Louisana cases rising rapidly!

12,105 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Shumba
Michael Cera Palin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nawlinsag said:

I live in Algiers -English Turn. But I guess soon back into my bachelor pad condo in the wharehouse district.

Haven't worked at the Main Campus on Jeff Hwy since 2006 but am at an Ochsner Facility today. This one is fairing a bit better. They have gowns and I got a new mask instead of the one I used the past 5 days. Still appears to be all covid 19 but not as sick.

Stay safe and keep fighting the good fight
Article 58-10 Offender
nawlinsag said:

I live in Algiers -English Turn. But I guess soon back into my bachelor pad condo in the wharehouse district.

Haven't worked at the Main Campus on Jeff Hwy since 2006 but am at an Ochsner Facility today. This one is fairing a bit better. They have gowns and I got a new mask instead of the one I used the past 5 days. Still appears to be all covid 19 but not as sick.

Gotcha. I work in Algiers, but I live on the north shore. My commute has been much quicker lately.
PJYoung
AG
gif of cases per 100,000

BrandoC
AG
New Orleans is one of the dirtiest places on Earth. When it hit there everyone should of known it was going to be bad news. Not a good situation at all for the Cajuns.
Prexys Moon
AG
anybody seeing a correlation here? NYC, NoLa, Rome....
Exsurge Domine
PJYoung said:

gif of cases per 100,000

Gawwwww, we need to build a wall on our eastern border
Proposition Joe
Prexys Moon said:

anybody seeing a correlation here? NYC, NoLa, Rome....

People?
GE
AG
PJYoung said:

gif of cases per 100,000

I would LOVE to see that by county. Imagine it would be ridiculous informative if very difficult to create.
PJYoung
AG
GE said:

PJYoung said:

gif of cases per 100,000

I would LOVE to see that by county. Imagine it would be ridiculous informative if very difficult to create.

I'll check with Mr. Burg.

I made the gif from his page:

http://arctic.som.ou.edu/tburg/products/covid19/
PJYoung
AG
GE said:

PJYoung said:

gif of cases per 100,000

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/21/map-track-covid-19-cases-in-texas-county-by-county-updates/

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
https://www.brproud.com/health/coronavirus/central-church-hosts-1800-people-amid-covid-19-outbreak/?fbclid=IwAR2Z4Ez66-0hHDCey1Jruy4Qsg4hpZ7NHcnM_EzWaxq2SeEIo-lHGzaIsdA

Well this certainly doesn't help
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

https://www.brproud.com/health/coronavirus/central-church-hosts-1800-people-amid-covid-19-outbreak/?fbclid=IwAR2Z4Ez66-0hHDCey1Jruy4Qsg4hpZ7NHcnM_EzWaxq2SeEIo-lHGzaIsdA

Well this certainly doesn't help
Yikes.

Quote:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.
Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
HotardAg07
AG
Don't worry, the pastor said he'd heal them.
PJYoung
AG
Re-did the gif with today's #s

chris1515
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

If you look at the numbers, the state of Louisana is rising rapidly and they have a mortality rate that is high at about 2.5% and 3.3% in New Orleans. Need to watch this as they are our neighbors. Time to start praying for them.

Is that the true death rate? No way.

Could be they are/were only testing the very very sick.
flown-the-coop
AG
chris1515 said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Reveille said:

If you look at the numbers, the state of Louisana is rising rapidly and they have a mortality rate that is high at about 2.5% and 3.3% in New Orleans. Need to watch this as they are our neighbors. Time to start praying for them.

Is that the true death rate? No way.

Could be they are/were only testing the very very sick.
My SIL lives there. She is a teacher, had a parent of one of her students test positive. Her daughter had a classmate whose parent was also positive.

She had many of the symptoms and her PCP told her to get tested. Testing center told her to get lost.

She is fine (edited: she no longer has any cough, fever, etc), but it is indicative of limited testing. So you could be right, along with other factors such as the overall health situation there on a normal day, widespread poverty and a healthcare / hospital system that is probably not going to be on anyone's wish list of places to be critically ill.
Shumba
AG
Wow, remember when folks were saying the Iranians were crazy because they weren't shutting down the holy sites in Qum. Uh, that Pastor doesn't seem too far off from the mullahs.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.