*** The Concert Thread ***
158,065 Views | 1969 Replies
62strat
12:24p, 3/20/24
In reply to Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy said:

I have mixed feelings about the current singer for STP. It annoys me that he's basically a Weiland imitator but his voice sounds good and the band still sounds amazing. I've seen them a few times with this guy. I prefer the AIC approach where the singer is his own man and not a tribute band kinda guy.
I think William sounds really close to Layne!

But I never saw Layne so I don't know if William is copying his stage presence or whathave you.

Does the new STP guy act like Weiland on stage? That would be pretty lame and very tribute-ish. They've released music with him, so he should def. be his own person.
Know Your Enemy
12:58p, 3/20/24
In reply to 62strat
Yes, he does which is what annoys me. And to my ears William sounds quite different than Layne. STP has released at least one album with this dude, possibly two. I've never bothered to listen. If you subscribe to Coda Collection on Prime Video they have two performances with him where the do Core & Purple in their entirety, one for each. They're alone in a room and not in front of an audience.
62strat
1:00p, 3/20/24
staind and bb making the groupon round lol.

Half off.. shoot that's enough for me to buy. Done.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-lnc-breaking-benjamin-staind-with-special-guest-daughtry-denver-2024
Jim01
2:04p, 3/20/24
I saw AIC open for GNR a few months back. I liked the lead singer. I felt like he sounded enough like Layne to pull it off, but also sounded unique enough to not sound like a cover artists. Either way the dude can BELT!
Know Your Enemy
3:32p, 3/20/24
In reply to Jim01
Jim01 said:

I saw AIC open for GNR a few months back. I liked the lead singer. I felt like he sounded enough like Layne to pull it off, but also sounded unique enough to not sound like a cover artists. Either way the dude can BELT!

William has amazing pipes. I saw them play Right Turn for the first time ever and he even pulled off the Chris Cornell part at the end. I've met him a couple times too. Super nice guy.
Desert Power
4:37p, 3/20/24
Going to see Hans Zimmer live concert in September. Pretty pumped
Trajan88
5:10p, 3/20/24
Seeing 'Low Cut Connie' at the Kessler in April.

During working from home ... got hooked on this Philadelphia-area band when streaming WMMR radio.

jorgerr96
3:15p, 3/26/24

ELO at Moody Center in Austin didn't sell out like people thought and is doing almost the same sales as Peter Gabriel so I'm going to wait for the inevitable big discount on tickets the week of the show.
WES2006AG
3:21p, 3/26/24
In reply to jorgerr96
Taking a similar stance for the Toyota Center show. I'd like to see ELO but not at $133 to sit upstairs.
maroon barchetta
8:33a, 4/1/24

62strat
10:32a, 4/1/24
My little hometown of Parker, colorado starting to get some random metal acts this year;
Flaw
Texas hippie coalition
Saliva/drowning pool
Powerman 5000

https://tickets.holdmyticket.com/location/wild-goose-saloon-parker

Interesting.
StinkyPinky
10:53a, 4/1/24
In reply to 62strat
62strat said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I have mixed feelings about the current singer for STP. It annoys me that he's basically a Weiland imitator but his voice sounds good and the band still sounds amazing. I've seen them a few times with this guy. I prefer the AIC approach where the singer is his own man and not a tribute band kinda guy.
I think William sounds really close to Layne!

But I never saw Layne so I don't know if William is copying his stage presence or whathave you.

Does the new STP guy act like Weiland on stage? That would be pretty lame and very tribute-ish. They've released music with him, so he should def. be his own person.
Definitely isn't a copy of Layne and his performance. I saw them a number of years ago with William and went into it expecting to be disappointed and was happily surprised. The songs do not suffer from not having Layne, sound similar enough yet isn't a copy cat sound. Kind of the best of both worlds. I'd suggest AIC had a very small chance and was a difficult proposition replacing Layne, but they pulled it off successfully.
tk for tu juan
11:42p, 4/2/24
https://beat-tour.com/

62strat
12:03a, 4/3/24
Sublime (with Nowell's kid) playing a show. Gotta be better than Rome.

