*** The Concert Thread ***

157,141 Views | 1969 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Duckhook
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Foo at 713 should be nuts. I didn't get a presale email so will be trying my luck Thursday. Not even that huge a fan but can't pass up a band at that level at that size venue.

How much were tickets for those that got them already?
jwall09
Two GA Floor Tix were $377 with fees. Face was $159.50 each.
Know Your Enemy
AG
PJ tonight & Friday. Haven't seen them since the 2016 Let's Play Two shows at Wrigley.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Upcoming guitar shows

9/16 Clapton
10/28 Joe Bonamassa
11/2 Polyphia
11/17 Marcus King

Feels like I'm forgetting one...
Philo B 93
Ducks4brkfast said:

Upcoming guitar shows

9/16 Clapton
10/28 Joe Bonamassa
11/2 Polyphia
11/17 Marcus King

Feels like I'm forgetting one...

I'll be curious to hear about Clapton. I saw him 2 years ago. Let's compare notes after you see him.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Pearl Jam ****ing killed it tonight. No Matt Cameron who is out with COVID and Eddie was getting over the regular flu but he sounded great when he sang. When he was talking you could hear it in his voice that he was still getting over the flu. Josh Klinghoffer filled in on drums. Hopefully Matt will be good to go on Friday.
kubiak03
AG
PJ was so on point tonight. Great set list and crowd interaction

Played crazy mary and indifference. Wish I could see them again Friday or in austin
rhutton125
AG
No songs newer than 1998 on that set list, but still some surprises like All Those Yesterdays and Satan's Bed.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
My buddy had to buy floor GA on StubHub and paid $560 for the pair all in.
maroon barchetta
Whos Juan
AG
rhutton125 said:

No songs newer than 1998 on that set list, but still some surprises like All Those Yesterdays and Satan's Bed.
Mind Your Manners was randomly in there, but otherwise that was a pleasant surprise.

Plus Aaron Rodgers was in attendance!
Jim01
AG
Why did he do that? General sales don't start until today. Why not wait and try his luck then pay the extra $ if needed? Maybe he has extra cash and just loves Foo.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The mirror jacket & helmet was a nice touch.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'm just a man on a group text, brother. No clue.
Jim01
AG
Looks like it was wise. Went from 0 seconds until presale, to spinning on "Tickets Are About To Become Available" for 5 minutes, to sold out, to now I'm 5539 in the queue.
WES2006AG
AG
I am 5,000 in line. This ain't happening.
Jim01
AG
Yeah I guess the only possibility is there are single tickets left in the seating section that people might not want?
Buford Tannen
AG
Was there too - so good, so electric. On point was exactly how I described it. My buddy is a PJ nut and has been to over 20 shows - he said last night is in his top 5 ever. Mike's Black solo was just ridiculous.
rhutton125
AG
Whos Juan said:

rhutton125 said:

Mind Your Manners was randomly in there, but otherwise that was a pleasant surprise.

Came here to correct myself, just remembered that.
Whos Juan
AG
Buford Tannen said:

Was there too - so good, so electric. On point was exactly how I described it. My buddy is a PJ nut and has been to over 20 shows - he said last night is in his top 5 ever. Mike's Black solo was just ridiculous.
Yeah my seats weren't great, but that setlist took me back to the first time I saw them in '98 (the Dennis Rodman show).

I've probably seen them 12 times and this was a top 3.

Josh Klinghoffer also held his own on drums.
Buford Tannen
AG
That's what we all said - that setlist took us back to the 90s. I was very, very happy. Josh killed it. I love Vitalogy so Satan's Bed was a fun surprise.
WES2006AG
AG
Prices for Foo are rising fast on secondary.
Jim01
AG
Once I got to the front it told me "Something about your browser made us think you're a bot" despite using the app and being logged in. I refreshed and after some tries got in and it showed floor but every time I tried to add I got the "Someone else grabbed your tickets" message. After that I kept refreshing and saw GA for 200 and 300 at separate times but again wouldn't go through to cart.

Oh well, worth the try.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Pedro Cerano
AG
It was Eddie's "flu game". The band was extra dialed in and brought it for 27 songs. McCready was the MVP!
Straight ball, I hit very much.
cc10106
kubiak03 said:

Played crazy mary and indifference. Wish I could see them again Friday or in austin
I've seen em 10+ times and never got Indifference that I can remember. Jealous.
Know Your Enemy
AG
cc10106 said:

kubiak03 said:

I've seen em 10+ times and never got Indifference that I can remember. Jealous.

Last night was #4 for me and I've heard Indifference twice now. Lol.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Saw this posted on the PJ forum:

"I've seen this band over 100x. Believe me when I tell you this. This was THE BEST SHOW THEY HAVE PUT ON IN 10 YEARS.

It was absolutely phenomenal. The setlist was by far one of the best ones ive ever been a part of. You could tell Stone was loving it.

They loved having josh back their on the drums for a night. Do yourself a favor and get the bootleg. This is the show of the tour.

Ed also mentioned after black that it was the best solo from mike he has probably ever heard."
Jim01
AG
Reading all this just pisses me off more for them not having a Houston stop. I couldn't swing the trip to Austin or Dallas.
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat
AG
hearing people like this 100x times guy saying this is the best setlist.. blah blah blah, that is so subjective.

My dream setlist would be ten front to back with some other early 90s hits. Everyone on here would want something else.

fatagg
AG
I was at the show in FW last night and it was incredible. How do I go about getting the bootleg?
JYDog90
AG
fatagg said:

I was at the show in FW last night and it was incredible. How do I go about getting the bootleg?

Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

hearing people like this 100x times guy saying this is the best setlist.. blah blah blah, that is so subjective.

My dream setlist would be ten front to back with some other early 90s hits. Everyone on here would want something else.

Yeah he was stoked about the setlist, as was I, but the biggest part of it was the performance. You could tell it was a special night even for them.
mrsbeer05
AG
Are we sure that second market Foo Fighters tickets will work? Ticketsmaster has a note that tickets are mobile and restricted rom transfer.

I would love to go, but don't want to show up and get turned away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.