"Migrants" with COVID

1,443 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do their numbers count against a state's numbers?
RockOn
I would think if someone were visiting from Oklahoma, and they tested positive in Texas.... it would be counted as a Texas case.

I dont think the states or countries are calling each other up and saying "hey you got a case down here"
BadMoonRisin
AG
No cases if you dont test 'em!
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
ORAggieFan
The girls housed in the convention center are not counting for San Diego County. I had this concern and discussed with a County Supervisor. I'm assuming it's state to state on counting though. All our policies are at the county level, so I don't care much about state counting.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
RockOn said:

I would think if someone were visiting from Oklahoma, and they tested positive in Texas.... it would be counted as a Texas case.

I dont think the states or countries are calling each other up and saying "hey you got a case down here"

I think OP is asking about migrants, not citizens from other states.
speck
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

No cases if you dont test 'em!
I know McAllen is testing them, but they may be the only site in the state doing so.

Isn't this similar to the undercounting allegations in Florida? That they didn't count "snow birds" who were out-of-state residents?
RGV AG
AG
I believe the only ones being tested in McAllen are the ones going to the NGO/Charity shelters in the city of McAllen. The BP buddies I have tell me that the big intake processing centers are not testing for Covid and there are a lot of them that are being released without documentation and paperwork so doubt testing is taking place there if they aren't really registering them.

The BP resources, according to the guys I know and from what I see on the highways, are being used to process, hold, segregate, and transport the illegals. The numbers are really daunting.
Donny Hall
Its not easy to find data on this.
ramblin_ag02
AG
RockOn said:

Actually, that's what happened in Texas. Positive cases were counted by home address. If someone who tested positive in our hospital has a home address in San Angelo, then that case counts against their numbers and not ours. However, inmates and jail patients count against our numbers even if they are not from here, picked up recently, or recently transferred. So I imagine any migrants in custody would be counted at the location they are housed. I have no clue how they count migrants not in custody, but I would guess they use their last used address.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.