Montgomery County vaccine site open to anyone 16+

5,126 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BowSowy
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They need to disband these vaccine hubs. Let the pharmacies handle it.
TXTransplant
You'd think they would have improved their efficiency with each passing week. Instead, they had fewer volunteers, and they still had to take my DL and input all of my information into a computer system, despite the fact that they already did this 3 weeks ago.

I got the shot from St. Luke's. That site also does shots via the Lonestar something or other. The Lonestar people weren't there today, but I guess some days both Lonestar and St. Luke's are there.

I was telling someone I know who volunteers with the Lonestar group, and she was surprised at how inefficient it was, especially the computer input. Evidently Lonestar skips that step.
TXTransplant
Alright, some additional info, if you got poked at this site.

Both Lonestar Family Health (or something like that) and St Luke's give shots here. But Lonestar is not there every day (the volunteers go to other locations other days of the week). This week, Lonestar was only at the site on Tuesday. I'm not sure if that's the same every week.

So, if you got your first shot on a Tuesday, you might have gotten it from Lonestar. So, you probably need to go back for your second shot on a Tuesday. Lonestar also seems to be communicating with people about their return appt better than St Luke's is (a colleague who got the shot from Lonestar got an email about her 2nd appt).

The reason it's important to make sure you stay with the same provide is because they don't always give the same shot. I got Pfizer from St Luke's. My colleague got Moderna from Lonestar. I would hate for someone to show up on the wrong day and wait in a long line only to find out the correct dose isn't available.

Don't know why they can't communicate this info more clearly, but I'm just glad I'm over and done with the vaccine (for now).
Noble07
AG
Sounds like this site is no longer needed. I got my shot at a CVS location. With everything I was out of there in 30 minutes. If I hadn't gone with them, I could've gotten the Pfizer vaccine through my Methodist primary care office.
TXTransplant
Noble07 said:

Sounds like this site is no longer needed. I got my shot at a CVS location. With everything I was out of there in 30 minutes. If I hadn't gone with them, I could've gotten the Pfizer vaccine through my Methodist primary care office.

Will places like CVS give you shot #2 if you got #1 somewhere else? If not, it's got to stay open until the thousands of people who got shot #1 can get #2.
Old Army
AG
Got my Pfizer shot there 2 weeks ago due to this thread. Go back next week (Thursday) for my second. My wife also went here through work (education) and got Moderna. Both on Thursday. She said on the second shot they had separate lines for people getting their first or second shots, and was in and out within 30 minutes. Don't know what changed from last Thursday to yesterday, but hopefully they get it figured out soon.
BowSowy
AG
TXTransplant said:

Noble07 said:

Will places like CVS give you shot #2 if you got #1 somewhere else? If not, it's got to stay open until the thousands of people who got shot #1 can get #2.
Yes
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.