***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,314 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aight, count me in.

Keester11
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Fighter Squadron is fun. I just wish that dog fights were more than me and the enemy pilot flying in circles around each other lol

Yeah. While fun, it is so chaotic that it's hard to often get a good bead on what is actually going on.

I'll be playing a few rounds tonight if anyone wants to party up.
Kampfers
AG
Scott you rat ******* you killed me three times that game. I could never find you but I got a lot of your damn teammates.
GoneForGood
I'm not gonna party up till I can play unlimited hours as I know how I'll get and burn through half of my ten hours in one night lol
Agmaniacmike12
Count me in Ags! Looking forward to the Battlefield reunion.

Agmaniacmike
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Agmaniacmike

Is the band getting back together!?!
Aggietaco
AG
Whatever happened to Brad?
jeffk
AG
He's still online from time to time. Not sure if he ever upgraded to XB1.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI, I'm pretty sure I read that we will have to party chat to communicate in this game. There is no built in squad chat or anything.

Another thing per the beta, you don't spawn on your squad, but you instead choose one partner and you guys spawn on each other. Was important, like in Battlefield, for one person to be alive near objectives at all times so you aren't forced to spawn away from the action.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
I'll be picking this up! Add me to the list XBL: oilfieldAGGIE11

I'm also on for halo 5 if you play that and want to add me
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:

Agmaniacmike

Is the band getting back together!?!
I would say yes!
Agmaniacmike12
Brad has an Xbox One and I'm fairly certain he will be getting Battlefront. He's married now, so just like with all of you, time and money is a lot harder to come by.
GoneForGood
quote:
Brad has an Xbox One and I'm fairly certain he will be getting Battlefront. He's married now, so just like with all of you, time and money is a lot harder to come by.

Time is more difficult to come by than money lol
jeffk
AG
I know that feel.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Game worth the purchase ?
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Game worth the purchase ?
Hasn't come out to the "public" yet. It is available on EA Access currently, if you have a membership.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm waiting on this until it drops to less than $40. Lack of campaign and lack of space battles are big problems for me.
Kampfers
AG
It's fun. I love the more arcadey feel. I would have been disappointed if it was a clone of bf4. This is more of a spiritual successor to the originals and I loved those.

That said I'm hesitant to buy at launch/full price as well.

There is a variety of maps... But the major game types only have 4. Seems like a significant lack of content there.
jr15aggie
AG
I hear you on the value question, but don't forget the Jakku DLC is free and is releasing in less than a month (right before the movie).

For me it's not about value anymore. It's about the question "is this fun". I'm usually trading In games so it's rare I pay full price, but even then, I payed $50 or $60 for Mario 3 on the NES like what, almost 30 years ago. Co-op with my 5 year old son who loves Star Wars will be worth it alone for me.

I will be curious to see how long people stick with this game. On one hand it isn't as deep as Battlefield... But on the other I think it will be refreshing to have a simpler, less brain taking game.
GoneForGood
It is definitely fun. I used best buy rewards certificates along with my gamers club membership and spent literally $8 on this game for the deluxe edition.
wee_ag
AG
Getting some more info on what's included in the $50 season pass.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/14/star-wars-battlefront-season-pass/

• Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
  • Four more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
  • 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
  • Four exciting new game modes
  • Two-week early access to each expansion pack
  • Exclusive "Shoot First" emote
GoneForGood
Ugh only 5 hours left to last me until Tuesday
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Is the EA early access timed? I guess that's good so all you jerks aren't "level 50" the day I start playing.
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:
Is the EA early access timed? I guess that's good so all you jerks aren't "level 50" the day I start playing.

Yes, you only get 10 hours of play time before you have to buy it either digitally or hard copy.
GoneForGood
Also the game mode "Supremecy" (sp?) is a lot of fun and let's you come back to win even if you're down 4-1. But the flip side is I've had matches end within 5 minutes because the opposition had no idea what to do.

Wife and I just finished a survival mission and it was fun, although on normal a bit easy for me. I had to keep the difficulty down for the wife who has never played a first person shooter before.
Madmarttigan
AG
In

madmarttigan
thaed137
AG
After playing for a while I'm just not as excited for this game as I had hoped. I will most likely still get it but I think they went too far to the arcade style of play. I really don't like the power-ups randomly dropped across the map. I could maybe understand them around a drop pod or something but a rocket launcher isn't just sitting in the open randomly. It takes away from a real feeling for the game. The fighting is also so run and gun and throw grenade that it can get boring really fast. I assume they were going for the faster pace but just not a fan.

Any tips for dog fighting because I really really suck at that mode.
Aggietaco
AG
Finally pre-ordered from Amazon yesterday. Hopefully I don't regret pre-ordering from EA. Again.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Hopefully I don't regret pre-ordering from EA. Again.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Getting it tonight, excited to finally play the full game after playing the beta
GoneForGood
quote:
After playing for a while I'm just not as excited for this game as I had hoped. I will most likely still get it but I think they went too far to the arcade style of play. I really don't like the power-ups randomly dropped across the map. I could maybe understand them around a drop pod or something but a rocket launcher isn't just sitting in the open randomly. It takes away from a real feeling for the game. The fighting is also so run and gun and throw grenade that it can get boring really fast. I assume they were going for the faster pace but just not a fan.

Any tips for dog fighting because I really really suck at that mode.
Honestly just keep practicing. The slower you go, the tighter your turns will be, so that will give you an edge on turning faster to bring your opponent into your sights. The only problem is if your opponent does the same and you are stuck in an endless sloop of chasing each other lol
agfan2013
AG
quote:

This worries me, I do not doubt that this game will be fun and have its moments. But (and no offense to some of you guys in here but there are definitely a few of y'all) there are so many Star Wars fanboys that are getting this game no matter what that I know EA realizes this and know they can "mail it in" on a lot of features and options and this may not be a game that I want to keep playing after a few months. If I hand t switched consoles I'd still be plying BF4 right now. Battlefront almost seemed too arcadey from what I played of the Beta.
Simplebay
AG
In. Xboxone

polysaturate
thaed137
AG
So apparently there is a lock-on button now; press LT on XBONE to activate it. It helps direct blaster fire and missile lock on. Apparently that is the important part I was missing.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
So apparently there is a lock-on button now; press LT on XBONE to activate it. It helps direct blaster fire and missile lock on. Apparently that is the important part I was missing.
Are you talking about the "flying"? Cause yes, there is a lock-on button that you use when firing lasers and torpedoes.

One of the power ups of the rebel speeders that take down the walkers is a lock on jammer. Those things are slow and easy pickings for the tie fighters, but you can activate the jammer (especially when you are trying to take out the walkers with your tow cable) and its very hard for them to shoot you with manual aim.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.