Rockport/Key Allegro info and updates

12,423 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jgh85Ag
Emotional Support Cobra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please post any questions about property damage, needs, or recovery efforts here.

My parents are 30-year Key Allegro property owners and fortunately have suffered only minimal damage. We will be making multiple trips down from San Antonio in the coming weeks. Let me know if we can help in some way.
halturn95
Howdy,

Myself and another A&M student will be attempting to go to Rockport this weekend to drop off essentials such as food, water, bleach and other necessary items. We will be loading a two horse slant load and a truck as full of as many items as we can. If anyone in the CSTAT area would like to donate goods please feel free to text me 512-913-9357. We will hopefully be leaving Friday or Saturday weather permitting.
southtexasgolfpro00
AG
The amount of help in every form has been nothing but extraordinary and greatly appreciative. We are getting put back together piece by piece. If anyone has a questions about anything, please message me. I work in Rockport but live in Corpus and I'm going back and forth everyday. Thank everyone again for everything. Keep praying for us and when we come back better than before, come visit us.
SPSAg05
AG
Grandfather-in-law lives in Holiday Beach. By all indications it looks like it was completely wiped out, but we were able to come across a drone shot posted on Facebook that thankfully showed his house among a handful still standing out there. Has there been any decisions on when people will be allowed back into town? Have the waters receded at all since landfall?
longeryak
SPSAg05 said:

Grandfather-in-law lives in Holiday Beach. By all indications it looks like it was completely wiped out, but we were able to come across a drone shot posted on Facebook that thankfully showed his house among a handful still standing out there. Has there been any decisions on when people will be allowed back into town? Have the waters receded at all since landfall?
Our former next door neighbors in Rockport are telling us Friday will be the first time they let people back in. All the broken natural gas lines are the first concern.
rodan85
AG
Went there yesterday. There are downed power lines and telephone poles in the road everywhere. Hwy 35 is flooded heading towards Corpus at 188, but was passable on the inside shoulder.

There was a strong smell of Gas everywhere. If you drive there, be careful.
Pooh Ah
AG
I need photos of 34 Osprey Drive.

It is north of the airport in the Preserve II.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Pooh Ah, are you a member of Nextdoor.com? That is where I found proof of life of our house in a random person's photo album. Might be a good place to start.
Pooh Ah
AG
Jersey Girl said:

Pooh Ah, are you a member of Nextdoor.com? That is where I found proof of life of our house in a random person's photo album. Might be a good place to start.

No neighborhood community exists for that address.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I got back from Rockport/Copano Ridge yesterday. Likely going back pretty soon to start some of the recovery but only for the day. We drove from 37 to Sinton to Rockport on 188 to 35 bypass and it was very clear. No ID checks or issues. There are a lot of downed lines and poles but you can zig zag around if needed through cross streets.

We did cruise thru town on 35 and there are plenty of crews already working on power. Natl Guard was prepping it looked like so I expect they will be a bigger presence now. Take proof of ownership if you have it when you go just in case.

Take cans of fix a flat with you and a mini compressor. There are nails and screws everywhere. Sinton had some of the gas stations open, that will be your last chance or in Mathis, think ahead.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Friend's mom has a house there in Holiday Beach, as of yesterday morning they couldn't get in by vehicle and had to walk in about half a mile to view their house. Not sure if the causeway is open yet, didn't make it down that far. Didn't clarify with my friend if access was just blocked or they weren't letting cars in. The pictures you see don't even come close to the debris that is actually there hampering movement.
Pooh Ah
AG
Satellite image is up, I posted another thread:

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/harvey/index.html

Poke_the_Bear
AG
Anyone have information about debris disposal? I have field up a trailer with trash.
Burdizzo
AG
Word from Rockport mayor earlier today was to not put debris in the street. I assume that means it will not be picked up anytime soon. If you have to move debris leave it in your yard at the curb.

I will add as someone who was in Key Allegro yesterday that this is very considerate of anyone cleaning up property. There are plenty of debris and especially nails in the street as it is. There is no sense making a bad situation worse by putting your debris in the street too.

Unfortunately, I don't have information on what to do with your trailer.
Burdizzo
AG
Per the Coastal Bend Chronicle FB page, HEB now has trucks with food, water, ice, and other supplies at Rockport HEB

https://m.facebook.com/thecoastalbendchronicle/photos/a.718002774959767.1073741826.717996354960409/1452423508184353/?type=3&source=48
htx97
AG
Just got pics from my inlaws places on Blue Heron. Tile roofs basically blown off, but boat and jetskis etc still there with covers on.

