Serious Q. Do you think S is a sociopath and/or narcissist?

8,385 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
Divining Rod
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I was watching that recent special on Lance Armstrong and it was really telling that there were certain things he couldnt admit, couodn't firgive, and could 't accept. I came away thinking he was a sociopath and researched a little. There are a lot of people more trained in this who said the same things.

From what I understand of those personality disorders, S sure appears to fit the bill to a T. This isn't about someone being an A-hole, or selfish, or arrogant or mean.

Rather, a true disorder. An inability or serious impairment preventing them from feeling empathy in a "normal" way, and inflating their own worth and needs to a point not meshing w reality or taking into account the lives of others.

my own words- not a definition or "diagnoses" He's obviously very talented and intelligent.
Randy Rhodes
Maybe
LB12Diamond
AG
How you doing rip van winkle.

Mrs. Chestnut called him a narcissistic A$$ on day one that he left.
well_endowed_ag
Both, but a lot of successful people are
CapCityAg89
AG
I think he's a highly successful head coach that works at a high level. Every single one of them I've met has been a huge dick. Every one. I think it's a requirement for the job. If you think a HC is not a narcissist and psychopath he probably is just better at image management. Or cares more about what people think. Or both.
CoachLB
I seriously always thought Schloss was angry and unhappy. His personality always reminded me of Don Henley. No matter how accomplished, successful, or rich, they just seemed mad at the world. Sad.
SchizoAg
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

My question is, is it possible to be successful at the highest levels without being a sociopath?
AGinHI
AG
Sociopath - I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

Narcissism - gets thrown around a lot lately. I have used it myself in describing POS and what I believe is his underlying motivation.

However, it's all conjecture.
dermdoc
AG
AGinHI said:

Sociopath - I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

Narcissism - gets thrown around a lot lately. I have used it myself in describing POS and what I believe is his underlying motivation.

However, it's all conjecture.

Depends on how you define sociopath.

Narcissists often have sociopathic tendencies because they only care about themselves.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AGinHI
AG
We're redefining a lot of mental health terms, of which I disagree.

Take for example trauma, more specifically PTSD. Everybody has it now in some way, shape, or form

because of how we define it.
Jaxson11
AG
Yes. No doubt. He reminds me of Lance Armstrong.
Captn_Ag05
AG
IMO he is a liar that lacks integrity. I don't need to analyze him any further than that.
LB12Diamond
AG
Exactly

Look up the 10 commandments by George Carlin. He reduces them down to 1-2 commandments and Schloss broke that one.
StinkyPinky
AG
Let's put POS in the past. Not our problem anymore. It's all conjecture anyways. Players didn't like him, all I need to know. Good riddance. Excited for the Earley Era!
Leonard H. Stringfield
He has issues for sure. Don't think I'd want my child around the guy.

Or the cats.
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

greg.w.h
AG
Schloss should hire a public relations person to tell him to shut up a lot…
Aggie Dad 26
well_endowed_ag said:

so why ya calling me?[/howardstern
In4TheHuddle
AG
Look at his actions, he's clearly got some major issues. Take Zane's question as an example, he could have easily deflected and said tonight is about the kids, let us have this moment for them. But he had to make it all about him, and his contempt for anyone who dare question him shined through. In addition, he goes to his go to move, bold face lie which he knows is a lie but tells it anyways, why? Because that is what Sociopaths do.
dermdoc
AG
AGinHI said:

Take for example trauma, more specifically PTSD. Everybody has it now in some way, shape, or form

FWIW, psychiatrists redefine mental health terms like once a month. Why I did not become one.

And mental illness is by far the most rampant disease in the US in my opinion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
missinAggieland
AG
Narcissist.

Many players parents have said the same.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Life has a way of humbling us.
Success came early for Jimmy Schloss, and he's enjoyed it for a long time.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I would tend to think that we've all seen it in our own professional careers…often times, those that rise to the top leadership position in a company, they are great self promoters, and can sling the bs as needed to appease the decision makers. It's a little bit of smoke and mirrors,- a little bit risk taking, but those that I've seen also have the ability to temporarily put their morals in their back pocket. (If they even have morals.)

Meanwhile, the worker bees keep doing a good job.
Buford T. Justice
AG
But, when those folks catch a big wave of momentum early on, like Schlossdoogle, then the ego can really take off.
Shoefly!
AG
Divining Rod said:

I was watching that recent special on Lance Armstrong and it was really telling that there were certain things he couldnt admit, couodn't firgive, and could 't accept. I came away thinking he was a sociopath and researched a little. There are a lot of people more trained in this who said the same things.

From what I understand of those personality disorders, S sure appears to fit the bill to a T. This isn't about someone being an A-hole, or selfish, or arrogant or mean.

Rather, a true disorder. An inability or serious impairment preventing them from feeling empathy in a "normal" way, and inflating their own worth and needs to a point not meshing w reality or taking into account the lives of others.

my own words- not a definition or "diagnoses" He's obviously very talented and intelligent.

Look at his recent pics. The grease ball doesn't smile. When he does it looks forced. If you don't have some type of communication with your players, that's a huge Red Flag to me.
AGinHI
AG
dermdoc said:

AGinHI said:

FWIW, psychiatrists redefine mental health terms like once a month. Why I did not become one.

I'm a licensed clinical psychologist btw.

Spent time with some real sociopaths.

trouble
AG
They are terrifying. I had one when I was doing home hospice. I never went to his home alone even when he was completely weak and dying. Gave me chills just to sit next to him.
AGinHI
AG
Make the hair stand up on the back of your neck, yeah?
trouble
AG
The moment he first looked at me. I did almost 7 years in trauma critical care at Brackenridge. He's the only patient who truly scared me.
alamogeorge
AG
Textbook
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
94chem
Read The Sociopath Next Door. It's entirely possible that Schloss is a sociopath. Not ridiculous at all.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Divining Rod
I mentioned Armstrong. There was one telling interview which kind of reminded me of S and "The Question".

He was talking about doping and how it's just the questioning that makes you a liar. If you dope, and you are questioned or accused, you are forced to lie. If no one asked the question, then you wouldnt also have to be a liar.

I was like "wow!!" he seemed to be pissed at everyone asking and investigating, and appeared oblivous to the fact that if he was doping he was ALREADY lying by competing in an event where it is not allowed.

And the people he destroyed along the way,
who were just honest people doing their jobs. It was kind of chilling watching that and seeing a man so lost who lacked such self awareness.

My thoughts went to Zane and S's response when questioned. You see the same thing re Alberts and hiw S reacted and has blamed our AD for his departure.

Scary stuff.

Girlhowdy
AG
94chem said:

Read The Sociopath Next Door. It's entirely possible that Schloss is a sociopath. Not ridiculous at all.

Such a good book. Truly eye opening
Gig 'Em, Ags
LB12Diamond
AG
No conscious, no guilt is the easiest way to identify one. If you know someone for a long time and they have never once done a real apology. That's a red flag.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im not sure, but I am sure that he is a ****** bag.
dermdoc
AG
AGinHI said:

dermdoc said:

AGinHI said:

I'm a licensed clinical psychologist btw.

Spent time with some real sociopaths.

Then you know more than me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.