Government Extend Mask Mandate 2 Weeks

7,630 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Capitol Ag
RDV-1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RDV-1992 said:

Going to board an AA flight in a few minutes. Happy that the mask mandate was removed.

About to leave in my 4th leg on this trip and still really really pleased with the no mask mandate. There are still folks with masks. And on one leg warnings during the announcement to respect the right to wear a mask for those that still choose to do so. But I'm happy that I'm finally completely free of the things.
GAC06
AG
It's important to respect other people rights now
Aston94
AG
Yes, show them the respect that should have been shown to you.
DadHammer
AG
GAC06 said:

It's important to respect other people rights now

So True!
nortex97
AG
Mask mandates and compliance actually increased morbidity, and did not lower cases/transmission. Study;

Quote:

This study of 35 European countries during the period from October 1 2020 to March 31, 2021, when the second covid wave passed through that continent, could put the last nail in the mask coffin.

The study plotted the percentage of mask compliance in each country against covid cases and deaths. The author evidently expected to demonstrate the utility of masks, but was disappointed:
Quote:

The aim of this short study was to analyse the correlation between mask usage against morbidity and mortality rates in the 2020-2021 winter in Europe. Data from 35 European countries on morbidity, mortality, and mask usage during a six-month period were analysed and crossed. Mask usage was more homogeneous in Eastern Europe than in Western European countries.

Spearman's correlation coefficients between mask usage and COVID-19 outcomes were either null or positive, depending on the subgroup of countries and type of outcome (cases or deaths). Positive correlations were stronger in Western than in Eastern European countries. These findings indicate that countries with high levels of mask compliance did not perform better than those with low mask usage.

Actually, it suggests that countries with more mask compliance did worse. A positive correlation means that more masks corresponded to more deaths.
Quote:

Surprisingly, weak positive correlations were observed when mask compliance was plotted against morbidity (cases/million) or mortality (deaths/million) in each country (Figure 3).
I.e., more masks = more cases and more deaths. This is the study's conclusion:
Quote:

While no cause-effect conclusions could be inferred from this observational analysis, the lack of negative correlations between mask usage and COVID-19 cases and deaths suggest that the widespread use of masks at a time when an effective intervention was most needed, i.e., during the strong 2020-2021 autumn-winter peak, was not able to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Moreover, the moderate positive correlation between mask usage and deaths in Western Europe also suggests that the universal use of masks may have had harmful unintended consequences.
I credit the study's author for his honesty.
There are still lunatics out there assaulting/pepper spraying people who don't follow their faith in paper/cloth masks in public.

FriendlyAg
Lol he has a mask with a vent too lol
Trucker 96
Someone pepper sprays me for not wearing a mask, they better make sure their life insurance premiums have been paid up because they are about to catch a beating
94chem
You figure there's some backstory on that poor guy. Just lost a loved one, got fired, something. Clearly he's not right.
Capitol Ag
AG
94chem said:

You figure there's some backstory on that poor guy. Just lost a loved one, got fired, something. Clearly he's not right.
I actually think the same thing. He could have a disorder and off his meds, recently experienced something traumatic etc. I have yet in the last few months to have any confrontation or even a negative look from those masking while I am not masked. Many talk to me as if they don't really even notice anymore. This is red flag activity for a guy that has other issues. Plus, when you look at the other customers passing by, it's obvious that most are not masked, and he had to realize this walking in. So it seems there's more going on here b/c at this point most reasonable people accept the situation that if they firmly believe in continued masking he can order online, stay home and away from a crowded public place, unless he already isn't thinking rationally. Honestly, a lot of the videos you see where an unmasked person is accosted my a masked person make me think the same thing. Hell, any "Karen" videos make me think that the person in question acting up and making a scene has larger issues than the one that they are creating the scene about. There likely is some sort of mental disability going on or they have recently dealt with some form of major trauma and something triggered a breaking point.

The worst video regarding masking that I have seen was from a year or 2 ago where a guy was essentially attacked both physically and verbally by multiple people in what appeared to be a grocery store for not masking. He was being yelled at by multiple people when a masked person threw a large container full of water onto the guy. While he appeared physically ok other than being wet, the container was heavier plastic and did hit him. More than anything the video was sad as it appeared he was just passing by and people started yelling at him. Maybe he started it, but what I saw did not show that part. Which is also a problem with any phone video. There is no context to what originated the even in question most of the time....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.