n95s PPE and surgical mask

11,144 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 2PacShakur
TxAG#2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford researchers concluded you can disinfect N95 masks and make them reusable by:

- placing above boiling water in vapor for 10 minutes, or
- heating a used mask at 158 Fahrenheit for 30 mins in an oven

https://t.co/uflWI8Pk7k
TAMUallen
AG
Since we are getting closer to hot sunny days, will our cars become virus killers when parked outside in the sun?
SilverAg
AG
I hope this doesn't sound completely stupid but could you sterilize masks in a tanning bed and then reuse? I have seen some of you have resorted to buying UV lights to sterilize your own and now that most tanning salons are closed due to the shelter in place orders could we get creative and lay a bunch of PPE in them? I know it would be kinda tricky on the transport of hazardous material to these salons but things are sounding pretty desperate. Idk. Just a though I had.
ham98
SilverAg said:

I hope this doesn't sound completely stupid but could you sterilize masks in a tanning bed and then reuse? I have seen some of you have resorted to buying UV lights to sterilize your own and now that most tanning salons are closed due to the shelter in place orders could we get creative and lay a bunch of PPE in them? I know it would be kinda tricky on the transport of hazardous material to these salons but things are sounding pretty desperate. Idk. Just a though I had.

Or move the beds to the hospital
SilverAg
AG
Yes, I had that thought too.
2PacShakur
AG
ham98 said:

SilverAg said:

Or move the beds to the hospital

If you can dedicate a room, just flood it all with the light. They do this for cell culture rooms where you don't want external contaminates growing in the culture. Put a light outside or indicator that the bulbs may be on to prevent surprises.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.