So is this an endemic now?

7,854 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Charpie
Year of the Germaphobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The queen of england is 95 years old, and has experienced mild cold like symptoms. She is expected to return to normal duty within the week..

This is basically a metaphor for the entire scare, surrounding covid.
West Point Aggie
AG
Boris J and his messy hair just told parliament to treat it like the flu…

Duuuuuuuuuuuuh!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Capitol Ag
AG
I think we all can agree that it is past the time to end all restrictions and that the restrictions put in place due to omicron were unnecessary and overkill given we knew it was less severe. It wasn't worthy of creating strict policy for imo. There will always be some that will be at serious threat to covid, but right now and really the last couple of months, the numbers of deaths and hospitalizations should have had no effect on the rest of us (i.e. the pandemic was over for most of us). This cannot be about complete eradication of the virus to have 100% complete protection for all. Too many seem to want that though.

He puts it well in this video from Sunday:

Further, I'd argue it is time to campaign for everyone to drop the masks going forward, except for only the most at risk. It's about mental health too. Masking was originally about protecting others. Now that is not an issue except in extreme situations. It's really is time for all public places, especially schools, to end masking policies and encourage unmasking on top of that...
torrid
AG
As others have noted, it has been endemic for some time. However it will keep coming and going in waves, and some people just won't let go of masks and mandates. It is not going anywhere so we need to learn to live with it - without masks, without lockdowns, without mandates for experimental vaccines with fleeting efficacy.
Senator Blutarski
AG
I went to Whole Foods in Austin today, and only about 20% were wearing masks. Whereas, just a few weeks ago, it was 80%. I deem this an accurate measure of the left side of the curve.
Charpie
AG
Senator Blutarski said:

I went to Whole Foods in Austin today, and only about 20% were wearing masks. Whereas, just a few weeks ago, it was 80%. I deem this an accurate measure of the left side of the curve.
Which Whole Foods? The one at Gateway has been pretty much mask free for two months
Senator Blutarski
AG
Arbor Trails in S Austin.
I think it's a good indicator in both instances - I would have expected Gateway to ease up sooner.
Charpie
AG
The one in Cedar Park has been mask free for months
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.