Booster Side Effects

5,681 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TheMasterplan
OKCAG02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am 41, got the first 2 Moderna shots about a year ago.

Felt pretty bad for about 36 hours after both shots (headache, chills, body ache). First shot was actually worse for me.

Getting a Pfizer booster, what can I expect for side effects this time? Similar?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
I got Moderna x3 with booster being 9.5 months after dose 2. I had almost no symptoms dose 1 but dose 2 knocked me down pretty good for about 12 hours. Felt like mild flu. For the booster I would say I had all the same symptoms as dose 2 just less severe. After the booster without Tylenol I felt like I did after round 2 with Tylenol. In fact I never even felt the need to take something after the booster.
GeographyAg
AG
OKCAG02 said:

I am 41, got the first 2 Moderna shots about a year ago.

Felt pretty bad for about 36 hours after both shots (headache, chills, body ache). First shot was actually worse for me.

Getting a Pfizer booster, what can I expect for side effects this time? Similar?

I got Pfizer, not Moderna, and never had any side effects at all.

And I had Covid but it was absolutely the easiest "sickness" I've ever experienced. (And I tend to get sick easily and stay that way a long time usually). I had a couple of hours of aches, an hour of fever, a day of clammyness, and a bit of a runny nose. No fatigue, no cough, none of things people have reported here. For me, that booster was golden.

I know the antivax crowd will be here shortly to tell me how worthless it was, but I know it worked. I literally felt my body respond to that virus in a way that I've never felt it do with any other sickness. It was WELL worth the 15 minutes it took me to get the shot.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
amercer
AG
3rd Moderna knocked me out for a couple hours the next day, but wasn't as bad as the 2nd.
csnole
Got 2 Moderna shots - 1st no symptoms, 2nd felt fine until 24 hours after I somehow had horrible back spasms. I was super nervous to get booster even though I could not prove the vaccine caused my back to spasm. Got Booster in December with hardly any side effects (I didn't do anything strenuous for a few days after).
End Of Message
AG
As I understand it, the booster has zero to nominal worth on battling the more recent variants. I am not a doctor, but I would think very hard before injecting more of this stuff into your body.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
GAC06
AG
The vaccine side effects listed in this thread (other than the one with none) are all worse than my symptoms from actual covid. Obviously age and risk factors apply.
sweet00
Sounds terrible.
Forum Troll
AG
Had Moderna first 2 last January. Booster this past November. Nothing beyond the usual arm soreness which seemed lesser than the first time around.
Reload8098
AG
My wife works for Cigna and reads A LOT of information about the vaccines. We've all had covid twice (May '21, Jan '22). I took the Pfizer vaccine in September '21. My wife was setup to get vaccine when she wound up with Covid because of me. She will not be vaccinated. A good friends mom who wasn't overweight and in good health was vaccinated, boosted and died from Omicron. Doesn't really matter if the odds are low if you wind up being a statistic. I don't plan on taking the booster or anything else until more research is done. I'm a bigger believer in treatment than vaccines. At least for now.
sweet00
The thread got shorter?
FlyRod
Only a sore arm with first 2 doses (Moderna). God a full dose for 3rd shot in July...was sick for about 3 days.

My doctor, a pretty conservative doctor overall, just recommended that I get a 4th shot soon (6 month mark), the 1/2 dose actual booster.
HoustonAg12
AG
End Of Message said:

As I understand it, the booster has zero to nominal worth on battling the more recent variants. I am not a doctor, but I would think very hard before injecting more of this stuff into your body.
This.

12 year old kid in my neighborhood died days after getting the vaccine. Was playing outside, said he felt lightheaded then dropped dead.

One of my good friends had a healthy baby girl March of 2020. Got vaccinated as soon as she could after the shot came out. Has had nothing but miscarriages since.

My mother in law got the two shots for work. Was rarely ever sick in her life. Now seems to get sick once a month for a day or two.

Maybe these are all unrelated to the vaccine but I am never getting close to these shots....too many stories like this I am hearing and after having covid twice myself (mild and weak), its just not worth it IMHO...
The Fall Guy
AG
I am not pro or anti vax.. I am vaccinated. Have both shots and boosted. I have lived a normal life. No distancing. I know nobody who has died or been sick from the vaccination. Amazing how so many people know people that have dies or have been sick. Just an observation.
Leggo My Elko
AG
For the Pfizer, I had zero side effects other than a sore arm for a day or two.
FTAG 2000
AG
Just lost an employee and long time friend of mine to the Moderna booster.

Got violently sick roughly four weeks after the booster, went to the doc, diagnosed with a rare (1 in 10 million) cancer. They threw the kitchen sink at it (drugs, chemo, etc., even some right to try stuff). They passed this week.

Four months from boosted to dead.

Charpie
AG
Did the booster cause the cancer? Or did the fact he got the booster bring forward the cancer diagnosis?
The Fall Guy
AG
TexjbA&M said:

For the Pfizer, I had zero side effects other than a sore arm for a day or two.

Same here.

