***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,328 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I may have found my niche in fighter squadron. I usually finish top 3 regardless of the side or lobby I'm in =)
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I was in a game with you last night. I only got 10 AI kills over 3 rounds. Still learning I guess, but I really suck.

Anybody buying the season pass. I'll get the Jakku DLC for free next week, but curious if y'all are getting the rest. $45 seems pretty steep and just pisses me off a bit. Seems like they sold half a game, and are selling the other half later on.
jr15aggie
AG
So I've had the "get 25 targeting riffle kills" challenge since day 1... of course you can't get that gun till like level 20 something so that sucks. The game apparently felt it appropriate to give me the "get 75 targeting riffle kills" and stick it right beside it. WTF Mate!!!???!!!

I finally unlocked the gun and man does it suck. It has a good zoom and high range/damage, but the shots are super slow so you have to lead your target if you have any shot of actually hitting them. It's a worthless gun but I feel obligated to get the challenges, because screw EA, that's why! I'm slowly getting it done and my K/D ratio has fallen! Lame.
fooz
quote:
I may have found my niche in fighter squadron. I usually finish top 3 regardless of the side or lobby I'm in =)

Still trying to get the hang of this on PC. I may hook up my xbox-like controller and see if it helps.

2.26 k/d ratio on combat maps though.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
When no one else is online I've been playing this to level up.

It is ridiculously easy and I'm not sure why. Especially if you pick up a hero.
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
So I've had the "get 25 targeting riffle kills" challenge since day 1... of course you can't get that gun till like level 20 something so that sucks. The game apparently felt it appropriate to give me the "get 75 targeting riffle kills" and stick it right beside it. WTF Mate!!!???!!!

I finally unlocked the gun and man does it suck. It has a good zoom and high range/damage, but the shots are super slow so you have to lead your target if you have any shot of actually hitting them. It's a worthless gun but I feel obligated to get the challenges, because screw EA, that's why! I'm slowly getting it done and my K/D ratio has fallen! Lame.
Can't you use some of your points to grab a different challenge?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
It's 500 points for a new challenge.
Phat32
AG
quote:
quote:
When no one else is online I've been playing this to level up.

It is ridiculously easy and I'm not sure why. Especially if you pick up a hero.
Probably bc most of the targets are not people.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
There's 10 AI and 10 live on each side. I've only gotten a few kills on live players. The AI are pretty easy to kill usually. You only get one point for AI kills too.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I was in a game with you last night. I only got 10 AI kills over 3 rounds. Still learning I guess, but I really suck.

Anybody buying the season pass. I'll get the Jakku DLC for free next week, but curious if y'all are getting the rest. $45 seems pretty steep and just pisses me off a bit. Seems like they sold half a game, and are selling the other half later on.
I thought Jakku dropped today?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Can't you use some of your points to grab a different challenge?
I totally can... but I refuse out of stubbornness.

It's like Michael Bolton in office space when somebody said 'why don't you change your name'... "why should I, he's the one that sucks!" Same thing here... why should I spend 500 points when it's the stupid coder that was responsible for the challenges that sucks!!!!!
Pilmer
AG
I bought the season pass, because I got the game for free. Fighter Squadron is annoying because the A-Wing is overpowered against all other aircraft.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
quote:

I thought Jakku dropped today?

Only if you pre-ordered. My parents bought him the disc after it came out so he will get it next week.
Here's another question. Do y'all but discs or just download? I really prefer to just download but that makes it hard to gift a game. I tell them to give a gift card but they want to have something physical. I'd rather not have something to lose, scratch, or have to get off my ass to play something else.
Wrec86 Ag
Ok- I gave in. Fair Warning- no idea how good I will be.

Game tag: SchruteFarmer

I'll be on all night tomorrow (Wednesday)
GoneForGood
Played one round on Jakku with the new match type. The new match type seemed like fun, but Jakku was very detailed with random ship parts laying everywhere making it Greta to find cover and hide. I'll post my thought after a few more matches on the new map.
GoneForGood
One thing I've noticed is that people either love or hate this game. There are no luke warm people.
thaed137
AG
Played a lot of Squadron last night. Was consistently 1st or 2nd with worst game being 4th. One game I was Boba Fett and killed 10 humans and 15 computers. I don't understand how people can be in the game for an entire round and be like 2 computer kills and 15 deaths but I suck at other stuff so probably can't judge. Definitely my favorite game type but kind of sucks that there is zero customization to anything. Even slight cosmetic changes to the aircraft would be nice.
jeffk
AG
quote:
One thing I've noticed is that people either love or hate this game. There are no luke warm people.

