PPP's starting to fund

37,328 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pelayo
MaroonDontRun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Really disgusted with how Chase handled this. I submitted everything within an hour of opening (both the initial inquiry on 4/3 and the actual application on 4/6) and have since read that others who applied after (also through Chase) were approved. I really can't wait until things stabilize so I can move to a local bank. This was a pathetic showing.

Same story for my wife with Chase. They submitted the application on 4/6 and got a confirmation that they received the application and zero communication since then.

She received notification today that they did not get accepted.

Folks please consider switching to a local bank!

agdad4x
Our business(CPA Practice) banks with WFB but personally we bank with a local community bank - the business bank contact person retired in December and when we tried to contact someone with WFB regarding the PPP we got nowhere -

Thru the business we have a great relationship with the community bank where our personal account is because a large number of our clients bank there and we have know the banker in charge of the local branch and have worked directly on clients accounts with her for years and actually worked on the PPP applications for a number of our mutual clients with her.

When we gave up on Wells Fargo, she helped us open a business account with her bank, "guided" our PPP application thru her bank and the SBA system and we got funded right as funds were running out. I really believe had we waited on WFB we would have been left out. Needless to say we probably will start banking with her 100% for business.

chloelee
I can not say enough GOOD things about Commerce National Bank (Wm D Fitch) and John Flynn. My own bank never returned my phone call and that was the best thing that ever happened in this situation.

CNB took my application and processed everything so smoothly. I will be moving everything over to them as soon as possible. THANK YOU!! CNB
agdad4x
Business that had loans funded/originated between April 16th and 21St -

You need to look at your p/r timing - if your loan originated/funded between 4/16 and 4/20 then your 4/15 p/r would not be included in the "8 Week" window and 8 weeks would expire before your 6/15 p/r leaving only your 4/30 5/15 and 5/31 p/r to be included in the 8 week window and thus your p/r may come up short of the required amount to be forgiven -

remember, the 8 week time frame is just that, 8 weeks not 2 months and there is a difference, in this case, a big difference - get with your CPA or banker and make sure your P/R $ to be included in the amount to be forgiven matches, in a time frame sense, what was shown in your application -

Bag
AG
Question:

We have our final paperwork in place for the PPP. It walks us through the loan but does not mention anything about loan forgiveness with certain stipulations (keeping our staff on board).

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I missing something.?
HowdyTXAggie
AG
Bag said:

Question:

We have our final paperwork in place for the PPP. It walks us through the loan but does not mention anything about loan forgiveness with certain stipulations (keeping our staff on board).

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I missing something.?
Not sure what your loan paperwork looks like. Regardless, there are rules on the loan (payroll being at least 75% and FTE counts) that do affect the forgiveness. I'd suggest before you spend the $$ to lookup the rules. I'm in the process of understanding the rules myself!

Here is one link with a lot of detail. Not sure if there are other sites that have a better summary.
https://www.withum.com/resources/ppp-and-the-enigma-of-loan-forgiveness/#1usesvsexp
bangobango
AG
so, is the PPP no longer covering distributions from an S-corp? That is what my bank just told me.
Bonfire1996
AG
bangobango said:

so, is the PPP no longer covering distributions from an S-corp? That is what my bank just told me.
it never was. Regular, withholding payroll only plus eligible payroll expenses.
jeffdjohnson
jeffdjohnson said:

Hincemm said:

bad news if you haven't received confirmation from SBA of acceptance...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/small-business-loan-fight-congress-negotiations/index.html
Yep, I pretty much expected this. Looks like we missed out on round 1. I feel pretty confident there will be a round 2. As of now I'm not going to furlough or cut any employees. I will probably give it two more weeks on that end.

Speaking of round 2, anyone want to recommend a different (non BOA) bank to work with? May as well start the process now.
Got an email from BOA today saying that our application is complete. "We'll send your request for a loan to the small Business Administration as soon as they begin accepting new applications." I may as well stick with BOA at this point even though I don't really trust them (all they have to do is turn it in... guess we'll see).

Am I crazy to think that round 2 might go pretty quick? I am guessing there will be a lot of loans like mine that are ready to be pushed to the SBA as soon as they flip the switch. Still, $310B...
SmokeDog
AG
I am in the same boat with my bank, Regions. Got notified on Saturday that 2 out of 3 of my apps were complete and ready to go to SBA. Even though 310 billion is a lot, I bet this goes faster than the initial round. Probably not a bad idea to submit with as many places as we can hoping one of them gets it done.
jeffdjohnson
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/20/bank-small-business-funding-coronavirus-197372

Quote:

"This is going to go within, at most, 72 hours," said Consumer Bankers Association President Richard Hunt, who represents large banks. "But the odds are more like 48 hours."

Yikes.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
That article is single handedly giving me an ulcer
jeffdjohnson

Senate vote today. House vote tomorrow (?). Next round of the PPP lottery should be coming at the end of this week. We'll see how long round 2 lasts. If the funds really go within 72 hours then I would speculate there will be a round 3. The bigger question will be how long Congress keeps pushing this.
sir charles
Pignorant on Texags got this done for us. Contacted off of a thread on another board and got our company submitted/accepted/funded quickly! My original bank is still stuck in neutral on these loans.

Highly recommend contacting Pignorant if you need to submit for Round 2!
Pelayo
AG
Curious how far the 60 billion for the EIDL will go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ag97tx
AG
Do you have contact info?

