Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Circle the date: Texas A&M and Texas to renew rivalry on Nov. 30, 2024

November 27, 2023
33,274

4,755 days.

That will be how long the Aggies have waited for a reunion with their archrival.

The date of Texas A&M’s reuniting with Texas is now known.

On Monday evening, ESPN reported that Maroon & White and Burnt Orange will meet again on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2024, at Kyle Field.

The entirety of A&M’s 2024 slate has yet to be leaked, reported or announced.

Two summers ago, A&M’s Director of Athletics Ross Bjork stated the rivalry’s return would be in College Station.

“I can’t imagine the atmosphere when that game is played,” Bjork said at the 2022 SEC Spring Meetings. “And it will be played at Kyle Field.”

On June 14, 2023, the Southeastern Conference released the 2024 opponents, and just as Bjork had ensured, Texas was slated to come to Aggieland.

A kickoff time has yet to be announced. That likely does not matter.

Aggies and Longhorns will undoubtedly circle that date on their respective calendars.

Since Justin Tucker’s last-second field goal sailed through the south uprights on Nov. 24, 2011, Longhorns have been spouting bragging rights.

Conversely, countless Aggies have longed for payback.

Of course, the rivalry ceased with A&M’s move to the SEC. Then-Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds infamously expressed the unwillingness to play it as a non-conference game.

“They left,” Dodds told The Daily Texan in March 2013. “They’re the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again. I think that’s fair.

With Texas officially joining the SEC this summer, those Aggies will get their chance.

myaggienation.com
Never forget Stephen McGee’s 2006 heroics in Austin.

While the much-anticipated meeting will not be a traditional Thanksgiving affair, the traditional hatred will absolutely return.

The two have met 116 times already. Texas hosts a 76-37-5 edge in the rivalry.

Much of that Orange dominance came while A&M was an all-male military school that didn’t prioritize athletics.

Since Jackie Sherrill’s 1982 arrival in College Station, the series is even at 15-15.

During those final 30 matchups, the rivalry became critical to winning Southwest Conference crowns and a marquee matchup in the Big 12.

Now, it comes to the best college football conference in America.

The storylines and stakes will be immense.

Under Steve Sarkisian, Texas is currently vying for one final Big 12 championship and a College Football Playoff berth.

A&M just hired Mike Elko in hopes he can bring the Maroon & White to prominence.

Part of that quest for glory certainly includes beating the hell outta t.u.

In 369 days, the Aggies will get that chance.

It will have been 4,755 days of waiting.

Discussion from...

Circle the date: Texas A&M and Texas to renew rivalry on Nov. 30, 2024

23,982 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by farmersfight
Justice Beaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another 4,700 days would be too soon. **** em.
ccatag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whoop!
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should've scheduled it the week after they play their butt buddies.
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
**** texas....the reason I was ecstatic about moving to the SEC was the thought of never having to play those whining little *****es ever again.
aggieband 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It should have been the Saturday after tu plays Oklahoma. Keep LSU as the season finale. Screw t.u.
murphyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just like a bad case of herpes, can't get rid of tu either.
BaileyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too soon
stexagg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My choice would have been LSU on that weekend. This is rivalry weekend. They should be playing OU.
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2024 is the same calendar as 1985, hopefully we'll have the same results of a 42-10 win
Sefton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refs are excited. More sip payoffs coming their way.
Shoefly!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sefton said:

Refs are excited. More sip payoffs coming their way.

That 2 varsity letterman sip ambulance chaser from El Paso better not ever be the review official in any sec games.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never should have stopped playing them.
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is good news. The sips should be our annual rival during Rivalry Week.
Reno Hightower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Agly Duckling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
**** yeah. Beat the ever livin', ever lovin' **** outta those sip *******s.

Gig the hell out of 'em.
rondis23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elko will keep them out of our Kyle Field endzones.
TxAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
stexagg said:

My choice would have been LSU on that weekend. This is rivalry weekend. They should be playing OU.


I think they try to keep that one with Tx State Fair.
I don't like it, but I think that's why.

If we're the TX school, maybe we should play em then.
They could play Boomer w Tgiving, we'd play LSU
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

Never should have stopped playing them.


