"Cases" per day

1,435 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PerpetualLurker
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this still be calculated the same way? Specifically, if someone where to get tested on MWF those tests still count a "1" for each day?

It does seem that the need to test has become more "responsible" in the fact that the CDC says you don't have to retest and that should decrease the extraneous positive tests.

With no true patient tracking for tests, how can anyone say that they are "cases" and not just positive tests?

I know I will get MSM!!! MSM!!! but this is something that I was wondering if something had changed because at our facility, community hospital, I am not aware of true patient test tracking unless it is being done on the backside and stratified against a database
ShinerDunk93
AG
CDC testing policies and guidelines are built on the idea of surveillance and later analysis. The way they do it is not meant to be for operational responses or adapting public policy. The foundation for all of their data collection is just to determine the extent of the spread.

For some reason, 9 months into this we still have not been able to parse or create data that is useful for day-to-day tactical plans. Instead we get the results of a PCR test that is oversensitive for actual infectious diagnosis and creates positives results for people who no longer/not sick or spreading.
bdgol07
AG
So.....nothing has changed and we are still getting positive tests reported as cases? Seems logical and a SUPER accurate way to dictate lives
PerpetualLurker
bdgol07 said:

So.....nothing has changed and we are still getting positive tests reported as cases? Seems logical and a SUPER accurate way to dictate lives

Positive tests do not equal new cases. I'm not sure they ever have. Is that what you are asking?

Look at the TX COVID dashboard excel data. 10/26 there are 8709 new positive results reported (Test by day tab) and 4418 new cases reported (Trends tab).

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/additionaldata.aspx
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.