***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,285 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Added you. If anyone else wants to play tonight, I'm down to get a group together.
jeffk
AG
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead?utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-tw-swbf-roadahead-1262016-tw-img-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-tw-swbf-roadahead-1262016-tw-img-site-sust&cid=52215&ts=1453828822216&sf44079216=1

New DLC details. Pretty underwhelming.
LeftyHound
AG
Yeah, I definitely wasted money on this one. Haven't even thought of playing it lately. It was fun and neat to play in the Star Wars world, but the gameplay and maps are underwhelming.
jeffk
AG
Glad I didn't buy the season pass.

Sounds like it'll just be one new map and some player skins from here on out.
CSeriously
AG
Although it sounds like interest in the game is fading - just gave my son an XBox One for birthday and this game for me.

Add CSeriously to the gamertag list.

Thanks
AgMarauder04
AG
How this game could come out without a GOOD single player option via modes or campaign is beyond me
jeffk
AG
quote:
How this game could come out without a GOOD single player option via modes or campaign is beyond me

And no split screen.
Pman17
AG
jeffk
AG
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/25232/star-wars-battlefront-january-update-ps4-pc-x1?sf44086618=1

Nerfed explosive shot finally.
AgMarauder04
AG
So, homing shot is worthless and special cards take WAY longer? Torpedo and grenades? Awesome.
GigEmAgs14
AG
how do people still play this game?
very disappointed in this game...lasted maybe a month for my friends and I
jeffk
AG
It's still fun, but it feels like an unfinished product and the DLC offerings are very underwhelming.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
It's still fun, but it feels like an unfinished product and the DLC offerings are very underwhelming.
yes it is very "basic" feeling and has no incentives for getting higher in rank IMO
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
My son and I still enjoy it, but I'm not a fan of the weapons tweaks. Homing shot went from a favorite to worthless overnight. I like the idea of these DLC's but it seems too little too late. The game should've been more complete upon release.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
My son and I still enjoy it, but I'm not a fan of the weapons tweaks. Homing shot went from a favorite to worthless overnight. I like the idea of these DLC's but it seems too little too late. The game should've been more complete upon release.
They just need to campaign like CoD does for their content...whole videos with the developers discussing their levels. I'm still having fun though...
AliasMan02
AG
I'm playing a bit, tag is AliasMan02. While I still suck, I do like the casual nature. In a game where leveling up means you get progressively more powerful, I'm out because I'll never be ahead of that curve. There is an element of randomness to Battlefront that gives me a fighting chance.

Anybody have a rec on a gaming headset? Is it worth getting stereo headphones or should I just use my chat headset?

jr15aggie
AG
First of all, I still play this (The Aggie), but my kids also plays so it's not always me. Stupid Dice/EA finds it appropriate to lock out minors from the game so they have to use my profile to play.... a game that is 95% online and EA decides to lock out kids... it's STAR WARS!!! Morons!

Anyhow... it's pretty funny because my son (he's 5) loves to play this game and he's actually very good. Definitely racks up the kills to go along with his deaths! But his lack of strategy is a real bummer for his team. Ever play the game and wonder, "who is the 5 year old stealing all the best power-ups and not strategically knowing how to use them"... yep, that's my son! I coach him up at times because, after all, he's literally giving me a bad name when he plays bad. But what can you say when your son is Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett and this tiny warrior fearlessly runs straight towards 10 enemies and brings the pain!
Phat32
AG
AliasMan02 - just get the Stereo Headset from Microsoft. It comes with the adapter for your controller, and the headset is fine for casual gaming.
txagman1998
AG
FYI - February patch dropped today. A very nice update including:

Additional Hoth map added for most scenarios
Supremacy/Walker Assault maps added to Turning Point
New Leia skin for Endor
A-Wing hit box expanded
Minor tweaks to some Star Cards
Walker health slightly buffed in most Walker Assault maps

The new Hoth map is pretty cool. In Walker Assault, the game is played at night in a snowstorm.
AliasMan02
AG
Hoping that playing coop with others will reinvigorate this game for me, so I sent friend invites to everyone.
Oknows
AG
Anyone know if there is still a way to download the Jakku maps?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Anyone know if there is still a way to download the Jakku maps?

I think it's a default part of the game now.
Oknows
AG
So when you select "choose map" it should show Jakku as an option? Mine definitely does not, and the panel at the bottom of the home screen that allowed you to download it is no longer there.
Agmaniacmike12
I believe Jakku was included in the latest patch so that everyone will have access to it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.