Jefferson County/Golden Triangle

8,784 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bassmaster
Aries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our house had never flooded either...now there could be 10 feet in it. So the houses at the entrance of the neighborhood, which flooded with Rita & Ike, are probably covered.

Where is your house?
surgeag
AG
Camelot edition in Orange/Pinehurst.
Aries
That is where our old house. We are one house before the fence walk through on Camelot.

What part of the neighborhood are you??
Yep66
AG
They live off Huntsman St north of LCM Jr High
Yep66
AG
Thanks halfbean! That's the way I had rather go but the roads showed to be closed on the maps.
Yep66
AG
I was planning on driving down today but the FIL said they are releasing water from Toledo Bend and the water level will crest tonight when I get there and I might not be able to get in. Is this what y'all are hearing?
surgeag
AG
I went right through that fence walk through yesterday with a surfboard stacked wth what I could save. We live about halfway down Camelot st.
TX scallywAG
AG
Lived in Orange for 19 years. I have a lot of family (both mine & my wife's) who have multiple feet in their homes. Many in LC-M, Orange, & Orangefield. I have an uncle expecting to boat nearly 5 miles today. That is hard to fathom. We have extended family in Jasper, Spurger, etc that way. Hoping they hold out.

Orangefield Elementary was under. The Jr hi and HS are all very close. Imagine they're in trouble as well. Saw pics of LC HS on 87. Wow.

Feel for you guys. I will be headed that way when it resides. Been busting it at my home in Spring to demo & clean so it's to a stopping point so I can head that way.

Are they going to let out Rayburn & Toledo for sure?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
PhatMack19
AG
My sister is a Doctor. She has a medical clinic set up inside King's Pharmacy in Port Arthur if anyone needs medical attention. Serious conditions only please.

Also if you take medication and need refills, bring your pill bottles to any local pharmacy and they will give you enough supply to get through this without a prescription.
Yep66
AG
Welp, I made it Saturday what a mess! I've never been more thankful for a house full of wood paneling. Just take a skill saw and make a cut waist high and rip it off.
Also thankful for tile! Only two rooms had carpet but they both had a ton of stuff we had to move out first. Good luck to everyone else having to go through this because it is such a daunting task and I know others had way more than 2' of water to deal with. Good luck to all the victims of Harvey.
plowboy1065
S
Posted by a friend of mine, pretty damn cool

https://www.facebook.com/kade.broussard.7/posts/10209276028209381
crys_mac
AG
Four neighborhoods north of Highway 105 between Sour Lake and Beaumont have seen 100% damage to their homes. Each and every one had water in their homes. We are talking about nearly 1000 homes. The water just went down enough on Tuesday for homeowners to get into their homes and start assessing the damage. They need man power help!!! The fire stations and the local churches have all the supplies needed - gloves, cleaning supplies, bleach, etc. These people need help getting their items moved out of their houses and onto the curb and then help pulling out carpet, sheetrock, etc. The longer they have to wait the worse it is going to be for them.

My boyfriend Brian Sak(c/o '03) and my family have spent the past two days helping my future sister in law, Lindsay Miller (c/o '99), and her two young daughters removed everything they own. She does not have flood insurance because the huge flood of '94 didn't come anywhere close to her property. She is going to need everything in her home replaced. She is also a teacher at the middle school here that was a complete loss after it got water inside, also. The middle school at Hardin Jefferson High School will have to find new places for 6-8 grades. 6th graders will be split between the elementary campuses and the 7-8 will join the high school until a portable building village can be set up. So she is also going to need her classroom items replaced.

If you would like to help, here are some links for her and for the HJISD school. Pass it back Ags!
https://www.target.com/gift-registry/gift/lindsay-miller-floodrelief
VENMO: llmiller15
PAYPAL: llmiller15@gmail.com
https://www.mythirtyone.com/185720/shop/Party/EventDetail/10177118
https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/319FTKEM69YZN

If you want to help the school in a larger way - contact belindamcdermand@hjisd.net

Crystal McDermand '00
Bassmaster
AG
I was in the area yesterday and Wednesday helping demo and the whole area is a mess. It's so sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.