Louisana cases rising rapidly!

12,109 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Shumba
Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you look at the numbers, the state of Louisana is rising rapidly and they have a mortality rate that is high at about 2.5% and 3.3% in New Orleans. Need to watch this as they are our neighbors. Time to start praying for them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
adairtexas
Lots of street people and drug users in NOLA. Not surprising. Fyi, I lived 8 years in nola.
94chem
Reveille said:

If you look at the numbers, the state of Louisana is rising rapidly and they have a mortality rate that is high at about 2.5% and 3.3% in New Orleans. Need to watch this as they are our neighbors. Time to start praying for them.
Exactly what I've been fearing in the deep south. Extreme obesity, virtually no preventative medicine, and millions uninsured. Perhaps rural populations can be spared from some of the brunt, but the US is not homogeneous like Japan, China, or South Korea. Huge disparities in care, access to care, nutrition, etc. This stuff hitting section 8 housing in urban areas could make us look 4th world. Been thinking about it for 2 weeks.
Post removed:
by user
White Liberals=The Worst
Reveille said:

Is that the true death rate? No way.
Reveille
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

Unfortunately, yes but let's hope that it drops soon.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
White Liberals=The Worst
Reveille said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

Unfortunately, yes but it's hope that drops soon.

How could we possibly know how many total cases there are and have been? Sorry if that's a dumb question. So counting every single person with Covid in La (only God could know this right?) 2-3% of them are dying?

I don't see how we could begin to know the mortality rate there. Is it because I'm in real estate and not a doctor?
nawlinsag
AG
It is much worse then the numbers indicate. I intubated 4 pts today in the ER. 3 other pts who came in coding and didnt make it. I am one of 9 providers. Saw at least 18 with the clinical profile in my 10 hour shift. I estimate our ER is seeing at least 90 pts a day with it. Testing a small fraction of those due to restrictions.

Shoulder dislocation with no symptom. Xray shows bilateral pneumonia. Mva with chest and abdominal pain no uri symptoms. Ct showed bilateral pneumonia consistent with Covid 19. We are out of vents, out of icu beds, out of gowns for PPE, out of sterilizing wipes, out of hand sanitizer. We are on the brink of complete collapse of resources.
Post removed:
by user
rosie2012
Prayers for the medical staff in New Orleans and other areas of Louisiana........
VikingNik
AG
Holy crap. Hope you get the supplies you need ASAP.
FriendlyAg
adairtexas said:

Lots of street people and drug users in NOLA. Not surprising. Fyi, I lived 8 years in nola.

Are you trying to say "it can't happen here"?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
You could try this to see if they have any

https://www.harborfreight.com/ppe-request.html?utm_source=Eric_letter_2020_03_22&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Eric_letter_2020_03_22&cid=mEmail_sEric_letter_2020_03_22&uid=6764ccaf81b0bcd1f0caeb200280944e59a2e370e9f648f7d555920a0ceeb348
HumbleAg04
AG
I imagine New Orleans has more to do with Mardi Gras and the fact they kiss cheeks when greeting each other.

Hang in there nawlinsag.
Spaulding
Mardi Gras was probably one of the last large public events and with people traveling to attend Understandable how NOLA could become another hotspot
TyHolden
AG
Nursing home was hit hard
The Kingfish
AG
6 deaths have occurred at one retirement home.
You know the way to grandma's house! R.I.P. Buddy D
Mark Fairchild
AG
Praying for you. Praying that you get the supplies that you need!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
zag80
AG
So far, the great majority of Louisiana cases are in New Orleans and the surrounding parishes. nola.com has a good interactive map for the spread:

Coronavirus Tracking Map

I'm not sure if the link will post to the next updated map, but you can go to nola.com and find a link to it at the top of the page.
GE
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

Unfortunately, yes but it's hope that drops soon.
How could we possibly know how many total cases there are and have been? Sorry if that's a dumb question. So counting every single person with Covid in La (only God could know this right?) 2-3% of them are dying?

I don't see how we could begin to know the mortality rate there. Is it because I'm in real estate and not a doctor?
The implicit caveat is that it is the known death rate as of this point and that there will be many unknowns on both sides of the equation that make that number wrong. Someone smarter than me should be able to use all the global data known to date to use these preliminary numbers to derive an estimate of what the actual death rate is there now.
AgsMnn
AG
When was Fat Tuesday?

2 weeks ago right?
HotardAg07
AG
nawlinsag said:

It is much worse then the numbers indicate. I intubated 4 pts today in the ER. 3 other pts who came in coding and didnt make it. I am one of 9 providers. Saw at least 18 with the clinical profile in my 10 hour shift. I estimate our ER is seeing at least 90 pts a day with it. Testing a small fraction of those due to restrictions.

Shoulder dislocation with no symptom. Xray shows bilateral pneumonia. Mva with chest and abdominal pain no uri symptoms. Ct showed bilateral pneumonia consistent with Covid 19. We are out of vents, out of icu beds, out of gowns for PPE, out of sterilizing wipes, out of hand sanitizer. We are on the brink of complete collapse of resources.
Thank you for your hard work. I imagine it must be scary to work in what feels like an exposed environment, especially if you go home to a family at the end of the day.
Thunder18
AG
AgsMnn said:

When was Fat Tuesday?

2 weeks ago right?

It was Feb 25
nawlinsag
AG
Wife and kids are with her parents in a rural part of Hattiesburg. I am being banished to an air mattress in an empty condo when our renter moves out at the end of the month.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
nawlinsag said:

Which hospital? I was born at Ochsner in Jefferson, praying for y'all down there.

I was back in Nola at the end of January, can only imagine the level of community spread that occurred during Mardi Gras and in the weeks after down in the Quarter. Has the city officially shut everything down?
LOYAL AG
AG
nawlinsag said:

I am terribly sorry for what you're going through on the front lines of this thing.

For everyone else this is precisely why we're "destroying our economy" in an effort to flatten the curve. Left unchecked all hospitals would look like this one in relatively short order.
TXAggie2011
AG
NOLA even outside of Mardi Gras is still a very public society.
Moon Shadow
Speaking as someone who is not of the "Party Now for Tomorrow You May Be Dead" scene.
Interesting that LA cases are rising now, approximately fits the incubation period for Wuhan Virus.
Mardi Gras to now.
Hum--m-m-m-m!
Moon Shadow
PS: I usually write before reading all the texts of the subject.
agsalaska
AG
New Orleans is almost certainly where my dad got it. They were there Wed-Fri last week. THey were supposed to stay until Sunday but bugged out early. He is on day 4 now of feeling like dog*****
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Ciboag96
Are y'all treating with the magic Hydroxychloroquin/Zpac combo?
Article 58-10 Offender
nawlinsag - what part of town do you live in?
KidDoc
AG
nawlinsag said:

Damn that is rough. Stay safe and try to get adequate sleep.
nawlinsag
AG
I live in Algiers -English Turn. But I guess soon back into my bachelor pad condo in the wharehouse district.

Haven't worked at the Main Campus on Jeff Hwy since 2006 but am at an Ochsner Facility today. This one is fairing a bit better. They have gowns and I got a new mask instead of the one I used the past 5 days. Still appears to be all covid 19 but not as sick.

AgsMnn
AG
Thunder18 said:

AgsMnn said:

When was Fat Tuesday?

2 weeks ago right?

It was Feb 25

Yeah I'm an idiot. Wish it was February again though.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.