Ivermectin - You Can't Tell Me It Doesn't Work

19,554 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by eric76
CSTXAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went skiing last week with the family. Started developing sore throat and low energy on or about Thursday, Decemeber 30th. Sore throat persisted and developed congestion along with brief bout of boarderline nausea on Sun, Jan 2nd. Returned home Mon Jan 3. Tested positive for Covid evening of Jan 3. Quarantined and took 54 mg of Ivermectin (200lb male) the morning of Jan 4. By evening of Jan 4, felt ever so slightly better. Repeated 54 mg of Ivermectin for five more days while quarantined - the morning of Jan 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Today is evening of Jan 9. Zero remaining symptoms. No sore throat, no congestion, energy back to normal.

Oh, and I took the J&J jab back on 8/27/21, not bc I wanted to but bc I had to travel to NY for a business mtg. So the 'vaccine' doesn't prevent you from contracting the virus. But Ivermectin sure helped me get over it.

Edit to add: The cost of my 54mg of Ivermectin for six days was ~$26.00.

The math:
I purchased 150 12mg tablets back in September of 2021 for $145 including shipping.
150 x 12 = 1800mg
$145 / 1800mg = $0.0805 / mg
6 days x 54 mg x $0.0805 = ~$26.10
Proposition Joe
Glad that you are feeling better.

No opinion on ivermectin one way or the other -- but feeling back to normal after 10 days of Omicron is from what I've read pretty standard.
Zobel
AG
Ok. I was vaccinated before you - spring of this year - got covid from my grandma on Dec 26. Fully recovered within three days, and went skiing this week (snow was great, by the way). I did not take ivermectin. Looks like I saved $145. In fact since I recovered more quickly than you, maybe ivermectin made it worse?

You have no way to know the impact of ivermectin on your disease course. That's why this is not how evidence is gathered for medicine. You use controlled trials, randomized, and double-blinded. And when people do that, ivermectin doesn't help.
theeyetest
No more symptoms on day 7.

No Ivermectin and no vaccine. Just took vitamin D, C, and zinc every day starting on day 2.
CSTXAg92
AG
Zobel said:

Ok. I was vaccinated before you - spring of this year - got covid from my grandma on Dec 26. Fully recovered within three days, and went skiing this week (snow was great, by the way). I did not take ivermectin. Looks like I saved $145. In fact since I recovered more quickly than you, maybe ivermectin made it worse?

You have no way to know the impact of ivermectin on your disease course. That's why this is not how evidence is gathered for medicine. You use controlled trials, randomized, and double-blinded. And when people do that, ivermectin doesn't help.
Awesome. Glad you did so well. Curious, what day did you test positive for Covid - or do you just think you had it?
Zobel
AG
Tested positive on Tuesday, along with five other family members who were there. Womp womp. Grandma and Grandpa are both fine, fortunately.
setsmachine
AG
It would be one thing if you took ivermectin and two hours later you magically felt amazing (still would be just another anecdote though, wouldn't be scientifically convincing), but you gradually got better over the course of 5 days. Sounds about right.

Placebo effects are real.
Your body's immune system was continually working to fight the virus.
You did other things to help yourself heal (resting, for example)

I don't know if Ivermectin is effective, but this is why randomized controlled trials are so important.
CSTXAg92
AG
Zobel said:

Tested positive on Tuesday, along with five other family members who were there. Womp womp. Grandma and Grandpa are both fine, fortunately.
Congratulations. Glad you and the GPs are doing well.
coolerguy12
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Glad that you are feeling better.

No opinion on ivermectin one way or the other -- but feeling back to normal after 10 days of Omicron is from what I've read pretty standard.

Yeah this proves nothing, and I'm in the camp of, I think ivermectin could help and there is no downside to taking it.