Nothing
01agtx
AG
So sorry to hear about this. I also had a friend diagnosed with cancer shortly after her 2nd shot.

Of course, no way to know for sure what caused it but the questions are there.
FTAG 2000
AG
Charpie said:

Did the booster cause the cancer? Or did the fact he got the booster bring forward the cancer diagnosis?
Doc is confident that the booster was the cause (or cumulation of original two + booster).

They were treated at Cedars-Sinai (LA) and the cancer doc even managed to bring in docs from Pfizer on it, was treated as a 'breakthrough case' as far as the vaccines causing this particular cancer.

I'm sure we'll get to read about it in 50 years when the info gets released.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Have neighbors next door after 2 shots and then boosted: He died in his sleep with clot to the heart two weeks after booster. She had gran mall seizure, stroke, then another seizure within a week after her booster. She has now been diagnosed with brain tumor, surgery to remove as much as they could, and now in chemo and radiation at MD Anderson.
Also have another friend that cannot move her arm after receiving her booster, and is having tests and MRI to determine what is going on. Her reaction was immediately after the booster and began at the site of the shot.
Have another friend that six days after his booster died of a massive heart attack. He had just passed his yearly physical with "flying colors". He was 52 years old.
This has all taken place in the last 3 months.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
B-1 83
AG
Never knew I had it. Easier than first 2 shots. Pfizer.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Picadillo
Boosters are same strength as original injection
TheMasterplan
I went to the ER the day after my booster due to chest pain. Got tested for myo and was all good - think it's just muscle inflammation as I've had this similar feeling before.

The ER doctor told me that they get 1 or more "young" people a day into the hospital complaining about chest pain after getting the booster.
Wakesurfer817
Mark Fairchild said:

Have neighbors next door after 2 shots and then boosted: He died in his sleep with clot to the heart two weeks after booster. She had gran mall seizure, stroke, then another seizure within a week after her booster. She has now been diagnosed with brain tumor, surgery to remove as much as they could, and now in chemo and radiation at MD Anderson.
Also have another friend that cannot move her arm after receiving her booster, and is having tests and MRI to determine what is going on. Her reaction was immediately after the booster and began at the site of the shot.
Have another friend that six days after his booster died of a massive heart attack. He had just passed his yearly physical with "flying colors". He was 52 years old.
This has all taken place in the last 3 months.
Sorry to hear about your friends and neighbors. I hope they recover quickly.

Everyone I know and work with is vaccinated and boosted. Nobody had any issues.
aggiegolfer03
AG
same age and I felt about the same as when I had the flu the last time. I just felt awful all weekend.
MooreTrucker
AG
None. Tired for a day or so. Nothing else.
slimjimsims
slimjimsims
AG
https://phmpt.org/pfizers-documents/

Side effects on last 9 pages
DrEvazanPhD
slimjimsims said:

What happened to the f16 thread on this?
Layne Staley
AG
HoustonAg12 said:

End Of Message said:

This.

12 year old kid in my neighborhood died days after getting the vaccine. Was playing outside, said he felt lightheaded then dropped dead.

One of my good friends had a healthy baby girl March of 2020. Got vaccinated as soon as she could after the shot came out. Has had nothing but miscarriages since.

My mother in law got the two shots for work. Was rarely ever sick in her life. Now seems to get sick once a month for a day or two.

Maybe these are all unrelated to the vaccine but I am never getting close to these shots....too many stories like this I am hearing and after having covid twice myself (mild and weak), its just not worth it IMHO...
I could add so much to this from my group of friends and family. I have lost more to the vaccines than covid and it breaks my heart. I would just wait a LONG time until getting a booster just due to the anecdotes. The blood clots, immune disorders, loss of hearing, loss of use of hands for a while (hello Eric Clapton) and death is very sad. We know Pfizer's court ordered release of adverse effects documents that came out this week would have been enough for a reasonable person to not ever think the reward was worth the risks.
MooreTrucker
AG
Layne Staley said:

HoustonAg12 said:

End Of Message said:

This.

I could add so much to this from my group of friends and family. I have lost more to the vaccines than covid and it breaks my heart. I would just wait a LONG time until getting a booster just due to the anecdotes. The blood clots, immune disorders, loss of hearing, loss of use of hands for a while (hello Eric Clapton) and death is very sad. We know Pfizer's court ordered release of adverse effects documents that came out this week would have been enough for a reasonable person to not ever think the reward was worth the risks.

Dad to hear these stories.

I and all of my family and extended family have been fully vaxxed and boosted with no ill effects at all.

Just lucky I guess.
GeographyAg
AG
Sadly, I've lost six people (including four family members) to Covid and don't know anyone who even had more than a very mild reaction to any of the shots.

I had one friend drop dead of an aneurysm the day after being diagnosed with Covid (delta), but everyone tells me that's dying "with" Covid not "from" Covid (even though she was thin and in excellent health up to that point).
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
slimjimsims
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

slimjimsims said:

They white washed it a little.
DrEvazanPhD
slimjimsims said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

slimjimsims said:

They white washed it a little.
Looks like its back. Minus some....irregularities?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.