***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,312 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
once I escape the wife perhaps we can get a big group rolling tonight, no work tonight thank god!

Last night we had 6 Ags in one group and we DOMINATED Walker assault. I mean on Hoth we had the rebels pinned almost to their spawn from the get go.
Fleff
AG
Bought deluxe, thanks. I am JeffST02 but I am terrible.
Pilmer
AG
Stick with it to level 15
GoneForGood
Agree with Pilmer. Once you hit 15 you unlock traits and the scout trait where you can run up on people without showing up on the radar is boss.
bankshot11
AG
Bought a One a few days ago just for this game, and I probably played with some of you in a party on Friday night. It's fun but also challenging since I'm only at level 10 and also suck at FPS shooters.

Favorite mode is Walker Assault, worst mode is probably Fighter Squadron which would be a lot better if there were more players and no AI fighters.

Gamertag = tbanks2011
whiteman
Never mind, think I'm done with this. Got very boring very fast. If it had Galactic Conquest like the original then I'd keep it.
GoneForGood
Madmarttigan
AG
I thought it just didn't post it.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Think my son is getting it from the grandparents over thanksgiving this week. I suck at most shooter games, but this one looks pretty cool. And I read a review that said it's easier than say a Battlefied 4 or Call of Duty type game? If so, that's good for me.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Think my son is getting it from the grandparents over thanksgiving this week. I suck at most shooter games, but this one looks pretty cool. And I read a review that said it's easier than say a Battlefied 4 or Call of Duty type game? If so, that's good for me.
It still takes some skill to be good, but it's easy enough to hop in and play. Not many weapon and setup choices so you basically boot up and start blasting.
chigger
AG
quote:

Easier? Depends. Maybe easier tactics wise (because there aren't really any), or easier in a "what do I do?" way, but not easier from a "how often will I die" standpoint.

Not that its that important of a stat, but my K/D is almost half of what my BFBC2 or BF3 one was. For example, if an AT-AT aims at you... you will die. Cover don't matter.
Joe Cole
PS4 player here, but just wanted to ask question over here

Any xboners experiencing server issues? None on ps4 and I have not heard any with xbox. Maybe Dice finally got that figured out. I wish the launch of BF4 had gone this smooth.

BF is fun, I like supremacy and how it's like a fluid game of Rush. Only issue I have noticed is spawning is major problem once you get into a Supremacy game. I just watched my 6 year old kill over 40 guys in a row sitting on top of them as Vader in the middle of the map!
MandoArms
My biggest complaints so far are if I throw a grenade while getting killed it disappears. Even if it is a power up grenade like an imploder.

Spawning is horrible. Yesterday I spawned and right after five bad guys spawned right in from of me...I didn't last long.

Other than that the game has been great. I've got to agree the weapon unlocks after Level 15 make the game much more enjoyable. I can't wait to get the flash grenade. Being on the receiving end of one of those really sucks.
GoneForGood
quote:
PS4 player here, but just wanted to ask question over here

Any xboners experiencing server issues? None on ps4 and I have not heard any with xbox. Maybe Dice finally got that figured out. I wish the launch of BF4 had gone this smooth.

BF is fun, I like supremacy and how it's like a fluid game of Rush. Only issue I have noticed is spawning is major problem once you get into a Supremacy game. I just watched my 6 year old kill over 40 guys in a row sitting on top of them as Vader in the middle of the map!
No server issues at all over of the Xbox side of things. Thank god DICE finally got it right.
fooz
Just got my scout trait and it's awesome.

Once you hit level 3 it's on!

• Level 1 - Sprinting does not show on enemy scanner.
  • Level 2 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner.
  • Level 3 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner and killing an enemy resets weapon heat
Sentinel
AG
I got kind of bored of the game during the beta. Limited game types and crappy servers. Wasn't sure I'd buy the game but I ended up doing it anyway. Kinda glad I did. The various game types are awesome and I haven't had any server issues.
jeffk
AG
I miss you guys.

WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:

• Level 2 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner.
  • Level 3 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner and killing an enemy resets weapon heat

Lvl 3 sounds pretty OP.

What are some of the other traits available after lvl. 15?
MandoArms
I went with the Survivalist Trait...because I get pretty shot up frequently...It has been a huge benefit.
fooz
quote:
quote:

Lvl 3 sounds pretty OP.

What are some of the other traits available after lvl. 15?

