*** The Concert Thread ***

158,069 Views | 1969 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duckhook
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Are we sure that second market Foo Fighters tickets will work? Ticketsmaster has a note that tickets are mobile and restricted rom transfer.

I would love to go, but don't want to show up and get turned away.
I bought on Vivid Seats yesterday and already received the ticket through email transfer. Glad I bought when I did because they have been steadily increasing in price since.
62strat
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Are we sure that second market Foo Fighters tickets will work? Ticketsmaster has a note that tickets are mobile and restricted rom transfer.

I feel like nearly every high profile show is advertised like this, but Rarely is it actually true.

For example metallica s&m 2 was advertised all over that they are strictly non transferable, even said unless the person goes in with your phone only the buyer can enter.

I transferred 1 of my 2 to someone here on texags the day of the show.
maroon barchetta
62strat said:

mrsbeer05 said:

I feel like nearly every high profile show is advertised like this, but Rarely is it actually true.

For example metallica s&m 2 was advertised all over that they are strictly non transferable, even said unless the person goes in with your phone only the buyer can enter.

I transferred 1 of my 2 to someone here on texags the day of the show.

He's still outside waiting to get in.
jwall09
I scored two with the FF presale but haven't received the actual tickets yet. It shows up in the "my events" section of Ticketmaster with a countdown to when the tickets will be available. The "transfer tickets" option is grayed out. Maybe the general public on sale were different? I recall seeing something about tickets not being available until 72 hours prior to the show. Just what I'm seeing on my end.
jorgerr96
Got in line for Arctic Monkeys at 620 am. Number 18, kinda wish I had gotten here earlier but still get barricade, will try to get as close to center as possible.

Camping at Moody is great cause their wifi works outside, its fast and there are power outlets on too, makes it easy to WFH or WFQ (work from queue).

Wish I was sleeping as well but got a few more hours of work to do :/

62strat
AG
really? 12 hours in line to get up close to arctic monkeys? Maybe I'm naive, but are they that big of a band?

I mean, to put it in perspective, I got rail at metallica and I showed up when the doors opened at 3pm. No waiting in line at all.
jorgerr96

I think bands with younger fanbases (college, high school) get way more campers cause they don't have much to lose, but even then for The Killers and Muse, who are maybe a decade older, lines still start at like the 5 AM mark

620 am day of for AM is light to be honest, for bands like The 1975 and Paramore you gotta be there the day before and spend the whole night

I do agree, for Metallica you don't really need to put an effort for rail unless its a special show like MTF or the Hollywood Florida shows like the Kill Em All set from last year...i think at this point most people at Metallica rail have already been on it multiple times to the point its just whatever to them, but I do still see the same people riding the rail these last couple of shows lol
62strat
AG
Interesting, makes sense I guess. Us middle aged dudes aren't putting in that kind of effort to get what amounts to maybe a few feet closer.

I've showed up to shows at the mission ballroom (opeth, collective soul to name a few) after the openers are done playing and still manage to get up maybe 10' from front center stage.

I'm curious to see how Sleep Token is.. they seem like a band that half of the crowd will be camping out front to get rail. They are a part of that indie/moody/emo thing which seems to be a commonality between all the bands you mentioned.
jorgerr96

I feel anything that has a TikTok fanbase will have campers. I find it ridiculous sometimes.
I listen to a lot of these bands like Metallica, Maiden, and you are right we don't need to show up so early, like an hour is fine. But for other artists I listen that are smaller like Clairo or Inhaler, nowadays it's nuts. Last time Inhaler played at Emo's the front people got there at 5 am ... for Inhaler lol. I just got there at 4 and went to the other side and met the guys and got them to sign my records before their soundcheck lol
cajunaggie08
AG
62strat said:

really? 12 hours in line to get up close to arctic monkeys? Maybe I'm naive, but are they that big of a band?

I mean, to put it in perspective, I got rail at metallica and I showed up when the doors opened at 3pm. No waiting in line at all.
I can see Arctic Monkeys having a bigger following in Austin but there not being a need to campout for a spot for a show in Houston.
Counterpoint
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Maybe I'll need to go all jorger and make a trip.

