Montgomery County vaccine site open to anyone 16+

5,127 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BowSowy
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Woodforest Stadium vaccination site in Montgomery County is open to anyone 16+ who wants a vaccine starting at 1 pm every day, no appointment needed.

This is Mon-Fri. They encourage people to come as close to 1 pm as possible since they don't know how many vaccines they will have on any given day. If you show up later in the day/evening, they might not have any left.

I got my first dose today (Pfizer).
OwlAg13
AG
Good to know. Did they schedule your second shot as well?
TXTransplant
Not formally. There was a sign up saying everyone who got poked today should come back on April 7. They are supposed to follow up with an email.

I got there a little after 2 pm and it took about an hour, including the observation period after the poke.
aginlakeway
AG
TXTransplant said:

Not formally. There was a sign up saying everyone who got poked today should come back on April 7. They are supposed to follow up with an email.

I got there a little after 2 pm and it took about an hour, including the observation period after the poke.

They also call that cuddling.
Old Army
AG
Are they taking appointments (know you said you just showed up)? I got on the waiting list a while back, and have not heard anything yet (don't meet any of the requirements for any of the groups). Wondering if I should try again or just roll the dice and show up.
I Am A Critic

Quote:

The Woodforest Stadium vaccination site in Montgomery County is open to anyone 16+ who wants a vaccine starting at 1 pm every day, no appointment needed.
Unemployed
AG
Montgomery County residents only or open to all?
TXTransplant
Old Army said:

Are they taking appointments (know you said you just showed up)? I got on the waiting list a while back, and have not heard anything yet (don't meet any of the requirements for any of the groups). Wondering if I should try again or just roll the dice and show up.

They aren't taking appointments if you don't qualify under 1a, b, or c. You literally do have to just show up. After 1 pm.
TXTransplant
RealTalk said:

Montgomery County residents only or open to all?

I actually live in Harris Co (work in MoCo). They looked at my DL and let me proceed.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thank you for sharing!
OwlAg13
AG
In at 1:05 and done by 1:40. Thanks!
TXTransplant
So glad I could help!
CDub06
AG
Is this new policy officially documented anywhere?
TXTransplant
CDub06 said:

Is this new policy officially documented anywhere?

Not as far as I know. The MoCo website has been inaccurate/unreliable this entire time. Their appointment sign up is through the Lone Star Family Health Center. If you don't meet the current criteria, it will not let you make an appointment and there is no waitlist.

I believe St. Luke's is affiliated with this site, too, and they do have a waitlist, but IDK how or when they are following up.

I imagine this is word of mouth/not documented for two reasons: 1) they don't want a rush of people showing up and 2) they are giving the vaccine to people who are "technically" not eligible, yet.

But they have extra vaccine. They started doing this on Fridays, and now they've extended it to every day (M-F).

I was nervous when I went yesterday, but it's real. They are vaccinating anyone who wants a vaccine, no appt necessary, as long as you show up at 1 pm or later.

I imagine they could change this at anytime, but for now, they have more vaccines than they do people with appointments. No sense in them going to waste.
LostInLA07
AG
Co worker, wife (both under 50) and 16yo kid all got shots today and the Montgomery County site. They said no wait.
CDub06
AG
I remember the last time they tried doing vaccinations w/o appointments for just 1a and 1b and the roads shut down due to all the traffic. I guess they're keeping this tighter to avoid that situation.
Soup93
AG
Do any Montgomery County people know if this is going on again this week?

Thanks
LostInLA07
AG
I suspect it is. I know several people who were able to get a shot by showing up around 2 or 3PM throughout last week. CVS also has quite a few appointments open right now.
cbminers
AG
A friend went up there at 1:00 today and wasn't able to get in. Couldn't tell if they were setting up additional tents or taking the facility down. Anybody else hearing anything?
TXTransplant
Can't imagine they are taking it down. They were telling everyone last week to come back in three weeks for follow up shots. Maybe just reorganizing.
Soup93
AG
I didn't go but thanks for all the updates.
Old Army
AG
Went by there on Monday as I was in the area for work. They looked closed, but they were setting up cones for traffic control while I was there. This was around 3:30 or so. Haven't been back by to see if they have opened up. This was the same traffic control they had in place last week (went by Friday, but it was packed), so assuming they have started back again. But not 100% sure.
regurkmatt
Has anyone tried to get an afternoon shot this week?
LostInLA07
AG
Try CVS.com
Old Army
AG
For those still wondering, they are doing shots this week. Got mine yesterday afternoon around 3:30. All in all, took about 45 minutes including the 15 minute after shot wait. It moved very quickly. The EMT who administered the shot told me they are expecting it to get real busy next week. Just a heads up.
94chem
LostInLA07 said:

Try CVS.com
Just signed up. Lied about my health status so it would open up appointments. Got one for next week when I'm "legal."
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Romello
They are doing it today.
regurkmatt
We went this morning at 9:00 am; in and out in 55 minutes.
OwlAg13
AG
Anyone been back to get their second dose yet? I'm a little anxious that round 2 will go as smoothly as round 1, and I'm not exactly sure what time to show up for my "scheduled second dose."
TXTransplant
OwlAg13 said:

Anyone been back to get their second dose yet? I'm a little anxious that round 2 will go as smoothly as round 1, and I'm not exactly sure what time to show up for my "scheduled second dose."

I'm supposed to go tomorrow. St. Luke's called me this past weekend with a robo-call telling me to show up at 3 pm.
TXTransplant
Ugh...just got here, and the line is backed up all the way to 45. I was told to come at this time, so I'm pretty annoyed. Let's see how long it takes me to get to the first check in point.
OwlAg13
AG
Yikes, I was afraid of that. I got the call to come at 1:40 tomorrow.
TXTransplant
OwlAg13 said:

Yikes, I was afraid of that. I got the call to come at 1:40 tomorrow.

Took over 30 min just to get to the entrance of the stadium. And it's three rows of vehicles bumper to bumper.

I wish I'd come earlier.

To rub it in, I'm behind a Tahoe with Oregon plates.

Edited to add: they are marking cars differently, so I think they are distinguishing between those who have "appointments" and those who don't. But the line narrows from three cars to one, and there is a bottleneck.

I've been here an hour and fifteen and still haven't curved to the left towards the tents, but I'm close.
deadbq03
AG
I got my first there last week and those times are similar to what I experienced.

Add to that, they ran out of Pfizer while I was there. I got the last shot in my tent. I overheard them saying they were waiting on a shipment of Moderna. During the time I was in the 15 minute post-shot waiting line, no shots were administered behind me. No idea how long they waited.

Not looking forward to getting my second.
TXTransplant
About an hour and a half to get poked. Trying to get out now. They have us corralled like cattle.

They don't have nearly as many volunteers as when I was here 3 weeks ago. Less than half as many, I would guess.

Looks like they are making people wait the full 15 min, too. I didn't have to do that with my first shot.

Based on the time stamp they wrote on my car, I'm going to end up waiting more than 15 min. This is dumb.

The lead cars won't budge until the National Guard volunteer tells them to go. They have to be past their 15 minute waiting period.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.