Wasn't our decision.
dlsarmi2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guess t.u. and OU couldn't milk more out of their conference $$$ wise and moved to the SEC. I was content when A&M left t.u.'s perverted sense of an "equal" conference (refer to DeLoss/ "DeLies" Dodds...arrogant SOB). Now that we have to play them again (sigh), here's to Elko & ERob bringing back the Wrecking Crew D to BTHO t.u. every damn time.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charlie 31 said:

This is good news. The sips should be our annual rival during Rivalry Week.
Bull***** They're just another team now.

And Sankey can choke on a bag of dicks for letting them in. This conference will implode in 15~20 years.
lagoag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slicer97 said:

Charlie 31 said:

This is good news. The sips should be our annual rival during Rivalry Week.
Bull***** They're just another team now.

And Sankey can choke on a bag of dicks for letting them in. This conference will implode in 15~20 years.
Or sooner, sip matches into the SEC and gats every damn thing they want. It's like nothing has changed after 12 years. After a couple of years they'll start trying to take over the SEC meeting.
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not on Thanksgiving?
barbacoa taco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
as great as it is that we're getting them at home, do we really want to play road games against them and LSU every other year?
Hoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope all of you saying you never want to play them again have been singing the first verse of the War Hymn instead of the second. It seemed silly to me that we were still singing about the Longhorns after we went to the SEC and stopped playing them.

I didn't want tu coming to the SEC, but I'm thrilled that we'll be playing them again. It's a great college football rivalry. State bragging rights!

TexasAGGIEinAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want to play Tessus. I want to beat Tessus. We need to close the gap on the all-time record (and I don't care about their clear advantage in the olden days). We did it to Arkansas and caught up with them; let's do it to the sissies in Austin. Those who are saying they don't want to play them...stop being a chickenshyt. Just beat them and move on. Running from problems doesn't make them go away.
Reno Hightower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hoss said:

I hope all of you saying you never want to play them again have been singing the first verse of the War Hymn instead of the second. It seemed silly to me that we were still singing about the Longhorns after we went to the SEC and stopped playing them.

I didn't want tu coming to the SEC, but I'm thrilled that we'll be playing them again. It's a great college football rivalry. State bragging rights!




Seems a lot of folks are thrilled with the restoration of 'the privilege' to play 'sip.
Hoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reno Hightower said:

Hoss said:

I hope all of you saying you never want to play them again have been singing the first verse of the War Hymn instead of the second. It seemed silly to me that we were still singing about the Longhorns after we went to the SEC and stopped playing them.

I didn't want tu coming to the SEC, but I'm thrilled that we'll be playing them again. It's a great college football rivalry. State bragging rights!




Seems a lot of folks are thrilled with the restoration of 'the privilege' to play 'sip.
They've been t-sips to me since Fish Camp. Don't see any reason to change that.
Duckhook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on all of the previous posts on this subject over the last 12 years, Kyle Field will be only half full on 11/30/24. "I don't know anybody who wants to play them again!" "I'll never watch or go to this game!" "I've got better things to do than watch the refs hose us again!" "Never, never, never!"

All BS. You'll be in the stands or watching like all of us who look forward to playing them again. BTHOtu!
barbacoa taco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah, the denial over wanting to play (and beat) Texas is overwhelming.

yeah, I hate them too, so let's beat the piss out of them
Hoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
barbacoa taco said:



yeah, I hate them too, so let's beat the piss out of them
Exactly.
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duckhook said:

Based on all of the previous posts on this subject over the last 12 years, Kyle Field will be only half full on 11/30/24. "I don't know anybody who wants to play them again!" "I'll never watch or go to this game!" "I've got better things to do than watch the refs hose us again!" "Never, never, never!"

All BS. You'll be in the stands or watching like all of us who look forward to playing them again. BTHOtu!
dlsarmi2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No kidding. What did I hear about t.u: they're like HSV/ Herpes...once you have 'em, you can never get rid of 'em. LMAO! BTHO t.u. every damn time! WHOOP!
deer corn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DGrimesAg92 said:

**** texas....the reason I was ecstatic about moving to the SEC was the thought of never having to play those whining little *****es ever again.


This. I'd rather eat dirt.
BaileyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The bias bull **** has already started. FSU is undefeated and the media is doing everything in their power to help the sippies jump the Seminoles. It's disgusting.
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.