Story Poster

Super Bowl Champ Martellus Bennett wants to inspire you

February 11, 2017
25,742

Ever since his title changed from New England Patriots Tight End to Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots Tight End, Martellus Bennett has been shouting from his platform like never before.

The former Aggie tight end made headlines immediately following Sunday's Super Bowl when it was reported that he will not visit the White House with the Patriots, and it appears that he's using the spotlight to try and inspire as many people as humanly possible. 

So here's Marty B to kick off your weekend with a little lot of tweet-spiration.
































Discussion from...

Super Bowl Champ Martellus Bennett wants to inspire you

23,105 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GrayMatter
ag4lyf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disrespecting the national anthem isn't inspiring. There is an awful lot of self promotion in those tweets, perhaps a little more action without seeking praise would be more inspirational.
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I remember seeing him on the reed arena sidelines when he was being recruited and I was a student. My first and only thought, without being able to talk to him, was: "holy crap that guy's gonna be great on Kyle field!"

Little did I know all the stuff he'd do and be. Good bull, Marty. You be you!
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't see him seeking praise. Why do people get bent out of shape when someone lawfully exercises their rights?
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His narrative, like the narrative of so many Americans, is flawed. I know of examples of people of all colors and backgrounds and religions and sexual preference and sexual identity that are successful in every field, industry, and walk of life. Those people all have one thing in common: they are dedicated to their goals and driven to work hard to achieve the small things they know will lead to achieving their ultimate goals.

They don't give excuses, they don't bemoan their beginnings, they don't blame others for their problems, they don't expect others to do for them what they can do for themselves.

Those attributes are universal for people that are driven by their own internal value system.

Marty, like a **** ton of younger (and a lot of older) Americans need to quit looking for "injustices" in the world and just quit *****ing and moaning. Life isn't fair, but it is more fair today than it has ever been in the history of mankind.

/rant
budaag1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

His narrative, like the narrative of so many Americans, is flawed. I know of examples of people of all colors and backgrounds and religions and sexual preference and sexual identity that are successful in every field, industry, and walk of life. Those people all have one thing in common: they are dedicated to their goals and driven to work hard to achieve the small things they know will lead to achieving their ultimate goals.

They don't give excuses, they don't bemoan their beginnings, they don't blame others for their problems, they don't expect others to do for them what they can do for themselves.

Those attributes are universal for people that are driven by their own internal value system.

Marty, like a **** ton of younger (and a lot of older) Americans need to quit looking for "injustices" in the world and just quit *****ing and moaning. Life isn't fair, but it is more fair today than it has ever been in the history of mankind.

/rant
dcbowers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love to talk on my iPhone because I know that for a long time my ancestors weren't allowed to.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The hopes, dreams, and joy of a grown up big kid. I don't see anything to fault myself.
GrayMatter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You have no business judging Marty B when you haven't the faintest idea of how he grew up. If you don't agree with what he says, it's obvious the message is not intended for you. Just be happy for him and let him be.
RGLAG85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

You have no business judging Marty B when you haven't the faintest idea of how he grew up. If you don't agree with what he says, it's obvious the message is not intended for you. Just be happy for him and let him be.
The irony of post like this and it completely escapes you.

He overvalues his opinion, but it's his. Just as anyone who thinks he's a complete dumbass, it's their's.
RadAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He started a company to help startup kids creativity. Always comical to see each person bash him, say he's done nothing in his life...
Sponge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

I don't see him seeking praise. Why do people get bent out of shape when someone lawfully exercises their rights?
Because jerks don't care about rights or the beliefs of others, they want everyone to believe and act as they do.
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now you got TexAgs staff trolling people.

They know exactly what type of reaction they were going to get with this.

Lame. You would think they would be above these types of antics. They even locked the thread about the exact same topic last week. How original.
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

I don't see him seeking praise. Why do people get bent out of shape when someone lawfully exercises their rights?
1st--no one is getting bent out of shape. Getting bent out of shape would probably look more like rioting, assaulting, and protesting in such manner that you impede other people's freedom.

2nd--I think the reactions were seeing need to be viewed in the context of what is happening socially/culturally across the country right now.

If all people would only seek first to understand then to be understood we would likely find we have more in common then we have differences.
Vepp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, this reads like the 'I'm sitting on the toilet pushing out a big one" philosophy that twitter is famous for.
Earl_Rudder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not respecting the National Anthem or the Office of the President doesn't inspire me at all. He has the right to his opinions, and the freedom to express them, but the content of those views has nothing inspiring or praiseworthy.

There are many Ags who disagreed with President Obama but still respected the Office.

Congratulations on your post-Aggieland success Mr. Bennett. Our views differ on what is inspiring.
ZAC-AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People on here give me a headache and make me realize why the world is as it is. "Life ain't fair suck it up marry! Stop trying to make points! We watch sports to ignore the injustices in the world!"

People that say he should shut up and stick to sports do not seem to get that at the very least he is trying to some give perspective and actively seeking to help those that do not have as many options as others.
I come in this sight and I see these threads condemning our players and members of our glorious school for speaking their mind and it makes me sick and ashamed of my own brothers and sisters from Aggie land.
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ZAC-AG said:

People on here give me a headache and make me realize why the world is as it is. "Life ain't fair suck it up marry! Stop trying to make points! We watch sports to ignore the injustices in the world!"

