*** The Concert Thread ***

158,121 Views | 1969 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duckhook
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pedro Cerano said:

I'm looking at upgrading for Austin N2 as well. Does anybody know how the tickets being sold on SeatGeek work? There's a ton of seats. How does that work with Ticketmaster's "non-tranfersble" tickets?
I'm not sure. Did you buy originally on SeatGeek? I don't get how there could be secondary sites for these shows as TM was kind enough to sell floor seats for $997 each and suddenly they are $161 all over the place at face value ticket exchange only but non-transferable.

I had an extra pair and just let some acquaintainces login to my TM account to get in on Friday.

If you didn't pay too much on SeatGeek and have ****ty seats it's worth it imo if you have the means to just bite the bullet and upgrade on TM if you see something great pop up. Sorry, that's probably not much help, but I don't know of anyone that got tix for this Texas run through a secondary site.
Pedro Cerano
AG
I got my tickets through 10C. I'm 214, Row B but was trying to get down to the lower bowl and closer to the stage. I've been watching Ticketmaster as well, but there's not much lower bowl unless you want to sit behind the stage or pay $800 per. SeatGeek has a lot of lower bowl in the +/- $250 range. But I need two and don't feel too inclined to make a $500 gamble. But I've been watching tickets come and go on there since Friday, so somebody is buying them. Who knows.
Straight ball, I hit very much.
LandArchSA
AG
I had two tix N1 through Seat Geek but sold them to a friend a couple weeks ago since I can't go. I received the tickets on my phone and when I open them they had the dynamic (moving) scan line going back and forth over the bar code. So I'm assuming it was legit. Guess I'll know later today if he can't get into Moody...

I saw seats at the back of the floor section on TM this morning for $162 each, so keep looking if you want to go and/or upgrade.
Pedro Cerano
AG
Thanks LandArchSA. Definitely let me know if your friend doesn't get in (though it sounds like they will)!
Straight ball, I hit very much.
Candiru
AG
The moving bar ticket is how mine looked as well for FW2 show.
jorgerr96
I just got one for today in section 105. I think that's the best I can do at this point. Been checking tix as well and it's brutal, you need to be the absolute first person to click on the ticket for it to go to your cart. Even in my cart that ticket was still showing as available on the map.
Jim01
AG
QOTSA just announced more dates for their tour, including Texas, even Houston!

06 DEC 23
EL PASO, TX, US
ABRAHAM CHAVEZ THEATRE

08 DEC 23
AUSTIN, TX, US
MOODY CENTER

09 DEC 23
HOUSTON, TX, US
713 MUSIC HALL

10 DEC 23
IRVING, TX, US
THE PAVILLION AT TOYOTA MUSIC FACTORY

Hells yeah! One of my top tier bands and at a nice venue. Can't wait!
cajunaggie08
AG
I did think its odd they were completely skipping Texas when their original tour dates were announced. I'm glad to see they are swinging back through here and hitting up almost all the metros.
cc10106

May have to hit multiple shows for the Texas run.
jorgerr96
Man what a joke. Had PJ GA pit twice in my cart. Click checkout and it gives me an error I've never seen. Got charged for both tickets (pending charge so it will be erased), but I tried to buy a GNR one just to test and now after adding to cart the site goes blank.

I bet it's because the stupid office at work changed their wi-fi. Last time I got banned from TM for 3 weeks was because of using VPN at home lol
maroon barchetta
You can get banned from spending money on TM?
jorgerr96
Long story but I used to buy tix with my work computer and during whf i had to have the VPN to run some apps, and it got flagged by Ticketmaster. I appealed and after 3 weeks of their own investigation they still said I was cheating (no idea how a VPN can help you bypass the queue or buy tickets like bots) so I started tweeting at a bunch of LN execs and one of them (David Marcus head of Global Music) helped me out within an hour lol. The last response I got from their Risk Team after they unbanned my IP was quite funny
62strat
AG
What the hell how I am just now seeing that Eddie Izard is on tour?

Sname on you ticketmaster Algorithmic email, shame on you. I saw him back in 2008 ish, so surely my acct history indicates I previously bought tickets.

Denver first show already sold out, second show is Halloween.. ughh.
Man he hasn't toured the states much in recent years I don't think.

https://consequence.net/2023/06/eddie-izzard-2023-tour-dates/amp/
KidDoc
AG
SOON!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jim01
AG
Nabbed my QOTSA ticket!

$59 for GA Floor at 713 Music Hall. That's the kind of concert pricing I can get behind!

I had a $20 promo code they emailed me a while back so that helped negate the fees and total was $56.82 out the door.

Artist presale code is NEGATIVESPACE for those that need it.
Mike Elko
AG
Just got our QOTSA tickets during presale. Saw PJ on Tuesday. Not bad, Moody... Not bad at all.
62strat
AG
Just decided to pick up a ticket to AWOLnation on one of their off dates on the 311 tour.
Playing a 850 cap. theater in boulder.

Their (his?) most recent album angel miners/lightning riders is fire front to back.

