***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,338 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
OldArmy07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I played for a few more hours and just don't like this game yet. It has the scale of a battlefield game, but gameplay closer to Call of Duty. The rock/paper/scissors aspect of BF is sorely missed here. It doesn't have a real class system, so I feel like i'm doing the same thing every round (admittedly running forward and then dying). BF keeps me interested because you can play the game so many different ways that it doesn't get old. Tired of pressing the objective? Sit back and snipe.

I agree with the poster above about the special item system - it's really lame. Why not just have the walkers/planes back at a spawn point instead of making me run out into the open to pickup a blue orb that spawns me in one?

Maybe it will be more fun once the rest of you pickup the game and we can have a cohesive party. Maybe we'll all have to wait until the GOTY edition is out with the DLC included.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
I played for a few more hours and just don't like this game yet. It has the scale of a battlefield game, but gameplay closer to Call of Duty. The rock/paper/scissors aspect of BF is sorely missed here. It doesn't have a real class system, so I feel like i'm doing the same thing every round (admittedly running forward and then dying). BF keeps me interested because you can play the game so many different ways that it doesn't get old. Tired of pressing the objective? Sit back and snipe.

I agree with the poster above about the special item system - it's really lame. Why not just have the walkers/planes back at a spawn point instead of making me run out into the open to pickup a blue orb that spawns me in one?

Maybe it will be more fun once the rest of you pickup the game and we can have a cohesive party. Maybe we'll all have to wait until the GOTY edition is out with the DLC included.
You *******. If you make me regret buying this, I'm going to kick you in the nuts.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
You *******. If you make me regret buying this, I'm going to kick you in the nuts.

If I didn't buy this game, 7 year old me from 1985 would build a time machine (out of a Delorean), travel to the year 2015, and kick me in the nuts!
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
quote:

You should kick yourself in the nuts if you didn't heed my warning. Should have paid $5 for EA Access and gave it a 10 hour trial before buying.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should kick yourself in the nuts if you didn't heed my warning. Should have paid $5 for EA Access and gave it a 10 hour trial before buying.
If you don't like it then quit *****ing about it. You're not even buying it so why are you *****ing on this thread
Pilmer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you don't like it then quit *****ing about it. You're not even buying it so why are you *****ing on this thread
LOL...public messages between Xbox live friends misconstrued.
jeffk
AG
Screw all y'all.
Pilmer
AG
He's obviously not going to enjoy the game, too futuristic...no musket.
Aggietaco
AG
Is an Ewok's battle staff an option? If so, you better believe I'm going to have that equipped when I die in front of you and you have no ammo.
easttexasaggie04
AG
i'm in.

easttexasag04 on XBOX one
OldArmy07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're not my mom!
OldArmy07
AG
I'll buy it to play with the TexAgs clan. I miss the good old times before Pilmer was married and shepherded us to victory.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're not my mom!

Are you sure?
Kampfers
AG
quote:

Have you unlocked any of the different guns? The basic classes are all there, they just aren't split in to different trees. you create different classes and run them in game by creating multiple hands and using different blasters

Some people wanted this to be BF4 with a Star Wars skin and they are inevitably going to be disappointed with the gameplay. That was never battlefront though and so I for one am happy that didn't happen.
Kampfers
AG
And re: walkers and other vehicles - it can be frustrating because some games I never get a good perk and I still have yet to play as a hero in about 4 hours.

That said, if it removes the idiots camping vehicle spawns, I'm all for it.
Madmarttigan
AG
If it makes you guys feel better, I have played COD BO3, Halo 5, and this, and I find Battlefront by far the most enjoyable and kept playing it well into the night.

Halo requires friends to play with imo to make it fun on a competitive level, Black Ops 3 is l**** and annoying.
brents1975
Add me to the list plz. Gamertag: the7ths0n on XB1
jeffk
AG
What time does this thing open up?
Pilmer
AG
GameStop pick up at 11
DB Coach
AG
Pre-load should have happened already....game goes live at 11pm.
Madmarttigan
AG
For people saying this game is one dimensional as far as classes and so forth it may be that way until you get upgrades on your cards. I think the way to diversify things will be which card sets you use.
Simplebay
AG
Servers all hosed. So far bad start
JoeCalAg05
AG
TICKLER21
jr15aggie
AG
I remember from the beta the game really opened up for me once I got the jet pack... like most games the first couple hours are mainly for grinding and unlocking some decent crap. Was easier to do on a smaller map game type (like the one where you claim/defend the pods).

And that's bad news if the servers all went to crap after midnight. Hopefully it is a very temporary issue. It's becoming a very disappointing theme of servers being crap day 1. Some of us have to coordinate our game nights with the Mrs. and she has zero sympathy when my "game night" is spent staring at a "searching for other players" screen.
javick82
AG
In. Javick82
thaed137
AG
So dog fighting was much more enjoyable when my blaster and missiles would actually lock on to targets. I became a force out there in my little A-wing. I even played a game in Boba Fett's ship and was mostly unstoppable which was fun. A tip for dog fighting; when people are on your tail, I find that going stright up for a a bit and doing the 180 degree turn then turning back up towards the sky loses them 9/10 times. It becomes too hard to follow a person high in the sky compared to low on the ground. Be interesting if there are ever any cards to help with the dog fighting.

I think the change I would prefer to see is power-ups are at your base or at drop pods that are safely back in your controlled area. Too many times I see people, and even myself, run out into the open in the middle of a battle to try to grab a vehicle token or an upgrade one only to be quickly killed. Be more fun if like when you capture an area a drop pods shoots down and drops like 5 or 6 tokens and it drops a new one every 5 minutes or so. Anyways doubt they change something like that now.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I think the change I would prefer to see is power-ups are at your base or at drop pods that are safely back in your controlled area.
I know what you are getting at, but that would force too much spawning at the base looking for power ups. I think the idea (at least in walker assault) is to keep all players pushing forward. If, for example, the Luke/Vader/Solo/etc. power ups only spawned at base you have at least a handful of dorks camping back at base waiting for it.

And in case anybody doesn't know... when you get a power up, make sure you are in a safe spot to use it. When you call in a vehicle or hero, it takes around 2 seconds to "call it in". If you die during this time period you die and lose the power up. So grab the icon and get behind cover before actually using it.
Phat32
AG
Very excited to jump into this tonight.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Very excited to jump into this tonight.
5 o clock cant come soon enough!
Knife_Party
So is this game working for everyone? Keep reading that people can't play. I want to pick it up but may wait a week for them to get the bugs worked out.
GoneForGood
I was on it this morning for a bit and the servers seemed just fine to me. Although it is EA and they are not known for their servers being top notch on day one.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
I was on it this morning for a bit and the servers seemed just fine to me. Although it is EA and they are not known for their servers being top notch on day one.
I'm expecting my gaming experience tonight to consist of installing the game for 2 hours and then waiting in a server lobby for an hour before going to bed.
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:
I'm expecting my gaming experience tonight to consist of installing the game for 2 hours and then waiting in a server lobby for an hour before going to bed.
That is the quintessential EA launch day experience, right?
Pilmer
AG
Works for me
GoneForGood
Just a heads up to everyone, I have added all of you (whom I didn't already have) onto my friends list. So if you see that I've added/followed you don't freak out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.