No one has been inside yet. Probably water damage I'd assume
Burdizzo
AG
My in-laws are on Luau. Storm surge did not come in the house. The only water damage we saw was the result of rain coming in the broken windows. Thankfully it was not extensive. I hope yours is not too bad.
Burdizzo
AG
HEB has mobile kitchen serving hot meals. Per their FB feed.
YouBet
AG
Pooh Ah said:

Satellite image is up, I posted another thread:

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/harvey/index.html

Wow. That's great. Thanks.
Burdizzo
AG
Holy cow! Aransas County ISD schools closed indefinitely. Students encouraged to enroll where they have evacuated.
2aggiesmom
I have a question. I have a Facebook friend that evcuated from Rockport. She had to drive all the way to midland to find a hotel that would accept pets. She want to get back closer to Rockport. Does anyone know of any places near Rockport that will accept dogs ( i think she has two, i know she has an
Australian Shedherd for sure)

I know usually all La Quinta accept pets but they can't open until they have been inpectedfor structual damage.
Gladiator 96
AG
My aunt and uncle live in the Harbor Oaks area on Encina Drive in Rockport. Both of them evacuated ahead of the storm, but are now looking for any information on their home.

2611 Encina Drive
Rockport

GoodOlAg05
AG
My buddy is a firefighter down in Rockport and is working on setting up this Go Fund Me for the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Every bit helps!

https://www.gofundme.com/rockport
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

My aunt and uncle live in the Harbor Oaks area on Encina Drive in Rockport. Both of them evacuated ahead of the storm, but are now looking for any information on their home.

2611 Encina Drive
Rockport

According to the NOAA map posted above, it looks like they may have some roof shingle damage, but overall Harbor Oaks fared pretty well.
Gladiator 96
AG
Jersey Girl said:

Gladiator 96 said:

2611 Encina Drive
Rockport

According to the NOAA map posted above, it looks like they may have some roof shingle damage, but overall Harbor Oaks fared pretty well.
Thanks!!
Hobbes01
AG
My church in the Austin area just put out a call for guys to head down to Rockport this Sunday. Unfortunately it will only be a 24 hour trip, but this is to answer some specific needs of another church. Future trips may be planned as needed.

Anyway, FishingAggie on the Rockport thread in the Outdoors forum (see thread here) stated that chainsaws are the number one most needed item. And even bring new ones and folks there will gladly buy them. Do the locals on this thread agree with that? Are there other items/tools in particular need?

My only chainsaw is electric, so that sounds like a no go. I am going to ask to borrow one from a neighbor to bring for this trip but after reading the other thread, I am now really debating buying a couple to bring too. Whether someone wants to buy it (at cost of course) or simply donate it to the cause I am open to the idea.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Chainsaws and insect repellant are big for donations and personal use. Extra socks and work gloves. Gatorade.

The mosquitoes hatched yesterday so it is imperative that you use repellant with DEET even if you are a tough guy. The trucks will be spraying but it doesn't even matter. watch for snakes and other biting insects and critters seeking shelter in brush.

Bring a fire extinguisher. There is no water and you never know. Bring spare water to wash your hands and stuff, and a first aid kit including alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide if you get scratched by dirty debris.

If you are helping residents, there are specific ways that FEMA wants all the debris arranged for pickup by category. (building materials, brush, glass, etc) You can find visuals of this arrangement online. If you can't find one I can post one.

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
URGENT INFORMATION: The Port Bay Bridge is compromised. SH 188 from FM 1069 to FM136 is closed until further notice. No access direct from Sinton to Rockport via SH 188. Please go to drivetexas.org for more information.
SWCBonfire
AG
Rockport/Fulton has set up a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity for direct donations and gofundme site. There are two accounts, one for rebuilding and another to help the city employees who have been hunkered down since this thing hit and have been working non-stop.

https://www.gofundme.com/Hurricane-Harvey-Fund-for-Rockport-Fulton

http://www.rockport-fulton.org/Hurricane_Harvey_Information

While I know that people are weary of what money goes to, I can assure you personally that my Father-in-Law is the controller of these accounts, he has significant experience managing large accounts for non-profits, and knows what is required after a hurricane. The city and county will need help getting the pieces back together. Aransas county is not a place of limitless resources or infrastructure, it is one of the smallest counties in TX with no major industries other than fisheries and tourism.

SWCBonfire
AG
*Port bay bridge on 188 to Sinton

No visible damage above, we have already gone over it a couple of times. Must be undermining of footings or something below.
Burdizzo
AG
SWCBonfire said:

*Port bay bridge on 188 to Sinton

No visible damage above, we have already gone over it a couple of times. Must be undermining of footings or something below.

We drove it Monday with no issue. They must have found something when they inspected this week. That bridge is fairly new too, about 5 years.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Sorry, I copied and pasted from the Chamber of Commerce facebook post.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
Carr's (sp) cleanings is open and doing wash and fold laundry. They are in the same shopping center as Rockport mail center. They send the clothes to corpus.
Jethro95
AG
Heading down to Copano Bay in the morning to survey damage at our place. Has anyone driven 239 to 35 through Tivoli and into Copano? We are on 1781.
Burdizzo
AG
I drove it on Monday. There was still a little debris and minor flooding in a couple of places, but it was mostly clear. The creepiest part was dead, bloated, cattle on the road North of Copano Bay causeway. But it should be much better now.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.