Bodyguard (Rank 15, 7,000 Credits)

• Level 1 - Decreases explosive damage by a small amount.
  • Level 2 - Decreases explosive damage by a medium amount.
  • Level 3 - Decreases explosive damage by a large amount and blaster damage by a small amount.

Survivalist (Rank 15, 7,000 Credits)

• Level 1 - Health regeneration starts a bit faster.
  • Level 2 - Health regeneration starts faster
  • Level 3 - Health regeneration starts much faster and replenish a small amount of health with each kill.

Bounty Hunter (Rank 26, 7,000 Credits)

• Level 1 - Low chance to get a Power-up with each kill.
  • Level 2 - Medium chance to get a power-up with each kill.
  • Level 3 - High chance to get a power-up with each kill and resets cooldown with each kill.

Sharpshooter (Rank 26, 7,000 Credits)

• Level 1 - Headshot kills reduce cooldowns by a small amount.
  • Level 2 - Headshot kill reduce current cooldowns by a medium amount.
  • Level 3 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a large amount.

GigEmAgs14
AG
Whoever joined my party last night in game (my GT is thekicker17) I will be back on tonight to jam!
Which I believe Pilmer was one of them? Not 100% sure.
htownag08
AG
I love walker assault. So much fun!
Aggietaco
AG

HTML5 version that's faster, I laughed.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Any suggestions on the best guns?
fooz
quote:
quote:
Any suggestions on the best guns?

I used RT-97C until I was able to get the EE-3. I'm looking forward to the T-21B at lvl 21.
Pilmer
AG
Yea, if I jump on, feel free to join my game or send party invite or join game in progress.
MandoArms
The EE-3 and SE-14C are my favorites. The five round burst makes for some quick kills.
Pilmer
AG
CA-87 = Shotgun

DH-17 = Run and gun pistol

DL-44 - Han Solo Pistol, very powerful, have to be accurate

E-11 - Imperial blaster, good all around

A-280C - havent used this a lot, but it seems to be similar to E-11

EE-3 - 3 round burst rifle (halo battle rifle similarity, terrible up close)

DLT-19 - weaker version of RT-97C

RT-97C = High rate of fire machine gun with a little bit of range (GREAT WEAPON)

T-21 = high damage high range rifle, horrible up close

SE-14 C = haven't purchased yet.

T-21 B = haven't unlocked it yet, but get killed by it a lot.

Impact grenades are the best grenades.

Thermal detonators are very time delayed, so you have to throw them way in advance.

Ion Torpedo - Works on air vehicles and land vehicles like a stinger. You can kill an AT-ST by yourself with one ion torpedo shot, then turning on the ION - Shot card and firing a high damage blaster (EE-3) at the AT-ST

Pulse Cannon - A one shot headshot sniper rifle that has to recharge.

If I am playing a smaller map game, I play with the RT-97C exclusively with two grenades as my cards, If I am playing a Walker Assault game on a wide open map, I switch between star card combos of (impact grenade/ion shot/ion cannon) and (pulse cannon/ion shot/ion cannon) for Rebel and (pulse cannon/scan area/impact grenade) or (impact grenade/scan area/thermal detonator) for Imperial.

I exclusively use Scout Trait.

Jet pack is looking like my next purchase because everyone seems to be using it to get to areas of map that are difficult without jet pack

Aggietaco
AG
How am I supposed to buy all of that chit when I keep spending money on dance moves?
Joe Cole
Question about Walker Assault

I have noticed a few times where it seems like the end of the game is very random. Sometimes 2 walkers can make it all the way to the end with more than 50%, yet die very very quickly . Other times is like it's down to the last second on if the game ends with victory for Imperial.
Sentinel
AG
It all depends on how much damage you do to the walkers or how good you are at flying the speeders.
Madmarttigan
AG
I find that walker assault is a lot about getting the upper hand in the air because they do A LOT of damage to your walkers.
GoneForGood
quote:
Question about Walker Assault

I have noticed a few times where it seems like the end of the game is very random. Sometimes 2 walkers can make it all the way to the end with more than 50%, yet die very very quickly . Other times is like it's down to the last second on if the game ends with victory for Imperial.

Both walkers could be at 100% health, theoretically, and you could win if you get two speeder pilots who harpoon their legs and take them down.
htownag08
AG
So is there way to select a partner on this? I added a buddy last night and it showed up top but we never seemed to be linked up when we were in game.
KidDoc
AG
I didn't see a PC thread so posting here sorry.

Add me PC players please kiddoc99. I'm not awesome but I do OK. I'm old(40s) and don't have many friends that game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.