Email me at ag97dds@yahoo.com

jpb1999
AG
Also would like contact info?
sir charles
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Ok. I am in underwriting at paypal, and should be through underwriting at my new local bank for round 2 by tomorrow.

If given the choice, i want to go with the local bank.

If paypal gets me across the finish line first, can i wait on the final approval submission to give my local bank a chance to get me there? Or will the submitted paypal application be automatically submitted to the SBA, thereby precluding additional loans under my EIN?

Anyone know the answer here?
Bonfire1996
AG
Cant Think of a Name said:

Ok. I am in underwriting at paypal, and should be through underwriting at my new local bank for round 2 by tomorrow.

If given the choice, i want to go with the local bank.

If paypal gets me across the finish line first, can i wait on the final approval submission to give my local bank a chance to get me there? Or will the submitted paypal application be automatically submitted to the SBA, thereby precluding additional loans under my EIN?

Anyone know the answer here?
Whoever gets the SBA loan number first, wins. Might be PayPal, might be your bank. Sorry bud.

I've been on the losing end of that one two weeks ago.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Thanks for the insight.

More cheery news:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/new-310-billion-in-aid-for-small-businesses-is-likely-already-used-up-banks-say.html

Quote:

The more than $300 billion set aside to replenish the emergency loan program for small businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic is likely already all spoken for, banking industry groups said.
Banks say the volume of applications already sent to the Small Business Administration makes it likely that much, if not all, the new money will go to those already in the queue.
Any new applicants would likely miss out on this funding round, industry groups said.
jeffdjohnson
Cant Think of a Name said:

Thanks for the insight.

More cheery news:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/new-310-billion-in-aid-for-small-businesses-is-likely-already-used-up-banks-say.html

Quote:

The more than $300 billion set aside to replenish the emergency loan program for small businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic is likely already all spoken for, banking industry groups said.
Banks say the volume of applications already sent to the Small Business Administration makes it likely that much, if not all, the new money will go to those already in the queue.
Any new applicants would likely miss out on this funding round, industry groups said.

This is just speculation but I think there will be one more round of this type of funding. However it will be fought much harder in the Senate according to Mitch McConnell. I'm thinking my already processed application will make it through this round, but who really knows. Probably a small business like Starbucks or some **** will grab 25% of the allocated funds. One thing is for certain, this weekend will be a royal **** show.
ag009
AG
What is considered a new applicant vs. pending? Our bank had us apply through kabbage and quickbooks earlier this week to get in the que. But nothing has been submitted to SBA if I understand it correctly.
Bonfire1996
AG
katlong said:

What is considered a new applicant vs. pending? Our bank had us apply through kabbage and quickbooks earlier this week to get in the que. But nothing has been submitted to SBA if I understand it correctly.
nothing has been submitted to SBA. The ability to select "PPP" has been removed in the Etran portal.

We have 30 apps ready to submit tomorrow morning if/when they flip the switch.
itsyourboypookie
EIDL grant funded today. What happens next as far as getting the rest of the loan? I've heard it's capped at 15k now but that's just internet rumors. SBA isn't being responsive .
Smokedraw01
Our family business was approved yesterday.
cgh1999
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

katlong said:

nothing has been submitted to SBA. The ability to select "PPP" has been removed in the Etran portal.

We have 30 apps ready to submit tomorrow morning if/when they flip the switch.

We've been working round the clock to get every app received in position to be submitted.

Rumor has it that Chase has 200,000+ teed up. Going to be a massive traffic jam at e-Tran station.
Pelayo
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

EIDL grant funded today. What happens next as far as getting the rest of the loan? I've heard it's capped at 15k now but that's just internet rumors. SBA isn't being responsive .
for a loan that is supposed to be up to 2 million dollars 15k is disheartening.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RandyAg98
AG
Got funded today. Small regional bank.
jeffdjohnson

Looks like Monday will be PPP roulette day.
SmokeDog
AG
Thanks for posting this. Was just looking for this info.
itsyourboypookie
Ok. We have more clarity on our EIDL.

We are paying a company 2k to hold our hand through the rest of the process.

Looks like we will qualify for a minimum of 250k, which would require no collateral.

If we go higher, we could collateralize some of our which would essentially drop our interest rate from 6.5% 20 year am to 3.75% 30 year am.

Still not sure how the process works, which is why we hired a guy to help us through it.

He said it will take 4 weeks.

As for the PPP, it looks as if we are somewhere in the que with PayPal. Even though we can't get in contact with them lol.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Both my own and a business i share space with both got notice from BoA that our loans are fully processed and awaiting submission to the SBA when they reopen the spigot.

cgh1999
AG
Who wants to bet the SBA site crashes at 9:31 cst on Monday? Our bank is one of hundreds (likely thousands) using a specific software provider for processing these loans. We have a ton of loans all in a queue ready to go when we hit send. Rumor has it that Chase has 200,000+ in a similar queue.
jeffdjohnson
cgh1999 said:

Who wants to bet the SBA site crashes at 9:31 cst on Monday? Our bank is one of hundreds (likely thousands) using a specific software provider for processing these loans. We have a ton of loans all in a queue ready to go when we hit send. Rumor has it that Chase has 200,000+ in a similar queue.
I don't see how all $320B+ is not already accounted for. What a ****ed up system in which the fortunes of some business may be decided by a lenders WiFi speed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.