In Denver July 27.
TXAG 05
6:16a, 4/3/24
I saw Sublime with Rome a couple years ago, the music was good, but it was basically a Sublime tribute band. With Jakob joining with the other original guys, it's as close to the real Sublime as we are going to get.
mm98
6:20a, 4/3/24
Not music but going to see Andrew Schulz ) in sugar land this Friday.
Sq1dvm
6:18p, 4/3/24
Anyone going to Punk in Drublic in FW this weekend?
jorgerr96
7:23p, 4/3/24
In reply to TXAG 05
i saw them in 2020 and thought Rome sucked
Ronnie Woodard
8:02a, 4/4/24
Steve Vai and Joe Satriani were great last night. Vai played for about an hour, Satriani for about 1:20 before they finished with a three song set together.

maroon barchetta
8:06a, 4/4/24
In reply to Ronnie Woodard
Very cool
G.I.Bro
10:48a, 4/6/24
Got tickets for Heart/Cheap Trick for this fall
Goldie Wilson
11:31a, 4/6/24
Orville Peck just announced a new tour. I don't love his new song with Willie that released yesterday, but his Bronco album is one of my favorites. Really looking forward to this
Echoes97
12:02p, 4/6/24
Saw the Black Crowes last night at 713 w Digging Tunnels, what a show. They still got it, and the new songs rocked. Had a blast. It's never perfect, but that's part of the appeal for me, they are a true rock and roll band, warts and all. Highlights were the Southern Harmony songs, esp "Thorn In My Pride". Also, Rich Robinson has what you might call a bit of an amp problem (or it's just amazing).
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Know Your Enemy
1:25p, 4/6/24
In reply to Echoes97
I'm going tonight. I'm about 5 rows back I think on Rich's side. Unfortunately it won't touch the Crowes shows from the 90's and 00's but this is way better than no Crowes.
digging tunnels
1:59p, 4/6/24
Badass show. Badass setlist

Always a great time with my boy, Echoes

Know Your Enemy
2:15p, 4/6/24
In reply to digging tunnels
Always love getting a set list. Well done! How was the merch? Did they have a poster?
Philo B 93
3:40p, 4/6/24
In reply to Echoes97
Echoes97 said:

Saw the Black Crowes last night at 713 w Digging Tunnels, what a show. They still got it, and the new songs rocked. Had a blast. It's never perfect, but that's part of the appeal for me, they are a true rock and roll band, warts and all. Highlights were the Southern Harmony songs, esp "Thorn In My Pride". Also, Rich Robinson has what you might call a bit of an amp problem (or it's just amazing).

What warts did you see? I was there and I thought it was great. Rich's guitar was too low in a few spots, but the other guy was the better lead player anyway. If they were better in the 90s and 00s, then I missed out. It felt like a near perfect 90 minutes to me.
Aggie Therapist
3:47p, 4/6/24
Yeah but you don't like any bands without their original members.

Like when you go off on your Pantera rant.
Know Your Enemy
4:16p, 4/6/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

Yeah but you don't like any bands without their original members.

Like when you go off on your Pantera rant.

Oh I definitely prefer the Crowes lineup with Gorman/Ford//Colt/Harsch to this but it's better than nothing. And you still have the two guys who wrote all the songs. It's not Chris touring as The Black Crowes without Rich. But nice try.
62strat
6:25p, 4/6/24

https://beat-tour.com/?fbclid=IwAR198e9KSPzloiT1TcbGBBOk8GpiTtIVW6bR4TgklNvgAYvoh-3ls9dmLTM_aem_AYtsIgAS80Bg8td1qipFlWhMek4BFPPus9wPpccUS2widPyyko282CGd0wsND9jXRS4

digging tunnels
6:54p, 4/6/24
Know Your Enemy said:

Always love getting a set list. Well done! How was the merch? Did they have a poster?

My wife has an uncanny ability to get setlists. We have a Metallica and 2 Foo Fighters setlists as well, among many others

I didn't really look. I didn't like the shirts that I saw, except for one, but wasn't going to spend $55 for it. So I didn't go to the table
maroon barchetta
6:55p, 4/6/24
In reply to 62strat
I've heard about King Crimson for ages. I think the first time was when John Wetton was singing lead and playing bass for Asia.

Yet I don't know any of their music.
62strat
7:34p, 4/6/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

I've heard about King Crimson for ages. I think the first time was when John Wetton was singing lead and playing bass for Asia.

same here
Know the name through other artists like tool, but don't think I've ever heard anything.
StinkyPinky
7:38p, 4/6/24
In reply to 62strat
62strat said:

maroon barchetta said:

same here
Know the name through other artists like tool, but don't think I've ever heard anything.
Yea, Danny and Adam both reference being huge King Crimson fans. I've listened to a bit of them but not something I love.
Know Your Enemy
7:53p, 4/6/24
In reply to digging tunnels
They just have one generic tour poster. I may grab one on the way out but I'm sure they don't have tubes and I don't want to carry it around all night.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 51 of 57
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings