/Starplex and was shocked by how crowded the entire seating area was along with the lawn.

Played every song I wanted to hear plus covers of R.E.M., Zeppelin, Stone Temple Pilots, and other classics. The visuals were great and Darius Rucker and company put on a helluva show. He had on a Mavs shirt and kept the crowd up to date on the game throughout which was nice (unless you were trying to avoid the score and watch later).

The crowd energy was excellent as well. If you even remotely like this band or are on the fence go see them. Got our tickets in the $25 Live Nation sale and I'd have paid $100 if I knew how great that was going to be.

Great recap video of last night here:

https://instagr.am/p/C7pUd95x7yB
johnnyblaze36
AG
Trajan88 said:

Pat Green this Friday at Dallas' Longhorn Ballroom... first time I am seeing a show at this venue in 8-10 years
The venue is greatness! Posted earlier in the thread about seeing the Disco Biscuits there and also Charley Crockett in the last couple of months. I think it has quickly entered the picture as one of my favorites in all of Dallas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.