Kaeden Kent

38,143 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Zona81
HTownMan87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is he coming back? Dude was on an absolute heater in the postseason. The moment never felt too big for him.
borrego29
AG
I truly hope he comes back! That dude earned his turn, and played lights out once he did.
Kraft Punk
AG
Seems doubtful, swap in Aiva Arquette and call it a day
CinchAG97
Something to consider - Kent wasn't an every day player until Montgomery got hurt. Chestnut was the starter at 2nd during the bulk of the season. If Kent felt slighted in the least, that may have given him motivation to shop around during the season. If he leaves, it may have been lined up well before he got his shot in the tournament and performed so exceptionally well.

I don't want him to leave, but I'm not going to be surprised if he does.
Premieraggie
Don't think there were any deals cut. LSU is trying hard. He just had a visit over weekend. According to locked on lsu. We need catcher and as. Replace exiting pitchers as well.
Premieraggie
SS
W
AG
one thing to remember...

the program may need to wait on the draft...to hand out the final NIL deals for returning players

have to hold some back right now in case a couple of players go lower than expected
bigfooticus
J Kent never smiled because he knew the BS going on with snakenagle
Wicked Good Ag
I think Kent is waiting to see what happens honestly with draft and Camarillo.

I think he knows he would start on this team at short or second regardless. But you also have Chestnut trying to get an extra year also. And we brought in some infielders also.

But that is just my guess
Premieraggie
I wish Ali all the very best. Love that guy. Would also love to have a place for him if he wants to come home.
W
AG
it's very understandable that he wants to be a starter

needs to showcase his talents for a full season for the draft
driller4657
I thought Camarillo was staying now?
heavens11
AG
I hope we convince Kent to come back. Great player who has more upside remaining
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
Sean98
AG
He withdrew from the portal but still may go pro.
twk
AG
Kent wants to play shortstop next year. That apparently is his top priority above everything else. So, unless Ali signs, I think it unlikely that he will return. Our staff last year concluded that his bat wasn't enough to overcome Camarillo's edge with the glove.
Kraft Punk
Would've thought now that shlong gobbler is gone that Kent would've been all in

That'll suck if he leaves... he's a badass

AggieBB
AG
24601 said:

Seems doubtful, swap in Aiva Arquette and call it a day
This. Arquette has more experience and probably a better hitter.
TAM85
Come on Kaeden. Spend another year with the 12th Man!
levimod
AG
driller4657 said:

I thought Camarillo was staying now?

Will not transfer, but could still go pro depending on his draft position.
MagnumLoad
Premieraggie said:

Don't think there were any deals cut. LSU is trying hard. He just had a visit over weekend. According to locked on lsu. We need catcher and as. Replace exiting pitchers as well.

I know less now
MagnumLoad
Wicked Good Ag said:

I think Kent is waiting to see what happens honestly with draft and Camarillo.

I think he knows he would start on this team at short or second regardless. But you also have Chestnut trying to get an extra year also. And we brought in some infielders also.

But that is just my guess

Anyone that would start Chestnut over Kent should not be coaching. Chestnut is a great pinch runner.
agcivengineer
AG
Would love to have Kent back! Hope he chooses the Good guys.
MagnumLoad
W said:

it's very understandable that he wants to be a starter

needs to showcase his talents for a full season for the draft

Kent would start here. If not, we hired the wrong coach.
RogerTheShrubber
Middle infield is middle infield. If he TRULY believes he has the stuff to be an MLB shortstop, PROVE it at the college level at 2nd. The only difference is the turn at 2nd for double plays and PERCEPTION!
Before the world wide web, village idiots stayed in their own village...
MagnumLoad
twk said:

Kent wants to play shortstop next year. That apparently is his top priority above everything else. So, unless Ali signs, I think it unlikely that he will return. Our staff last year concluded that his bat wasn't enough to overcome Camarillo's edge with the glove.

He doesn't have the range to play SS. His dad knows that. He's a great second baseman. Don't ditch that just because your dad played second. But if Kent believes what lsu is telling him, bye and God help him.
DallasArchAg05
AG
I'll take Kent over anybody in the portal. I don't care what their stats say or if some scout thinks they're better. Kent is a great player and shines in the clutch when the lights are the brightest. He's a winning player, and he's OUR guy. He's spent two years patiently waiting and being a versatile utility player. He's earned his turn, and I'm rooting for him to get it here. Obviously having Camarillo was big for us this year, but I immediately felt for Kaeden last year when we signed Ali because his spot had just but given away. I like to see loyalty to our guys, I think it's a better play in the long run.
MagnumLoad
Kraft Punk said:

Would've thought now that shlong gobbler is gone that Kent would've been all in

That'll suck if he leaves... he's a badass

Maybe he also blames Early for not starting. IDK, and there is always money
AggieBB
AG
RogerTheShrubber said:

Middle infield is middle infield. If he TRULY believes he has the stuff to be an MLB shortstop, PROVE it at the college level at 2nd. The only difference is the turn at 2nd for double plays and PERCEPTION!
And the fact that the longest throws on the infield are from SS. The shortest are from 2b
COYOTE1213
twk said:

I doubt that scenario. Regardless Kent was as good a 2nd baseman as Chestnut and proved his ability at the plate when it mattered the most.
I love Chestnut, he's a baller, but Kent was at the least 5th best bat on the team.
IMO if Chestnut thought Schloss treated him bad, I can only imagine how Kent felt. We have Chestnut's word on how he was treated, but Schloss demonstrated his disdain for Kent and was fairly open about it.
DallasArchAg05
AG
RogerTheShrubber said:

Not sure if this is a serious post. There are massive differences between short and second. Not only in skill set, range, and arm strength, but also in responsibility. Yes many middle infielders are versatile enough to play both, but it's not the same position.
GarryowenAg
AG
I've been one of the biggest Kent supporters since his fish year. His glove at 2B has been amazing and his dad was a superb at 2B, but I'm guessing he wants to tread a path to glory that doesn't get overshadowed by his dad. I really hope he hangs on because he's a phenomenal player and will, for sure, be a starter at any school he joins, but I would surely love for him to stick with the good guys.
MagnumLoad
COYOTE1213 said:

twk said:

I doubt that scenario. Regardless Kent was as good a 2nd baseman as Chestnut and proved his ability at the plate when it mattered the most.
I love Chestnut, he's a baller, but Kent was at the least 5th best bat on the team.
IMO if Chestnut thought Schloss treated him bad, I can only imagine how Kent felt. We have Chestnut's word on how he was treated, but Schloss demonstrated his disdain for Kent and was fairly open about it.

Schloss is gone. So, does Kent dislike Early also.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Let Michael talk with the young man.
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
austinag1997
AG
Kaeden allegedly wants to play SS. If Ali's draft status isn't where he expects, ge could come back. That allegedly would send Kaeden elsewhere. So, he may wait for the draft to make a decision. Allegedly.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.