I started symptoms on the 27th and was back to normal other than taste being off by the 1st. Didn't take anything except some cold and flu Tylenol for the knot that my back had tied itself in.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Totally anecdotal, but of the 3 folks in my immediate family who got it at this time last year, only one was prescribed ivermectin (we have diff PCPs) while the other 2 got a zpack and steroids. The ivermectin patient recovered far faster than the other two and her recovery synced with the first dose. And by fast, I mean symptom free in 2 days and well enough to pass a covid test in 7 days, vs the other 2 were sick for over a week. Possibly fluke. Possibly due to other factors, although we are all super fit with zero comorbidities. Possibly not. But it was curious to see
MemorialTXAg
CSTXAg92 said:

Went skiing last week with the family. Started developing sore throat and low energy on or about Thursday, Decemeber 30th. Sore throat persisted and developed congestion along with brief bout of boarderline nausea on Sun, Jan 2nd. Returned home Mon Jan 3. Tested positive for Covid evening of Jan 3. Quarantined and took 54 mg of Ivermectin (200lb male) the morning of Jan 4. By evening of Jan 4, felt ever so slightly better. Repeated 54 mg of Ivermectin for five more days while quarantined - the morning of Jan 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Today is evening of Jan 9. Zero remaining symptoms. No sore throat, no congestion, energy back to normal.

Oh, and I took the J&J jab back on 8/27/21, not bc I wanted to but bc I had to travel to NY for a business mtg. So the 'vaccine' doesn't prevent you from contracting the virus. But Ivermectin sure helped me get over it.

The math:
I purchased 150 12mg tablets back in September of 2021 for $145 including shipping.
150 x 12 = 1800mg

This is your logical reasoning? Majority of cases are asymptomatic. What you are describing is a fully expected outcome for about 99% of population without ivermectin.
MemorialTXAg
I ate an orange the day I tested positive and developed no symptoms. You can't tell me that was coincidence.
snowdog90
I got covid late last Thursday, I'm unvaxed. Started taking ivermectin immediately. Felt bad for maybe 12 hours. Took some acetaminophen to relieve aches, then was able to sleep a few hours. Since then, I've been taking ivermectin and otc stuff, and I'm relatively symptom-free.

Whether it's the ivermectin or not, if this is what covid is for me, I don't need a vaccine. And assuming I survive, I damn sure don't need a vaccine.
snowdog90
Octavarium said:

CSTXAg92 said:

The math:
150 x 12 = 1800mg

This is your logical reasoning? Majority of cases are asymptomatic. What you are describing is a fully expected outcome for about 99% of population without ivermectin.

So why have a vaccine for it?
Teslag
AG
Not everyone is in perfect health and for those people it can be a life saver
Gilligan
AG
snowdog90 said:

I got covid late last Thursday, I'm unvaxed. Started taking ivermectin immediately. Felt bad for maybe 12 hours. Took some acetaminophen to relieve aches, then was able to sleep a few hours. Since then, I've been taking ivermectin and otc stuff, and I'm relatively symptom-free.

Whether it's the ivermectin or not, if this is what covid is for me, I don't need a vaccine. And assuming I survive, I damn sure don't need a vaccine.

Since you're unvaxxed, please give convalescent plasma.

I was giving every two weeks until I got the jab and was told I can't give C Plasma anymore since the jab.
curry97
AG
Took Ivermectin, but still ended up in the hospital with Covid pneumonia.
snowdog90
curry97 said:

Sorry that happened, that sucks. The same can be said for people who got the vaccine and ended up in the hospital. Nothing is 100%, and covid is wildly different for different people. I'm just totally against mandating the covid vaccines. Everybody should be totally free to choose how they battle covid.
snowdog90
Gilligan said:

snowdog90 said:

Since you're unvaxxed, please give convalescent plasma.

I was giving every two weeks until I got the jab and was told I can't give C Plasma anymore since the jab.