LandArchSA
AG
Took my son to Fall Out Boy years ago (he had a period where that Light'em Up song was worn out in our house) and AWOL opened for them. Didn't know much about AWOL at the time but now enjoy having them in my rotation every once in a while. Their set that night was definitely better than FOB.
62strat
AG
LandArchSA said:

Took my son to Fall Out Boy years ago (he had a period where that Light'em Up song was worn out in our house) and AWOL opened for them. Didn't know much about AWOL at the time but now enjoy having them in my rotation every once in a while. Their set that night was definitely better than FOB.
I'd imagine it's pretty hard for most anyone to not have heard sail. That was a massive song. I liked all the radio hits they put out on that record and 2nd.. then kind of forgot about them.

Randomly decided to go listen to the 2020 album earlier this year and was hooked again. I love his vibe.. poppy, not afraid to get heavy, touch of progressiveness a times (listen to I'm a wreck, short but goes on a little journey), splash of indie sound.

Can't believe as big as they already were that more of their recent songs don't get radio play.

johnnyblaze36
AG
Had a blast at all four PJ shows. Was a little disappointed that out of ten songs I really wanted to hear they only played one of them (State of Love and Trust final night) and found it odd that they played nothing I can remember off Binaural but can't complain. They still put on as good a show as one can see.

Up next, Depeche Mode next Friday at Moody. Can't wait.
AggieRob93
AG
In Las Vegas for my wife's birthday to see Adele tonight at Caesar's during her residency. Hope the smaller venue is great for the experience!
Big Cat `93
AG
Finally got to see Chicago in Sugar Land Wednesday. Pankow and Loughnane can still bring it after all these years. And Walfredo Reyes Jr. is one of the best drummers going.

The missus and I knocked the average age of the crowd down a notch or two.
62strat
AG
no talk of beyonce in this thread.. dallas last night, houston next two nights!
WES2006AG
AG
AggieRob93 said:

In Las Vegas for my wife's birthday to see Adele tonight at Caesar's during her residency. Hope the smaller venue is great for the experience!
That sounds awesome. I have tickets to see Garth at Caesars next summer. Let us know how the venue is, I would imagine it is the same place.
Mike Elko
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Had a blast at all four PJ shows. Was a little disappointed that out of ten songs I really wanted to hear they only played one of them (State of Love and Trust final night) and found it odd that they played nothing I can remember off Binaural but can't complain. They still put on as good a show as one can see.

Outta curiosity, what are the other nine? I'm sure I can name a few, but will hang up and listen...
Counterpoint
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Was a little disappointed that out of ten songs I really wanted to hear they only played one of them (State of Love and Trust final night)

Outta curiosity, what are the other nine? I'm sure I can name a few, but will hang up and listen...

Ten songs I really wanted to hear:
1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Alive
4. Why Go
5. Black
6. Jeremy
7. Oceans
8. Porch
9. Garden
10. Deep
Know Your Enemy
AG
Counterpoint said:

AustinAg2012 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Was a little disappointed that out of ten songs I really wanted to hear they only played one of them (State of Love and Trust final night)

1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Alive
4. Why Go
5. Black
6. Jeremy
7. Oceans
8. Porch
9. Garden
10. Deep
No Release?????????????
AggieLitigator
WES2006AG said:

AggieRob93 said:

That sounds awesome. I have tickets to see Garth at Caesars next summer. Let us know how the venue is, I would imagine it is the same place.

The venue is amazing and Garth kills it. And he's funny too with some stories sprinkled. We saw him in July at Caesar's.
Counterpoint
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Counterpoint said:

AustinAg2012 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Alive
4. Why Go
5. Black
6. Jeremy
7. Oceans
8. Porch
9. Garden
10. Deep
No Release?????????????

For album title pun purposes only...no Release!
maroon barchetta
They didn't play Jeremy?
johnnyblaze36
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

In no particular order but what I had fired off in a text to my buddy after the FW run:

Release
In Hiding
Off He Goes
Man of the Hour
Dissident
Immortality
Parting Ways
Breath
Future Days

*What a catalog when you see 4 shows in a row and hear none of those gems.
AggieRob93
AG
Wes, the Colosseum was a pretty nice venue. Looks like it seats around 5k, it is set up for acoustics so sound was really good. Of course Adele would sound good in a tin can, she sounded great last night.

We sat in front row of first balcony, pretty close to center. Our view was great, and looking at the layout, don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

Should be a great time with Garth.
Know Your Enemy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

They didn't play Jeremy?

They didn't at the Wednesday FTW show but did on Friday.
dmart90
AG
Saw Pat Benatar last night at ACL Moody Theater. For a 70 year old, she still rocks. Her voice is generally lower than it was back in the day, but just as melodic. And she can still hit the high notes every now and then. Neil Giraldo still rocks.

They finished with Heartbreaker, which was awesome. They segued into Ring of Fire and absolutely killed it. More of that please!
Philo B 93
dmart90 said:

Saw Pat Benatar last night at ACL Moody Theater. For a 70 year old, she still rocks. He voice is generally lower than it was back in the day, but just as melodic. And she can still hit the high notes every now and then. Neil Giraldo still rocks.

They finished with Heartbreaker, which was awesome. They segued into Ring of Fire and absolutely killed it. More of that please!

I saw her 2 years ago and would say exactly what you said, including the Ring of Fire finish. Some time after I saw her she declared she wouldn't sing "Best Shot" apparently to protest… something. Did she bring it back?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.