Post Covid "Symptoms"

3,454 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rex Racer
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone experienced what I am experiencing?

Just got through covid and I have the very odd sensation that tactile feedback from touch is somehow wrong. The easiest way for me to experience the sensation is to not shave and to run my hand across my face. Somehow the sensation in the whiskers feels kind of "out of body" or not my face somehow. Same for the tactile feedback in my hand.

I feel like I am experiencing someone else's sensation and not my own.

It's really starting to wear me down mentally.
Kvetch
AG
Anxiety or exhaustion.
Petrino1
Madman said:

Just got through covid and I have the very odd sensation that tactile feedback from touch is somehow wrong. The easiest way for me to experience the sensation is to not shave and to run my hand across my face. Somehow the sensation in the whiskers feels kind of "out of body" or not my face somehow. Same for the tactile feedback in my hand.

Check out the covid long haul sub on reddit. Lots of people experience different symptoms, but Ive seen people with your symptoms post their stories on reddit.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wife had nerve irritation from it. Would get weird sensations down her arms that lasted several months. It will dissipate over time. Don't get discouraged. A friend had constant headaches for about 6+ months due to nerve inflammation, oftentimes at night causing lack of sleep. Now that was a beatdown, but again, gradually dissipated and then disappeared
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
I'm having some auto immune or nerve response via my knees. Knees constantly sore. No more flexibility in either knee. Zero strength in either knee almost as if my quad and a hamstring arent firing / engaging my knees. At times it literally feels like my knees may just give out. If I squat too long my knees will be stiff for days.

I was exercising regularly before this happened and I'm only 40. Totally random and convinced it's from the vaccine or Covid itself. Both knee doctors say absolutely nothing wrong with my knees structurally.
Petrino1
Durkin Nowitzki said:

I'm having some auto immune or nerve response via my knees. Knees constantly sore. No more flexibility in either knee. Zero strength in either knee almost as if my quad and a hamstring arent firing / engaging my knees. At times it literally feels like my knees may just give out. If I squat too long my knees will be stiff for days.

I was exercising regularly before this happened and I'm only 40. Totally random and convinced it's from the vaccine or Covid itself. Both knee doctors say absolutely nothing wrong with my knees structurally.
I think its likely from covid or the vaccine. Ive had covid long haul symptoms for 21 months and Ive experienced sharp pain/soreness in my thighs, calves, shoulders, neck. After I got the vaccine I started experiencing the soreness/pain in my forearms for months. Im in my mid 30's and didnt experience any of this before I got covid or the vaccine. One day I woke up and my knee felt like it was going to explode, I couldnt walk on it straight for like a week.
willtackleforfood
AG
Has anyone given NAC a shot?

I had the intense knee pain as well. Heard about NAC being a precursor for glutathione - the "master" antioxidant our body produces that diminishes as we age, especially around 50. Read up on some of the latest research and gave high dose NAC a chance. No kidding, in 24 hours I felt a dramatic difference. It is not gone completely, but 75% improvement I'd say.

I will defer on the brand/quantity, but if you haven't looked into it, perhaps it's worth a look. I am a believer.
Aggie521
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Wife had nerve irritation from it. Would get weird sensations down her arms that lasted several months. It will dissipate over time. Don't get discouraged. A friend had constant headaches for about 6+ months due to nerve inflammation, oftentimes at night causing lack of sleep. Now that was a beatdown, but again, gradually dissipated and then disappeared

I have the same issues going on - though I've been skeptical that it's associated with Covid, I'm starting to think it might be the cause. I have random weird nerve sensations like you describe, kind of like a cold streaky feeling mainly on my arms or legs, but really can occur anywhere. I've been to a neurologist and a rheumatologist for the issue, in which I've been prescribed medicine but have yet to take it. Thinking about it, I didn't have this issue prior to having Covid almost a year ago. Did your wife take any medicine or just wait it out?
Petrino1
Aggie521 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I have the same issues going on - though I've been skeptical that it's associated with Covid, I'm starting to think it might be the cause. I have random weird nerve sensations like you describe, kind of like a cold streaky feeling mainly on my arms or legs, but really can occur anywhere. I've been to a neurologist and a rheumatologist for the issue, in which I've been prescribed medicine but have yet to take it. Thinking about it, I didn't have this issue prior to having Covid almost a year ago. Did your wife take any medicine or just wait it out?
I would bet money that this is 100% from covid. Its a common Covid long haul symptom.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Aggie521 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

She didn't take anything. Just waited it out and it became less frequent over about 4-5 months until gone. Hers was definitely covid related because it started happening while she was actively sick. Her overall covid experience was much more nerve inflammation based… headaches, neck/shoulder pain (weird feeling down her scalp and back of her neck) and nerve pain/sensation down the arms. She had some pretty bad general malaise, but no congestion of any type, no sore throat, etc.

My daughter and I had it at basically the same time as my wife, and all 3 had diffrent systems. Daughter was about 2 days of fever and sore throat, then gone. I had 4-5 days of fever and sinus congestion. No one had a cough. Interesting inflammatory disease
PeekingDuck
AG
I was never diagnosed with COVID, but I had similar symptoms in my toes after the vaccine for about 6-8 weeks. It evidently isn't uncommon with this or the influenza vaccine. Likely from COVID or the vaccine, as others have mentioned.
Carlo4
AG
Short term - fatigue and sleeping 12 hours a day (2-3 weeks)

Long term - literally have no hunger or thirst queues. I nearly passed out three hours after my wife gave birth because I didn't eat or drink anything for about 16 hours straight.

I force myself to eat/drink. My only queues are the feeling of passing out
Rex Racer
AG
Madman said:

I experienced something like this. When I had COVID in August 2021, my fingertips all had a kind of numb feeling. I could still feel things, but they just felt weird. Almost numb, but not fully. It lasted for a couple of months, and gradually from my thumbs to my pinkies, they started feeling normal again. The last finger that "came back" was my left pinky.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.