I'm giving my natural immunity a test

7,398 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aginlakeway
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At some point people have got to live their lives.
Teslag
AG
Charpie said:

At some point people have got to live their lives.
itsyourboypookie
Been to their house everyday this weekend.

Still feel fine.

I'll take a test tomorrow before going to the office to make sure I'm not rona'ed
SeanAg05
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Friend and his wife have rona. Helped them with some things last night.

Going over this morning to help with some more things.

Caught rona in January. Took ivermectin and was symptom free 48 hours later.

Going to see if this natural immunity needs a booster, or if I'm fine. Will report back here and let y'all know.

I will one up you. Had the Rona in October 2020. Son and wife just had it one after the other. Around them for 2 weeks straight, getting coughed on, sleeping in same bed as wife, etc. Never got a symptom.

You slept with your son's wife?
Spurswin5
TarponChaser said:

bay fan said:

Stay away from your grand parents for a few weeks.
If they're vaccinated why does it matter?

Here's a hint- IT DOESN'T!

If the vaccines were 100% effective I would agree, they are not

Lost a good friend last week: age 62, was fully vaxxed, no co-morbidities that we know of. Went on vacation to Asheville end of July, hospitalized Aug 8 upon his return to Atlanta, died early Sept

He did have Ciliac disease which isn't a listed co-morbidity, but is an autoimmune disease

Wanted to respond to see if others have learned more about increased risn due to Covid because of Ciliac disease.

So coking full circle, if you have grandparents who are at risk, sadly the vaccine isn't going to be a "magic pill" for them.

Another good friend's mom is 78 and in great health
Travels the world alone
The lock downs almost killed her

She said she would rather go out with Covid then watch her last years cooped up and. Not go anywhere
And she is vaxxed

I agree with that attitude too
ChemEAg08
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Still feel fine.

I'll take a test tomorrow before going to the office to make sure I'm not rona'ed

And…..!
bay fan
S
Doesn't it take 3-7 days to become positive?
Sims
AG
Spurswin5 said:

TarponChaser said:

bay fan said:

Lost a good friend last week: age 62, was fully vaxxed, no co-morbidities that we know of. Went on vacation to Asheville end of July, hospitalized Aug 8 upon his return to Atlanta, died early Sept

He did have Ciliac disease which isn't a listed co-morbidity, but is an autoimmune disease

Wanted to respond to see if others have learned more about increased risn due to Covid because of Ciliac disease.

So coking full circle, if you have grandparents who are at risk, sadly the vaccine isn't going to be a "magic pill" for them.

Travels the world alone

She said she would rather go out with Covid then watch her last years cooped up and. Not go anywhere
And she is vaxxed

Isn't celiac associated with anemia? I would think anemia and Covid are not friends.
KidDoc
AG
Celiac is a weird mix. It is an allergy to gluten that doesn't cause hives or itching but causes autoimmune destruction of the intestinal lining resulting in malabsorption and possible malnutrition. It isn't usually treated with immunosuppressive (as opposed to ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease) so if you are very very clean in your gluten free diet then it should not be an issue with COVID. If you are a bit sloppy with your diet over time then the chronic malnutrition is likely a risk factor.

Age 63 is a risk factor by itself though even with vaccine. I believe the booster is currently for 65+ but this makes me wonder when and what vaccine this poor 63 year old received and if this is one of the cases of breakthrough due to waning immunity like Israel has struggled with.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TarponChaser
KidDoc said:

Celiac is a weird mix. It is an allergy to gluten that doesn't cause hives or itching but causes autoimmune destruction of the intestinal lining resulting in malabsorption and possible malnutrition. It isn't usually treated with immunosuppressive (as opposed to ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease) so if you are very very clean in your gluten free diet then it should not be an issue with COVID. If you are a bit sloppy with your diet over time then the chronic malnutrition is likely a risk factor.

Age 63 is a risk factor by itself though even with vaccine. I believe the booster is currently for 65+ but this makes me wonder when and what vaccine this poor 63 year old received and if this is one of the cases of breakthrough due to waning immunity like Israel has struggled with.
What about the inflammation caused by celiac and covid itself feeding off each other?
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Spurswin5 said:

TarponChaser said:

bay fan said:

Travels the world alone

And she is vaxxed

Amen, my 90 y/o grandma has same outlook. She wasn't about to spend a year plus obeying orders from the overlords to stay indoors alone and away from family. She would much rather go out with virus than spend these years alone and depressed in isolation.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
KidDoc
AG
TarponChaser said:

KidDoc said:

What about the inflammation caused by celiac and covid itself feeding off each other?
No evidence for that so far.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hbtheduce
AG
Your grandmother could die if she leaves the house!! China had the right policy IMO. Just weld people into their homes for their own safety.

Interestingly, i wonder how many old people in China were schroedinger humans. If they had covid and welded in their apartment. Were they both alive and dead at the same time? A creative way for the cdc to boost our death numbers.
TarponChaser
KidDoc said:

TarponChaser said:

KidDoc said:

No evidence for that so far.
FWIW- I meant that as a question of "could this be happening?"
nhamp07
AG
He must have tested positive.

Too quiet now for someone bragging about it.
RockOn
welp, wish him the best.
PJYoung
AG
Not cool to leave us in the dark like this.
Post removed:
by user
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Vaxxed people almost hoping he had a severe, but not fatal case so they can spike the football? Hopefully that's not at all what I am sensing on here. Leave that to the Hollyweird libs and social media trolls.

Sorry, I've seen so much of that sh** I have grown jaded.
aTm2004
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Vaxxed people almost hoping he had a severe, but not fatal case so they can spike the football? Hopefully that's not at all what I am sensing on here. Leave that to the Hollyweird libs and social media trolls.

Sorry, I've seen so much of that sh** I have grown jaded.

Gut feeling tends to be right.
PJYoung
AG
aginlakeway
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Still feel fine.

Did you take the test?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.