Soreness in legs

1,425 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ETFan
The Kraken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Age early 50's. Symptoms began 1/8 like typical flu..mild fever, body aches and chills. PCR test from 1/9 came back positive. Had a couple of nights where I found sleeping difficult but by 1/11 most of my symptoms were gone..just felt low energy for the next week. Pretty much free and clear now.

The last couple of days I've had issues with soreness/tightness in both legs...from the middle of my thigh extending through the back of my knees to the calf. Feels fine standing up, but sitting down or trying to sleep they are uncomfortable. Massaging seems to help. Any way the soreness is related?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
SpringAg92
I asked the same question in the Got COVID thread. I'm 50. I had pretty severe pain in my glutes traveling down my legs that started during week 2. Tylenol did not seem to help. I had some large ice pads (larger and somewhat flat) that I rotated for about 4 days. I put them under my rear end and under my legs. Only thing that seemed to help. Prior to having that pain I had about 2 days of numbness in my limbs. After the pain subsided I started to deal with weakness and being off balance. I am a month and a half in and still wobbly when I walk.

My PCP did order ultrasounds on my legs as COVID can cause clotting. They did not reveal any clotting. I was already on a baby aspirin regimen so I am not sure if that helped.

I hope your issues resolve soon and you do not have the ongoing issues I am experiencing.

Side note: I have a co worker in her 30s who went through the same thing. Her doctor also ordered ultrasounds (she had no clots). She recovered more quickly.
cc_ag92
AG
Just talked to my 65yo uncle who had Covid early December. He's experienced sciatica and resulting leg pain since then. There's no clear cut connection, but they haven't been able to identify any other reason.
Petrino1
New World Ag said:

Age early 50's. Symptoms began 1/8 like typical flu..mild fever, body aches and chills. PCR test from 1/9 came back positive. Had a couple of nights where I found sleeping difficult but by 1/11 most of my symptoms were gone..just felt low energy for the next week. Pretty much free and clear now.

The last couple of days I've had issues with soreness/tightness in both legs...from the middle of my thigh extending through the back of my knees to the calf. Feels fine standing up, but sitting down or trying to sleep they are uncomfortable. Massaging seems to help. Any way the soreness is related?

Muscle aches/pains are a common covid symptom. A lot of others on texags have experienced the same thing.

Ive had lingering covid symptoms for 7 months and I know whenever the symptoms are about to come because I get that same soreness in my leg. It goes from my upper thigh, to lower back, to shoulders, to my neck. Everyday the pain switches to a different part of my body, and sometimes it hurts so bad that it's hard to walk. Very very annoying.

I'm Otherwise a mid 30's healthy male.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Had crazy soreness in my calves, but towards the beginning of my symptoms. I workout pretty regularly and the soreness was like nothing I've ever experienced. So so strange.
SnowboardAg
AG
First 3 nights I had really bad knee pain. Couldn't sleep well bc the knees hurt so bad. Almost like your knees were being pulled on in the opposite direction. Never got ultrasound though
cbminers
AG
Don't sleep on the DVT issue. Smart to get it checked out just in case.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3123965
ETFan
I'll second the DVT check.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.