*** The Concert Thread ***

158,109 Views | 1969 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duckhook
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd like to see JC and Candlebox again. I could pass on Bush.
62strat
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I'd like to see JC and Candlebox again. I could pass on Bush.
I enjoyed them just a year or two ago, with AIC and Breaking Benjamin. Now it would be great if they just played 16 stone lol.
LMCane
Bought tickets to Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band at FedEx Field this May
cc10106
Hmm. I thought Candlebox was hanging it up for some reason.

Tool has discounted tickets for their Corpus Christi show later this month. Are they worth a 7 hour drive (total) to see live?
cajunaggie08
AG
cc10106 said:

Tool has discounted tickets for their Corpus Christi show later this month. Are they worth a 7 hour drive (total) to see live?

If you've never seen them before, yes. Granted they do tour rather often. This tour they seem to be hitting smaller cities so I suppose you could wait for them to come through your area in a year or 2.
maroon barchetta
Tool is playing Corpus Christi?
jetch17
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Yes - they added Corpus & El Paso shows

maroon barchetta
Echoes97
AG
jetch17 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Yes - they added Corpus & El Paso shows

If you can catch Tool w/ Elder this time, I *highly* recommend it. Elder is awesome, and if Tool's show setup is anything like the first go-round of the Fear Inoculum tour, it is fantastic sound and visual-wise. Seen them on every tour since 1998 (Aenima) and this last one was the best from a sound perspective. Huge sounding.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
cc10106
Elder is a nice bonus as well. I always miss them when they come through Houston.
62strat
AG
cc10106 said:

do you like the new album?

Because this tour is still very heay on it, they are throwing in almost all of them, so there isn't much room for older songs.

This is their recent NYC show, only 5 songs not from F.I.
  • Fear Inoculum 6
  • 10,000 Days - jambi/rosetta stoned
  • nima -- 46&2
  • Lateralus - grudge
  • Opiate - sweat

LandArchSA
AG
"Discounted" is still $80+ for upper level seat on TM. Not sure if there's cheaper on Seatgeek, Stubhub, etc. Lower level is still $150+ each.

If you were in SA or Austin I would say it might be worth it. Or you can adopt the "wait until it gets closer" approach to see if they drop more. My favorite band but I don't know if I'd drive 7 hours unless there was a steep drop in pricing. Or maybe I'm just old and can be particular these days...
cc10106
I like it enough to see mostly it and a mix of older stuff. After looking at some recent set lists, I recall there being more variety last time they rolled through town.

cc10106
I understand and am particular as well, hence why I rarely go to arena shows anymore. The venue is smaller than others on this tour so that's a plus. Not sure it's enough of one to deal with that drive, but I need to see them live sooner than later.
StinkyPinky
AG
cc10106 said:

I understand and am particular as well, hence why I rarely go to arena shows anymore. The venue is smaller than others on this tour so that's a plus. Not sure it's enough of one to deal with that drive, but I need to see them live sooner than later.

Definitely worth it. I've seen them 3 times, number 4 will be in Vegas next month. Don't pass up the opportunity.
62strat
AG
Sleep token tacks on a full tour to the radio city and red rocks dates

https://www.wearethepit.com/2024/01/sleep-token-announce-2024-north-american-headlining-tour/?eml=2024January18/6354900/6424942&etsubid=38167792

4/30 Phoenix, AZ Arizona Financial Theatre
5/1 Albuquerque, NM Revel
5/3 Austin, TX H-E-B Center at Cedar Park
5/4- Dallas, TX Toyota Music Factory
5/6 Tampa, FL Yuengling Center
5/7 Atlanta, GA Coca-Cola Roxy
5/8 Asheville, NC Exploreasheville.com Arena
5/10 St. Louis, MO The Factory
5/12 Denver, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
5/14 Des Moines, IA Vibrant Music Hall
5/15 Chicago, IL The Salt Shed
5/16 Chicago, IL The Salt Shed
5/19 Pittsburgh, PA Petersen Events Center
5/20 Philadelphia, PA The Met Philadelphia
5/22 New York City, NY Radio City Music Hall
5/24 Boston, MA MGM Music Hall at Fenway
5/25 Montreal, QC Place Bell
5/27 Toronto, ON Massey Hall
5/28 Toronto, ON Massey Hall
cajunaggie08
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2P6pFtvTF7/?igsh=MWo4ZHc1dnl4ZHd2dw==
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ok, and seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass....their music seems...so basic. Especially compared to the Tool with Elder opening tour. I'm open to "new" bands, but I'm not getting this one.
62strat
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Ok, and seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass....their music seems...so basic. Especially compared to the Tool with Elder opening tour. I'm open to "new" bands, but I'm not getting this one.
I def don't enjoy all of it.

Like on new album, I'm not really listening past track 5.

I don't know anyone or anything who has offers up a journey like you get in the 6.5 minutes of the summoning. If you know of anything let me know because I love that track.

I also think they do fantastic work on some of their poppy tracks, like take aim, or aqua reiga or levitate.

Then a song like sugar, how you can not like that? It sounds like nothing in the metal world. (Fair enough as it's not really metal). Maybe there is an artist that has that kind of sound, if so let me know!

Aside from all that, this is a band with anonymity, theatrics and lore. That sucks a lot of people in.

Look at ghost. Clubs to arenas in no time.
JYDog90
AG
gigemags2016 said:

Seeing Rolling Stones in Houston this April - afraid it might be last shot to see them but we've been thinking that for years.

Have 2 extra tickets I'll sale at face ($240 each) if anyone wants them.

Club level. Section 345 row U.

These still available?
digging tunnels
AG
Black Crowes announce new tour. New album coming out in March. Presale goes on sale tomorrow
TP Ag '87
AG
Tool tonight. Bridgestone Arena. 3rd row.

(not gonna let a few sniffles stop us.)

Also, Adam Jones at a free M&G at the Gibson factory this afternoon. Don't know if I'll make that. May skip for the good of Adam and the tour.
maroon barchetta
Enjoy being patient zero at your COVID super spreader event
TP Ag '87
AG
I guess I've got an inoculum for fear at this point.
maroon barchetta
Bunk Moreland
spadilly
S
Maybe being the second week of the tour, we won't get the usual blank/shake the rust off type setlist in the Woodlands this year.
Scruffy
AG
I got sec 217.
I don't want to stand.
Bunk Moreland
spadilly said:

Maybe being the second week of the tour, we won't get the usual blank/shake the rust off type setlist in the Woodlands this year.

That was my first thought too. I requested 4 for Woodlands & Dallas through the warehouse. Shows 6/7 on the tour.

Also, I loved their introduction of The Weight at the Gorge last summer, along with their cover of Buffet's A Priate Looks at Forty. I hope they keep that as a regular cover. Would love to hear either of them live this summer.
TP Ag '87
AG
These were my Christmas gift so I'm not complaining.
Scruffy
AG
nice
Scruffy
AG
Just got home:

sanitariex
AG
I can't wait for the Dallas show next week! It'll be my first time seeing them, and have been listening to them ever since Schism hit the airwaves.
maroon barchetta
Those are pretty much the worst concert photos ever.
WES2006AG
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Those are pretty much the worst concert photos ever.
They look about like every concert smartphone pic I've ever seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.