*** The Concert Thread ***

157,053 Views | 1969 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duckhook
Kyle04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ACL 2023 line up will be announced May 9.

This some of the line up.

Shania Twain, foo fighters, alanis morisette, lumineers, Kendrick Lamar, Odesza, The 1975, Hozier, Kali Uchis, Maggie Rogers, Cigarettes After Sex, Tove Lo, Niall Horan, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Noah Kahan, Lil Yachty, The Mars Volta, The Revivalists, Portugal. The Man, M83,
62strat
AG
as always, sounding great.

Can actually hear Rob too.. I mean his vocals.

62strat
AG
Also, this

https://www.livenation.com/promotion/concertweek?c=EML_LN_LN20137272&camefrom=EMLN_LN20137272&et_rid=32775324&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=lnemail&utm_term=EML_LN_LN20137272
Jim01
AG
Oh, there are 3-4 shows on that list of artists that are on my maybe list. For $25 though, they might become definites.
maroon barchetta
Will these be nosebleeds or standing room/GA tickets?
Diggity
AG
They did some "Summer Sale" last year and it was mainly GA
62strat
AG
Entirely venue dependent. Red rocks is on there for example, there is no GA. it will likely be further back rows. But a woodlands type amphitheater, it would be lawn/GA.
In an arena, it would NOT be GA/floor, it would be higher up seats.

Diggity
AG
well yeah, it won't be GA at concerts that don't have GA
Proposition Joe
And Red Rocks absolutely has GA, just depends on the event.
62strat
AG
Diggity said:

well yeah, it won't be GA at concerts that don't have GA
What I meant to get across is that GA is not consistent with either being close or far. It is close in an arena, but far at an amphitheater. Some shows are all GA, some have none.

Cheap tickets on a deal like this, I assume, will be far, regardless of the venue, unless of course it's 100% GA.

jorgerr96
Just got to NOLA for opening night Cure show. ACL lineup is great, just sucks how many artists are Weekend exlusive. Not going to W1 this year because of Power Trip so W2 it is, will miss The Walkmen and Mars Volta but I saw them at Shaky Knees this past weekend ... but I am sure I will miss a Walkmen late night show :/
spadilly
S
Has anyone seen Colin Jost before? Thinking of going to see his stand up show in Houston this summer.
jorgerr96

The Cure was so great. $25 t-shirts, $50 hoodie, $30 city poster. Best merch prices of any arena act.

https://instagr.am/p/CsFvsGuN3rZ
MAROON
AG
jorgerr96 said:

The Cure was so great. $25 t-shirts, $50 hoodie, $30 city poster. Best merch prices of any arena act.

Livestream of the entire concert. Robert Smith hasn't lost a bit of his voice.
Counterpoint
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Was there an opening act? Trying to plan my trip to Houston tomorrow!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Counterpoint said:

jorgerr96 said:

Was there an opening act? Trying to plan my trip to Houston tomorrow!
The Twilight Sad is opening tomorrow. I believe they come on around 7. I'll be in Houston and Dallas (weather permitting). Can't wait.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Are you using your camera phone on all the videos on your IG? Some of those Metallica ones are incredible. And how do you manage to get on the rail for all of these huge acts??
jorgerr96
Yeah all phone. i was using an iphone 12 pro from 2021 up to december of last year, recently switched to the 14 pro and i like the zoom better, then i just lower the exposure to get a clearer video. Choose the 4k 60fps option so it eats up storage lol
jorgerr96
They went at 7 to 7:40 and The Cure started at around 8:15ish I think. Their paper said 8:10 pm
Wicked Good Ag
The Cure tomorrow

Picked up Tears for Fears in the live nation concert week

Depeche Mode maybe in Oct.

Am I giving away my age range ??
jorgerr96
gotta add Sisters of Mercy at the end of the month
Counterpoint
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

The Cure tomorrow

Picked up Tears for Fears in the live nation concert week

Depeche Mode maybe in Oct.

Am I giving away my age range ??

46-51?
Counterpoint
AG
Thanks!
Another Doug
AG
The Cure were freaking awesome, better quality than the Show album and twice as long.
Counterpoint
AG
Another Doug said:

The Cure were freaking awesome, better quality than the Show album and twice as long.