I will look into this, assuming I survive, and I am doing well so far, but I'm on the road a lot with not much time to find a place to donate in whatever random town i might be in. This is a very good suggestion, though, and I should try to help if possible.
Gordo14
snowdog90 said:

curry97 said:

Sorry that happened, that sucks. The same can be said for people who got the vaccine and ended up in the hospital. Nothing is 100%, and covid is wildly different for different people. I'm just totally against mandating the covid vaccines. Everybody should be totally free to choose how they battle covid.

Except we have an abundance of data that the vaccine is very effective at preventing hospitalization... And outside of countries with endemic parasites the data for ivermectin suggests it has no effect on hospitalization.
Proposition Joe
Seems to be a large influx of posters coming onto the forum specifically to let us know they got/go-over Covid but somehow also wanting to spike the football on not being vaxxed or their alternative/lack-of treatment.

Cool.

Save for a few, the majority of posters in here really only care if you're vaxxed simply so that you don't run into any detrimental covid issues - If you got over it with no vax, great! The majority of posters in here really only dissuade against ivermeticin because they don't believe it will help you get better or think it could harm you -- if you recovered with it (or believe you did), great!

There's a certain posting style that is in vogue on other forums and it seems like some are downright surprised when they usually aren't met with the same combativeness here -- and typically only get annoyed when conversation is constantly shifted that direction.

Most of us don't care who you voted for and don't care if you used the peanut butter solution to beat covid.
wsteed311
AG
Guys, there are plenty of studies and clinical trails of ivermectin. Read some of the FLCCC data and protocols. There is a reason ivermectin is one of the first line treatments they have been recommending for quite awhile........https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/
snowdog90
Gordo14 said:

snowdog90 said:

curry97 said:

Except we have an abundance of data that the vaccine is very effective at preventing hospitalization... And outside of countries with endemic parasites the data for ivermectin suggests it has no effect on hospitalization.

There's data showing lots of results, good and bad, for vaccines. There's tons of data showing ivermectin works. You reject this data. Fine. What I said remains true.

I'm just totally against mandating the covid vaccines. Everybody should be totally free to choose how they battle covid.
Diyala Nick
AG
You would never know that A&M has a pretty elite statistics department by reading this thread.
Teslag
AG
Diyala Nick said:

You would never know that A&M has a pretty elite statistics department by reading this thread.

Proposition Joe
Diyala Nick said:

Can they hit free throws?
blacksox
snowdog90 said:

Octavarium said:

CSTXAg92 said:

The math:
150 x 12 = 1800mg

So why have a vaccine for it?

Because 1% of 750,000 people per day is a very large number.
Philip J Fry
AG
But it isn't 1%. It's much less than 1%.
CondensedFogAggie
Diyala Nick said:

Yeah they don't play around. I know this firsthand.

To be fair, anecdotes, under the right circumstances, when it hits certain numbers, can have statistical significance, but hell no this situation isn't one of them.
Petrino1
curry97 said:

Just curious, did you take the pills or the horse paste?
Windy City Ag
AG
My family all had an incredibly mild case of Omicron that consisted of a few days of congestion and mild scratchy throat. No ivermectin use but all were vaccinated and my wife and I were boosted.

So I don't think you can make any sort of conclusions.
GAC06
AG
I also got the JJ shot back in August. I got covid right after thanksgiving and tested positive. I took nothing at all for it but I did drink a fair amount of bourbon while staying home. Worst symptom by far was loss of smell.

You can't tell me bourbon doesn't work!
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
One of these days y'all are going to realize that the ivermectin conversation is often a troll; that arises from how annoyed some of you make the rest of us with your cloth masks at the grocery store lol.
Teslag
AG
Or many of us realize that neither masks nor ivermectin work.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

I also got the JJ shot back in August. I got covid right after thanksgiving and tested positive. I took nothing at all for it but I did drink a fair amount of bourbon while staying home. Worst symptom by far was loss of smell.

You can't tell me bourbon doesn't work!
Because it was that time year and I love the brown water, I am pretty sure I drank through every night of my illness prior to testing positive.

It is an age old elixir.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.