Lots of Leia warm people though.
3rdGen2015
AG
So I was playing last night (on PC) for the first time since the patch, does anybody know if they nerfed the impact grenade? It seemed like I would throw it right at somebody's feet and wouldn't get a kill from it.
Pilmer
AG
quote:
quote:

Lots of Leia warm people though.
Sexist.
Kampfers
AG
I got the heavy blaster last night, it was pretty phenomenal. Absolutely tears people up.

I think the most disappointing thing about this game is the absolutely horrid party/squad system and the lack of general team chat. I've more or less come to terms with the limited number of maps.

Actually, scratch that, the respawning system is the worst part about the game.

Still, I do enjoy it. It's a lot more in terms of casual fun than most shooters today. Not a lot of investment required. I suppose that's what some people like to complain about but not everything needs to be incredibly hardcore and require 1,000 hours to unlock.
Sentinel
AG
quote:

Seconded. This is my only big issue with the game.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
What's wrong with the respawning system? I don't like that it sometimes spawns me WAY far away from where I was or even from where most of the action is. Is that what y'all don't like? SOrry, this is the first game like this I've really played much of.
fooz
quote:
quote:

Seconded. This is my only big issue with the game.

Unless you've flanked the enemies spawn point, then it's awesome!
Sentinel
AG
That's a small part of the problem. It also has a habit of spawning you literally right in front of the opposing team. It also kinda sucks when you get an X-Wing power up and get immediately spawn killed.

No game has perfect spawning. It's just one of the things that stuck out to me.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Spawning right in front of the other team has only happened once or twice with me.
Pilmer
AG
The aircraft spawning is horrible
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Agreed. That's one reason I don't play that mode much. It takes forever to get back to the action.
Aggietaco
AG
Don't die so much.
GoneForGood
I like the fact that it takes me a while to get back into the action. Let's me see what's going on, who's an AI and who's a player. This let's me decide my plan of attack
Pilmer
AG
I was referring to the spawn from the power up. I feel like you get knocked out of the sky instantly by aircraft already in the air.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
Don't die so much.

Hey. Just got 7 kills in supremacy. My best round. Progress!
jeffk
AG
Played some on Jakku last night - fun map, Turning Point is a neat game with a little more strategy than some. On a good team and we went undefeated in my time. Lots of cover, some good hiding spots. Not sure if the new map and game mode is worth what they're going to be charging for DLC packages though. Hopefully there's more to it for the price.

I've been using the little five shot burst blaster pistol and am really liking it. Can get one burst kills from close range and usually damage/kill from distance.

Funny story from our last match of Turning Point last night - we were defending the last point with about 90 seconds left in the game. Enemies swarming all over us making a last push to the objective. I get the At-ST power up and spawn in perpendicular to the avenue most of the enemy is using to attack the point, so I just sprinted down the open path and roadkilled probably seven or eight attackers. Made a u-turn and picked off another three or four before I got killed tight as the match ended and we won.

Those points helped me get PROMOTED! to level 15.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Played some on Jakku last night - fun map, Turning Point is a neat game with a little more strategy than some. On a good team and we went undefeated in my time. Lots of cover, some good hiding spots. Not sure if the new map and game mode is worth what they're going to be charging for DLC packages though. Hopefully there's more to it for the price.

I've been using the little five shot burst blaster pistol and am really liking it. Can get one burst kills from close range and usually damage/kill from distance.

Funny story from our last match of Turning Point last night - we were defending the last point with about 90 seconds left in the game. Enemies swarming all over us making a last push to the objective. I get the At-ST power up and spawn in perpendicular to the avenue most of the enemy is using to attack the point, so I just sprinted down the open path and roadkilled probably seven or eight attackers. Made a u-turn and picked off another three or four before I got killed tight as the match ended and we won.

Those points helped me get PROMOTED! to level 15.
Now get the Scout trait!
MandoArms
Anyone playing tonight? Would like to party up and actually win a match for once.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.