Houston (The Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Rayford Corridor Area): Updates here

16,590 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TX scallywAG
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's use this thread for information on The Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Rayford Corridor and other areas up here.

Useful links:

Spring Creek Levels
West Fork San Jacinto at Humble Levels
West Fork San Jacinto at Conroe (I-45) Levels
Rayford Road Roundup Facebook
Spring Happenings Facebook

Spring Creek level at SH249 upstream from TW, OR, Spring (will update upon refresh):

Spring Creek level at I-45(will update upon refresh):

West Fork San Jacinto level at I-45 (will update upon refresh):

West Fork San Jacinto level at Humble (downstream where SanJac meets Spring Creek) (will update upon refresh):

Quote:

Shelters for Rayford Road area:

Reformation Church

Anyone {including first responders} in the Imperial Oaks, Rayford Rd., Oak Ridge North and surrounding areas that need immediate shelter are welcome here. We have hot coffee brewing, water, snacks and a dry place for good conversation, company and games. We are set up and ready to help anyone in need.

28100 Robinson Rd.
Conroe, 77385
Contact Pastor Guy 713-397-0746

Spring Creek Baptist Church

Open in the gym. If you need food and a place to stay please come. If anyone has blankets cots or airmattresses please feel free to bring them by to be used.

1431 Rayford Road

Quote:

Shelter for Village of Creekside area:

A shelter has opened up at Creekside Park Junior High in the Village of Creekside. This is an unplanned/impromptu shelter to house the people in our neighborhood who have been evacuated due to high water. Because they were unprepared, they need and are taking any and all donations (food, water, bedding, towels, pet food, etc). If you're in the area and can access the school, please consider donating.

Bregxit
AG
Imperial Oaks is currently in good shape.
Street flooding on Northridge Forest between Inwood Glen and Aldine Westfield. No reported house flooding.

Spring Forest, south of Rayford from Kroger, multiple homes flooded.

Rayford Road/I-45 is closed. Rayford Road is impassable from I-45 to Aldine Westfield Blvd.
Rayford Road is now open. Still cannot turn from Rayford Road to I-45 South as of 8/29 @ 11:00PM.

SpringAg92
Thanks for the updates & getting this started
dlance
bayouaggie
AG
Just lost power in Benders Landing Estates. Was gonna take a ride soon. Maybe when wife and baby wake up from a nap.
ktownag08
AG
No power in Harmony now.

Somewhat less Harmonious now...(poor attempt at a joke)
Bregxit
AG
Added pertinent river/creek graphs to OP that will update.

Forgot to mention power has been flaky all day as bayouaggie just experienced.
TXTransplant
A shelter has opened up at Creekside Park Junior High in the Village of Creekside. This is an unplanned/impromptu shelter to house the people in our neighborhood who have been evacuated due to high water. Because they were unprepared, they need and are taking any and all donations (food, water, bedding, towels, pet food, etc). If you're in the area and can access the school, please consider donating.
Honky Tonk Hero
AG
Spring creek appears to be receding for the moment near Kuykendahl
Bobcat-Ag
My parents lost power in spring trails. Water is in the yard. Praying that spring creek has crested.
2wealfth Man
AG
Water release from Lake Conroe will not help Rayford and Rilet-Fuzzell area.
Drillbit4
AG
I saw a video of water crossing 99 above Spring Creek. I'm guessing 99 will be closed for a while at 99/Rayford.
jefe95
AG

This correlates to the second graph. 45 at san Jac.
Bregxit
AG
Drillbit4 said:

I saw a video of water crossing 99 above Spring Creek. I'm guessing 99 will be closed for a while at 99/Rayford.

Maybe crossing Riley Fuzzell. If Spring Creek got over 99 the entire region would be under 30' of water.
LostInLA07
AG
How far upstream will spring creek back up due to the release from Conroe?

Also, I drove around Creekside and the water appears about a foot lower than this morning.

The shelter at Creekside junior high appeared first class. Tons of volunteers and a solid line of cars dropping off donations.
Bregxit
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I don't think it will. It has crested and will start going down unless the situation changes (storm changes or something).
TXTransplant
Last reading at 4:45 was 111.14 feet against a predicted max of 111.2 ft. Hopefully the next reading will be less that the current one.
Bobcat-Ag
dlance said:

LostInLA07 said:

I don't think it will. It has crested and will start going down unless the situation changes (storm changes or something).

I hope you're right. I've been worried about my parents all day.
TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

Also, I drove around Creekside and the water appears about a foot lower than this morning.

The shelter at Creekside junior high appeared first class. Tons of volunteers and a solid line of cars dropping off donations.
The neighborhood has really come together. The firemen/constables organized that shelter. One of them told me around 7:30 this morning that they had the keys to the school and would open it if necessary.
LostInLA07
AG
That's awesome. The feeling when I walked in to drop off a few things we could spare was pretty cool. Guys carrying in baby cribs and a line of middle and high school aged kids handing off donations from the carpool line into the building was a neat thing to see. I hope everyone needing to use the shelter is ok.
Honky Tonk Hero
AG
We're already seeing significant reduction, about 2 feet down
Bregxit
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

dlance said:

LostInLA07 said:

Where are they at? Do you want me to try and check on them?
Bobcat-Ag
dlance said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

dlance said:

LostInLA07 said:

Where are they at? Do you want me to try and check on them?