The crowd was really into it too! So fun.
Counterpoint
AG
Anyone else pulling a Cure/Killers doubleheader at Toyota this weekend (assuming Killers actually happens this time, which is a HUGE assumption at this point)?
jorgerr96

If anyone goes to Dallas do get the poster. One of the best ones on the tour. The Houston poster was ok. Austin is cool but Dallas got the better out of the 3.
Velvet Jones
AG
Another Doug said:

Huge thanks to Another Doug for the tickets last night! It was great meeting y'all (yes, another successful TexAgs hookup) and it really made my wife's birthday. Again - thank you!

The Cure was incredible live. Top 10 all time for me and I've been fortunate to see a lot of concerts in my lifetime.

Get there early enough to see the Twilight Sad.

Houston set list:

Alone
Pictures of You
A Night Like This
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
Trust
A Fragile Thing
Cold
Burn
Kyoto Song
Push
Primary
Shake Dog Shake
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
Endsong

Encore:

I Can Never Say Goodbye
A Thousand Hours
Charlotte Sometimes
Play for Today
A Forest

Encore 2:

Lullaby
Six Different Ways
The Walk
Friday I'm in Love
Doing the Unstuck
Close to Me
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
Wicked Good Ag
Was at Houston last night as well

was talking to friend about how those who are listening to mainstream radio Cure wouldnt know a lot of the songs played in the middle but those who listen to Wish Disentagration and the earlier stuff were not disappointed at all.

Those who know the Cure from only radio airplay would love the last 30 minutes of a strong 2:45 plus show
Most of the main stream hits were at the end except for Pictures of You and Lovesong (which had a different sound it seemed then what i am used to)

Really enjoyed the concert...quite a few songs that i remembered loving in my early days but hadnt heard in years

MIssed the opening act...what were their sound?

Only issue i had was speaker in back where we were located had a reverberation that occured quite frequently

I will simply put it this way...made my decision a lot easier to get Depeche Mode tickets in October , just a matter of which location

LOng shot but if anyone has tickets for tampa on June 29th I am in orlando and would come in a heartbeat to see the show

johnnyblaze36
AG
The Cure was incredible. My ONLY complaint is that there wasn't a single song played off "Bloodflowers" which is my second favorite album of theirs. Weird that they would do the entire album for that Trilogy performance and then shelve the whole thing.

Face lawns are available on Live Nation right now for anybody looking last minute. Can't wait for round 2.
Wicked Good Ag
johnnyblaze36 said:

The Cure was incredible. My ONLY complaint is that there wasn't a single song played off "Bloodflowers" which is my second favorite album of theirs. Weird that they would do the entire album for that Trilogy performance and then shelve the whole thing.

Face lawns are available on Live Nation right now for anybody looking last minute. Can't wait for round 2.

WISH i had known extra seats were coming out for tonight

They played Last Day of Summer in NOLA but yes you are correct nothing from that album in Houston
Another Doug
AG
Glad to do it. Fun to meet you and your wife who is too cool for you.
Velvet Jones
AG
Another Doug said:

Glad to do it. Fun to meet you and your wife who is too cool for you.
No argument there Sir. I'm well aware that I have no business being married to her.

Thanks again. here's to next time!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

WISH i had known extra seats were coming out for tonight

They played Last Day of Summer in NOLA but yes you are correct nothing from that album in Houston
Last night was my 8th time seeing them I think and it was the best experience I've ever had at one of their shows. Had a lawn ticket which was more packed than I've ever seen it but hopped on the Live Nation app at 5:58 pm and snagged a single 9th row center which is the closest I've been to see them. What an absolute game changer. The band sounds as good as ever and the lights and visuals were stellar.

Again my only complaint is that they didn't play anything off "Bloodflowers" for the second night in a row and they teased "Last Day of Summer" for a good three minutes or so before aborting it. I was very tempted to go to Austin tonight and checked TM around 3 today and another 9th row floor seat was available but then I realized last night would be impossible to top. Robert Smith is such a freaking legend.

My buddy found the artist's website who did the poster last night and bought one at 10 am today and sent me the link. By the time I tried at 11 am they were sold out. Only $40. I go to ebay and see some jackass selling it for $190.
johnnyblaze36
AG
There are quite a few seats popping up still for Austin tonight. This face value ticket exchange thing is the greatest ever. Wish other bands would follow suit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.