People that say he should shut up and stick to sports do not seem to get that at the very least he is trying to some give perspective and actively seeking to help those that do not have as many options as others.
I come in this sight and I see these threads condemning our players and members of our glorious school for speaking their mind and it makes me sick and ashamed of my own brothers and sisters from Aggie land.


So, it is okay for Marty B to speak his mind, but not your other fellow Ags?

Very consistent.
mark.mathews
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We may have to boycott our beloved Texags to show dissenting opinions about the controversial Bennett brothers. They are divisive irresponsible behavior should not be condoned and endorsed by Texags.
Sleepnumber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RealTalk said:

Now you got TexAgs staff trolling people.

They know exactly what type of reaction they were going to get with this.

Lame. You would think they would be above these types of antics. They even locked the thread about the exact same topic last week. How original.
Staff: Why are you pushing this crap? Did MB pat you on the head once? It's obvious he is divisive. Is this something new----divisive issues in order to generate clicks?
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mark.mathews said:

We may have to boycott our beloved Texags to show dissenting opinions about the controversial Bennett brothers. They are divisive irresponsible behavior should not be condoned and endorsed by Texags.


Please for the love of god, start your boycott now.
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
saray said:

RealTalk said:

Now you got TexAgs staff trolling people.

They know exactly what type of reaction they were going to get with this.

Lame. You would think they would be above these types of antics. They even locked the thread about the exact same topic last week. How original.
Staff: Why are you pushing this crap? Did MB pat you on the head once? It's obvious he is divisive. Is this something new----divisive issues in order to generate clicks?
Because they're hypocrites.
mark.mathews
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Champ Bailey said:

mark.mathews said:

We may have to boycott our beloved Texags to show dissenting opinions about the controversial Bennett brothers. They are divisive irresponsible behavior should not be condoned and endorsed by Texags.


Please for the love of god, start your boycott now.


Hi Roland.
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mark.mathews said:

Champ Bailey said:

mark.mathews said:

We may have to boycott our beloved Texags to show dissenting opinions about the controversial Bennett brothers. They are divisive irresponsible behavior should not be condoned and endorsed by Texags.


Please for the love of god, start your boycott now.


Hi Roland.


Hi Bradyn.
mark.mathews
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So it's Champ Bailey= Roland Martin. Both famous black men. Both good defensive players. If only you choose UGA and he chose TAMU. That would have been just right.
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mark.mathews said:

So it's Champ Bailey= Roland Martin. Both famous black men. Both good defensive players. If only you choose UGA and he chose TAMU. That would have been just right.


is that boycott starting now, or...
AGHouston11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He pretends to be a bridge builder.

"My people"

Enough said
Cappy407
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think some of you are really making a stretch because you don't agree with MB's political and social views, but there is nothing divisive, incorrect or inflammatory in those tweets. He doesn't bash the office of the president in them or our country. You're taking a previous action and applying it to these tweets. The tweets in and of themselves are absolutely fine. You all telling MB to stop whining need to get some thicker skin yourselves, snowflake.

If they don't inspire you, cool. Whatever. You're probably not the target audience anyway. Go find something else to be inspired by. But if inspires some kid (black or otherwise) to dream bigger, then I'm sure he feels like he's achieved his goal.

Go volunteer at a school, or a VA hospital, or a halfway house, or on mission trip to Haiti, or a church group and do some inspiring yourselves. You can even tweet about it if you like...I'll just shrug it off like I did MB's tweets.

FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bingo we have a winner!

If a free education, a chance to make more money than your next 3 generations can spend and you still believe George Bush wants to put you back on the plantation there is simply no hope for healing.

I love the effort but the message is counter productive.
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cappy407 said:

I think some of you are really making a stretch because you don't agree with MB's political and social views, but there is nothing divisive, incorrect or inflammatory in those tweets. He doesn't bash the office of the president in them or our country. You're taking a previous action and applying it to these tweets. The tweets in and of themselves are absolutely fine. You all telling MB to stop whining need to get some thicker skin yourselves, snowflake.

If they don't inspire you, cool. Whatever. You're probably not the target audience anyway. Go find something else to be inspired by. But if inspires some kid (black or otherwise) to dream bigger, then I'm sure he feels like he's achieved his goal.

Go volunteer at a school, or a VA hospital, or a halfway house, or on mission trip to Haiti, or a church group and do some inspiring yourselves. You can even tweet about it if you like...I'll just shrug it off like I did MB's tweets.




So, you telling other people what to do, because you are "inspired" by MB is somehow okay, but when others don't like his attitude and his constant whining, that is somehow not okay.

Basically, you are the snowflake that feels like you can express your feelings but when others do the same you decide to lecture them specifically about expressing their feelings.

You are a real piece of work and a very good example of why this country is doomed.
v1rotate92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This country has soooo wronged him
Lungblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's the exact kind of person we should hope our football players turn out to be. You know, if you can get over the fact that his political views don't match your grandpa's, like your own do.
AggieTFA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I respect Martellus' opinion, but I would respect him more if his opinions were actually informed instead of being uninformed liberal talking points.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
aTm1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As long as staff think it's ok to repost left wing politically charged garbage on this site, I will never again pay money or recommend this site to anyone.

Stewade has 'inspired' me and other Ags to take our business elsewhere. Thank you!
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.