I appreciate that. I have been in contact with them, I just need the creek to crest. They are in spring trails. Their street has water and its in the yard. The house is still dry though. I'll let you know if they need help though. I really appreciate that.
TXTransplant
Honky Tonk Hero said:

We're already seeing significant reduction, about 2 feet down
How far did it end up getting? I went out at 730 this morning, and the water was at the intersection of Timarron and Kuykendahl. I couldn't even pull all the way into the left turn lane. That was at 108 feet, and I didn't go back.
Bobcat-Ag
Its 111.27ft near spring now.
Honky Tonk Hero
AG
111' on the measured peak. I'm on the flint ridge side and by forest gate park it was significantly over flint ridge. Some houses in my neighborhood were within 2' of flooding. Very thankful that it's going down.
SpringAg92
Any updates on The Meadows at Imperial Oaks or the small neighborhood right across from them on Aldine Westfield? Have not been able to reach a friend who lives in that neighborhood across from The Meadows. Not sure what the name of the subdivision is.
TxAg82
AG
Is there any chance the San Jacinto River will get high enough to close the I45 main lanes? I need to make a run to Dallas tomorrow for work but won't go if I can't get back to the Woodlands in the evening.
Honky Tonk Hero
AG
Red Cross Shelter at St Simon and Jude in the front of The Woodlands. We set it up for 100, not sure what the capacity is at currently.
jefe95
AG
I'm planning a dallas run tomorrow as well and I honestly don;t know.

I think the chart says 127, and i heard the highway is at 126. But I don't know if that means it covers the highway or hits the overpass.

Bregxit
AG
WC92 said:

Any updates on The Meadows at Imperial Oaks or the small neighborhood right across from them on Aldine Westfield? Have not been able to reach a friend who lives in that neighborhood across from The Meadows. Not sure what the name of the subdivision is.

My wife showed me some pictures of homes in the Meadows with water in the garage. No idea of the status right now. I know last night I could not get back there in my truck because it was too deep. Turning into the first neighborhood on Aldine Westfield behind Kaufman the water was up to my headlights. It looked deeper further down.
SpringAg92
Thanks dlance. I'm not sure what that neighborhood is. Co-worker lives back there. Think its the second neighborhood back on the left. (Across from The Meadows sign on Aldine Westfield)

Hopefully I will hear back.

I did see the pictures of The Meadows in one of the links you provided.

Appreciate all your info.
CAR96
AG
I am in The Woodlands, across from McCullough Jr High. I am not in Timber lakes Timber Ridge, but close.

I have a drainage ditch behind my house that was flowing really well until this morning and it has become a lake about 100 yards from my house. I believe the ditch drains over to Lake Houston in Humble/Kingwood and down into Galveston Bay eventually. When Spring Creek overflowed at Gosling and the Creekside subdivision as you drive down Gosling, it has spilled over toward me.The level has not crested over the ditch and there is a small berm it would still have to get over.

The neighbor 5 houses down has some water that has extended into their back yard from this 'ditch lake'. They are lower than me, but if the rain continues, like this morning it became a lake where yesterday it was running and flowing and lower enough to flow thru some drains under a paved road.

I am scared to wake up tomorrow and see the 'ditch lake' has become twice the size and extended into the backyard of my house.

This is on the east side of Gosling, South of Flintridge and North northwest of the TLTR subdivision.

Where you see Bitterwood CIr, that is me. https://www.harriscountyfws.org/

The struggle is I do not know how to interpret of all these websites that show water levels.etc.

Constant state of anxiety, stress, hopelessness.

Bregxit
AG
CAR96 said:

I am in The Woodlands, across from McCullough Jr High. I am not in Timber lakes Timber Ridge, but close.

I have a drainage ditch behind my house that was flowing really well until this morning and it has become a lake about 100 yards from my house. I believe the ditch drains over to Lake Houston in Humble/Kingwood and down into Galveston Bay eventually. When Spring Creek overflowed at Gosling and the Creekside subdivision as you drive down Gosling, it has spilled over toward me.The level has not crested over the ditch and there is a small berm it would still have to get over.

The neighbor 5 houses down has some water that has extended into their back yard from this 'ditch lake'. They are lower than me, but if the rain continues, like this morning it became a lake where yesterday it was running and flowing and lower enough to flow thru some drains under a paved road.

I am scared to wake up tomorrow and see the 'ditch lake' has become twice the size and extended into the backyard of my house.

This is on the east side of Gosling, South of Flintridge and North northwest of the TLTR subdivision.

Where you see Bitterwood CIr, that is me. https://www.harriscountyfws.org/

The struggle is I do not know how to interpret of all these websites that show water levels.etc.

Constant state of anxiety, stress, hopelessness.

That drainage ditch flows into Spring Creek which then flows east until it meets the West Fork San Jacinto River, then on to Lake Houston.

The good news is Spring Creek upstream from you is falling pretty quick. Downstream should start falling soon...we hope anyway. EDIT: I added the upstream hydrograph to the OP.

I wish I could give some kind of good advice but I don't know enough about your specific area. My guess is you are going to be fine. It will probably take a good while for it to drain off though.
TXTransplant
Honky Tonk Hero said:

111' on the measured peak. I'm on the flint ridge side and by forest gate park it was significantly over flint ridge. Some houses in my neighborhood were within 2' of flooding. Very thankful that it's going down.
So no houses along Flintridge took in water? If not, that's wonderful! I'm trying to collect as much info as I can so that we will have point of references in the future.
TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

That's awesome. The feeling when I walked in to drop off a few things we could spare was pretty cool. Guys carrying in baby cribs and a line of middle and high school aged kids handing off donations from the carpool line into the building was a neat thing to see. I hope everyone needing to use the shelter is ok.
We went over to sign up to volunteer. The donations and list of volunteer names was amazing! They've actually said they have way more than enough for the number of people they have to serve right now. The shelter is housing people brought up from Cypress (maybe Ponderosa? Saw that flooding on the news today and it was awful) as well as people from the neighborhood.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.