***** Battlefront (Xbox One) *****

30,325 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Servers working now. Hope it lasts.

The blast cannon charge sniper, I am destroying with that, and I'm usually a horrible sniper
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The blast cannon charge sniper, I am destroying with that, and I'm usually a horrible sniper
Another game ruined by OP snipers!
degreedy
AG
Please add me to the group... Xb1tag: Kontiko
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Love this game...Halo is taking a back seat.
Aggietaco
AG
Install was surprisingly quick. Around 25 minutes.
Madmarttigan
AG
Having a blast on.... Blast.

I really enjoy the simplistic run and gun gameplay. The power ups are fun and not game breaking like when one team gets rockets/sniper on Halo. It took me until level 13 to realize what +1 charge means on the map, when I finally ran out of charges on my Y ability lol.

Can someone explain droid run to me? We captured all 3 at one point but I guess we didn't hold long enough? And despite controlling 2 for most of the game the other team won when the timer expired because they had 2 at that particular point. It seems like really bad design, why is this not based on points like every other game domination/conquest style?

Phat32
AG
Fighter Squadron is a bunch of fun.

Really like how simple it is. Glad they didn't try to over complicate things.
Kampfers
AG
Servers down I suppose? Lame.

Edit - nvm. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me connect to my ea account but it just relented
Agmaniacmike12
Should be on tomorrow night as long as the download/install goes smooth.
jeffk
AG
I got to be Luke last night.
thaed137
AG
So i'll be honest in that I am reversing course on this game. I actually had a lot of fun last night playing. Cargo run is definitely what I am currently best at. I will probably try to join some of you guys online from now on when I get to playing. 4 of 5 games my partner was the last place person in the group which never helps.
htownag08
AG
Gave it a spin last night - really fun. Didn't get to play a whole lot and didn't play the Beta so i'm pretty far behind a good number of people, but so far I'm really liking it. Seems like a good mix of Halo and the other Battlefield games so far - not as much customization, but still way more than Halo allows.
jr15aggie
AG
Was awesome just in the fact that we had Aggies playing and making fun of each other all night. Good times except for all the racism!

My only complaint is the in game party system. They need to allow you to have a party leader so that everybody is pulled into the game wherever he goes. Gonna make it hard to do bathroom / food / drink breaks in between games when you have to manually accept when we switch lobbies. Not sure why something that Halo 2 perfected on the original Xbox is so hard to implement.
GoneForGood
quote:
Was awesome just in the fact that we had Aggies playing and making fun of each other all night. Good times except for all the racism!

My only complaint is the in game party system. They need to allow you to have a party leader so that everybody is pulled into the game wherever he goes. Gonna make it hard to do bathroom / food / drink breaks in between games when you have to manually accept when we switch lobbies. Not sure why something that Halo 2 perfected on the original Xbox is so hard to implement.
You do not need breaks when playing video games! You soil yourself and keep battling sir!
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
quote:

You do not need breaks when playing video games! You soil yourself and keep battling sir!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I had a good time playing last night. The only mode that didn't work for me were the missions. It kept kicking me out. My favorite game mode so far is Heroes vs. Villains. However like most shooters, I suck at this game.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

I know... I need **** bucket so I can get "PROMOTEEEDDDDDD!!!!!"
Phat32
AG
Heroes vs Villains is a great game mode. Fun way to get better with heroes, too.

Boba Fett is by far my favorite.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Agreed. Plus this adds to the chances that your whole party doesn't make it into the game since randoms can still joint while the rest of the party is hitting 'Y' and 'accept' to join.

I'm pretty happy with the game so far and we only suffered the one server hiccup last night.
Pilmer
AG
Early impressions after playing to level 10.

CA-87 = Shotgun

DH-17 = Run and gun pistol

DL-44 - Han Solo Pistol, very powerful, have to be accurate

E-11 - Imperial blaster, good all around

RT-97C = High rate of fire machine gun with a little bit of range

T-21 = high damage high range rifle, horrible up close

Impact grenades are the best grenades.

Thermal detonators are very time delayed, so you have to throw them way in advance.
MandoArms
I'll be playing tonight. Berto1705
Knife_Party
I'm really on the fence about this game. User scores are pretty mediocre across the board but I've played almost every star wars game for the consoles I've had over the years.
Sq1dvm
AG
I'll be on next week (going to Vandy game this weekend)
Gamertag: Friendly Freddy
Phat32
AG
Play the trial and decide for yourself.
double aught
AG
Count me in:

DFDWill
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm really on the fence about this game.
Maybe a bad comparison for some people, but this game is like the movie Pacific Rim. It's not deep, it's not super complicated, but dang it looks good, dang it sounds good, and it's a fun time. Everything... even the sparks that fly when you shoot a storm trooper... is spot on perfect with the movie.
jeffk
AG
Serious, I shot some ewoks and jawas last night and their screams sounded JUST LIKE THE MOVIES.
Pman17
AG
GT: Darth Pman
brents1975
Loving the game. Very fun especially for SW fans
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I love it. Metacritic if you actually sit down and read the user reviews has nothing to do about gameplay and all people *****ing about the price of the game + DLC. Honestly if the DLC is as good as the base game, I will gladly spend the money.

People are just *****ing because it is EA, but the gameplay is fantastic so far.

Walker assault and blast are my favorites right now.
AgFB
AG
ETA talked me into downloading. Xb1: rufftamu
Phat32
AG
Saw a comparison of this game and Goldeneye...pretty spot on so far. Just fun.
Cromagnum
AG
Looks good. Sounds good. Plays badly. Its like a 90s shooter. Aim down sights doesnt do much. Cant go prone or use cover very well. I havent had but about 15-20 minutes to play it, but my early impressions arent awesome.
Hulla Baller
AG
If you are trying to go prone in this game then you are just doing it wrong.
GoneForGood
I love how you all were giving me crap about my KDR in Walker assault then once we get into the Blast game mode I'm top 3 every match.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.