In honor of jorger's dedication, "to go all jorger" needs to be a phrase said at all concerts.
jetch17
AG
62strat said:

Holy piss, my thoughts exactly - although I'll make rail or close being 6'4" as I please whenever I get in
jetch17
AG
I have zero sh*t to talk compared to jorgerrs effort & repertoire of going to shows though - Lordy
AggieLitigator
Seeing Tenacious D tonight
maroon barchetta
jetch17 said:

I have zero sh*t to talk compared to jorgerrs effort & repertoire of going to shows though - Lordy

jorgerr lives the life I would live if I won the Powerball.
rhutton125
AG
Please report back after!
62strat
AG
A band I got into pretty heavily since album 1. Can't believe their first American tour is at the end of album 3 run!

Jim01
AG
They played White Oak lawn this week while Matt & Kim played inside at the same time which is pretty nuts. Two dynamic duos.

Matt and Kim put in one of the funnest shows out there. Seen them the last two times they came through so skipped this one.
gordo97
AG
I can't post a pic but I have a screen shot of seated tickets for FF in Houston on stubhub….. one listing for $7279 each… then one at $18,900 each… then one at $41,272 each
62strat
AG
AggieLitigator
rhutton125 said:

Please report back after!

It was a fantastic show. Jack Black is just insanely funny. I'm a big Tenacious D fan but wife is not. She is after tonight. They killed it. They put on a great show and Jack Black goes all out.
rhutton125
AG
That's awesome. I saw them at a festival about 10 years ago, and probably would have gone again in Dallas if it hadn't been the worst possible timing. Maybe next time!
mrsbeer05
AG
The Wilder Blue last night at The Heights Theater. Their harmonies never disappoint.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saw PJ last night. Good show but not the unicorn-ish show that Wednesday was. Of course, i was not expecting that either. Nothing from Vs., one from Vitalogy.
AggieLitigator
Bought wife and her friend tickets to Blink 182, Green Day, offspring etc
cc10106
Jim01 said:

Reading all this just pisses me off more for them not having a Houston stop. I couldn't swing the trip to Austin or Dallas.

They haven't played here in 20 years. For whatever reason(s) I doubt they ever will again.
Know Your Enemy
AG
cc10106 said:

Jim01 said:

Reading all this just pisses me off more for them not having a Houston stop. I couldn't swing the trip to Austin or Dallas.

They haven't played here in 20 years. For whatever reason(s) I doubt they ever will again.

This is the first time they ever played FTW. They last played Dallas in 2013 and I believe the show prior to that was 2003. It's not like they're frequenting the Metroplex either.
rhutton125
AG
I'm making plans for 2033
62strat
AG
Fun fact, Pearl Jam played more shows in Texas in 1991-1993 then they have since then.

That will change after the sept 19 show in Austin however.

McNasty
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Saw PJ last night. Good show but not the unicorn-ish show that Wednesday was. Of course, i was not expecting that either. Nothing from Vs., one from Vitalogy.
Agreed. First 90 minutes seemed like a mix of newer material / deep cuts. Should have realized that with two nights they wouldn't repeat many of my favorites on night 2. Still a great show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. After hearing about Wednesday, the setlist we got Friday is basically what I would have bet on getting. Especially with Cameron being back. I think last time Klinghoffer filled in due to Cameron having covid (May 2022), the setlist was similar to Wednesday. Still a helluva show
johnnyblaze36
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Seeing Tenacious D tonight
I've only seen them once and it was 2000 I think at Waterloo in Austin opening for String Cheese Incident. Jack Black came out with them for the encore and sung Rush's "Tom Sawyer" and it was absolutely electric.
johnnyblaze36
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Went Wednesday and Friday. The Wednesday show setlist was impossible to top but I actually had more fun on Friday. Much of it to do with just a better spot. There were a few lulls in that show but also some real gems.

That was my first time going to Dickie's and that venue is absolutely phenomenal. Can't wait for Moody tomorrow and Tuesday.

If anybody is still looking to go, keep checking TM. I've been able to upgrade to $161 prime seats to both Austin shows just last night. Did the same for Friday Dallas.

If you remotely like Pearl Jam, love them, or have never even gone to one of their concerts, I can safely say they are not to be missed. Those Ft Worth shows blew OKC last year out of the water by 10,000 miles and the band is on fire.
jorgerr96

Good score this afternoon from Sting. Can't wait for the show tonight!!
Pedro Cerano
AG
I'm looking at upgrading for Austin N2 as well. Does anybody know how the tickets being sold on SeatGeek work? There's a ton of seats. How does that work with Ticketmaster's "non-tranfersble" tickets?
Straight ball, I hit very much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.