Outdoor transmission

7,750 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by El Chupacabra
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone who asks you or "requires" you to wear a mask outside is a ****ing moron. End of thread.
Ribbed Paultz
bigtruckguy3500 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

Outdoor mask wearing is the worst of all of the covid virtue signals

It speaks volumes about the individual doing it
What volumes does it speak about the individual wearing it?

Personally I think not everyone is trying to virtue signal. Not everyone that wears a mask or refrains from engaging in life as normal is living in fear. Some people that wear the mask outdoors may be fearful of a passing interaction, and may simply not know any better. Others may do it out of convenience. I frequently wear my mask walking outdoors from building to building, or driving short distances between places that require masks. I'm sure there are people that see me in my car wearing my mask by myself and are thinking I'm an idiot or I'm virtue signalling to random strangers, but I don't care.

I think people that get triggered by others wearing masks speaks volumes about them. J/k. But seriously, just move on and stop judging everyone.

Sorry for the rant.

AMEN!
MouthBQ98
AG
If you can breathe well while engaged in physical exhertion in a mask, you have useless levels of particle filtration or are getting huge seal leakage around the edges of the mask, both of which render it effectively useless as an inhibitor of respiratory virus particle exhalation. The mask is catching virtually none of the particles, and the shape of the cloud of exhaled particles around your face is only changed in an insignificant way relative to your motion in dragging that cloud about you as you move and breathe. It is the density of that cloud of particles, the density of virus particles within it, and the duration of exposure and dispersion over distance that matter.

The reason the public isn't properly informed about how useless most masks are in most situations is simply that they don't want to panic the neurotic that use them as an emotional security device, and they want the visible reminder there to also remind people to physical and social distance, which mathematically IS what reduces the statistical odds of spreading a respiratory virus.

We need to be able to dump the masks. We're all sufficiently conditioned to distance now. The masks are generally useless theatrics.
MouthBQ98
AG
Frankly, we need fewer doctors and more biologists, engineers, and physicists working this problem. Doctors are all fine and well at expertise with what happens to these viral particles within the body and as they are inhaled and exhaled, but in the environment between persons is the realm of fluid dynamics and particle physics and environmental conditions that are better suited to experts in those fields, which medical doctors generally are not.
itsyourboypookie
bigtruckguy3500 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

Outdoor mask wearing is the worst of all of the covid virtue signals

It speaks volumes about the individual doing it
What volumes does it speak about the individual wearing it?

Personally I think not everyone is trying to virtue signal. Not everyone that wears a mask or refrains from engaging in life as normal is living in fear. Some people that wear the mask outdoors may be fearful of a passing interaction, and may simply not know any better. Others may do it out of convenience. I frequently wear my mask walking outdoors from building to building, or driving short distances between places that require masks. I'm sure there are people that see me in my car wearing my mask by myself and are thinking I'm an idiot or I'm virtue signalling to random strangers, but I don't care.

I think people that get triggered by others wearing masks speaks volumes about them. J/k. But seriously, just move on and stop judging everyone.

Sorry for the rant.

If you never wear a mask, you'll never wear a mask outdoors
West Point Aggie
AG
I have not worn a mask outdoors once and no one has said a thing to me...it comes off the second I exit a building and has been the case dating back to last March/April.

Maybe I was given dirty looks unbeknownst to me, it whatever.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Capitol Ag
AG
beerad12man said:

I agree with everything he tweeted except the part about reducing the length, frequency and intensity of exercise. That's straight blasphemy I tell ya!

I trained at Destination Dallas this weekend. Not one trainee masking and everyone working hard as hell. Always a fantastic environment to train in. Humbling and awesome at the same time. This gym has never required masks. And they were right not to.
El Chupacabra
West Point Aggie said:

I have not worn a mask outdoors once and no one has said a thing to me...it comes off the second I exit a building and has been the case dating back to last March/April.

Maybe I was given dirty looks unbeknownst to me, it whatever.
Thankfully where I live the whole mask charade has been subdued throughout the last year+, and is all but gone now.

We have to wear them at work at certain times, but when I hit the door Friday, it goes in the trash and I don't put it on until I come back in Monday. I've been attending multiple, maskless super spreader events lately, it's glorious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.