A rough week......

7,348 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Born&Raised
cc_ag92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm glad you checked in to vent/rant. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. I'm sorry that it is wearing on you and that this nightmare is continuing.
Thank you for all that you are doing.
VanZandt92
The South Africa variant has me quite worried because of increased fitness of the virus. At first I thought the science wasn't settled but this strain will become the new dominant strain and the evidence is that it spreads quite easily. The cases detected so far are in South Carolina but that means it's already spreading. Our hospital is doing well on capacity but this has had me thinking all day. We had hit a plateau but I'm not sure if this one explodes. There are few precautions taken societally in South Carolina .
Born&Raised
VanZandt92 said:

The South Africa variant has me quite worried because of increased fitness of the virus. At first I thought the science wasn't settled but this strain will become the new dominant strain and the evidence is that it spreads quite easily. The cases detected so far are in South Carolina but that means it's already spreading. Our hospital is doing well on capacity but this has had me thinking all day. We had hit a plateau but I'm not sure if this one explodes. There are few precautions taken societally in South Carolina .

The REAL question - which would really screw us is... what happens if this variant reinfects those with COVID antibodies. All those millions... 50-75m who have gotten it are walking around (and 400,000 or are not - God rest their souls) Thinking they are 'good'... then are hit with this.

If it can seem immune to antibody treatments and the vaccines are not as strong - as seen by J&J - then what?

I mean - what the hell... just let it ripe at that point and get a booster when you can. Because people are fed up and I have seen people just 'trying' to get it so they can be done with it.

Knew an overweight guy and his wife (young but diabetic) who threw in the towel and just went over people's houses until they got it.

So far they are ok but the husband is doing worse than than wife.

All those people that stayed locked up just waiting for the vaccine... now are done and ready to YOLO.

Which means people like MARCUS and his staff x every hospital all over the The country that was overwhelmed without large public sporting events etc - are gonna be looking down the barrel of summer basbeball - fall football and Christmas and New Years with everyone just saying "Fit". They were screwed before - what now?

This won't be good...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.