Keep talkin schloss

18,375 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jmfshr
The Banned
How long do you want to ignore this user?
45-70Ag said:

This clown thinks he's a victim.

Graveyard hideouts

Apocalypse references.

I can only hope this is foreshadowing but CDC and POS
TexasRebel
AG
45-70Ag said:

take the baseball team, literally, as close as possible to winning the CWS…. then reveal that the HC had checked out before the trip…. AND YOU DONT THINK IT WOULD BE APOCALYPITC!!?

a pile of bricks held together by dog**** would have had a better chance of winning.
El Gallo Blanco
BadAggie said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

45-70Ag said:

Honestly, what kind of professional and successful head coach wastes his time online or on social media to read trash talk comments from college sports fans? Vast majority of coaches wouldn't even be focused on that rat poison at all. A true narcissist.

Probably one being advised by 24 year old PR consultants

But to even comment on it or complain. Just can't see the Saban's, Smarts, or even Elko's of the world focusing on entertaining these types of soap opera bs questions in this manner. They'd say something like "I'm here to talk about winning national championships, I'm not focusing on internet fan chatter", or maybe something far more rude or direct.
S.A. Aggie
AG
wheelz said:

45-70Ag said:

Poor guy.

I don't think he is poor anymore.
BadAggie
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

BadAggie said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

45-70Ag said:

Honestly, what kind of professional and successful head coach wastes his time online or on social media to read trash talk comments from college sports fans? Vast majority of coaches wouldn't even be focused on that rat poison at all. A true narcissist.

But to even comment on it or complain. Just can't see the Saban's, Smarts, or even Elko's of the world focusing on entertaining these types of soap opera bs questions in this manner. They'd say something like "I'm here to talk about winning national championships, I'm not focusing on internet fan chatter", or maybe something far more rude or direct.

Maybe that's why he can't win a championship
dcg4403
AG
HarryRocket said:

Sean98 said:

I wish WE could stop talking about it as well.

(Not aimed directly at you OP just general fatigue about constantly hearing about someone I don't care about)

You do realize you dont have to texags, like you can come back in 2 or 3 weeks and recheck the vibe

Credit given, where credit deserved.

This is total anarchy damn it!!! No telling how the dust settles but I am enjoying the heck out of it! Immense emotional change 72 hrs ago...

Talk about a mental health crisis.
CharlieMac
BartInLA
Schloss is gone and in 2 minutes so is Pride Month. Coincidence? I think not.
Mordred
AG
BadAggie said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

45-70Ag said:

My wife does PR and crisis management stuff, and she was appalled by his response to Zane's original question... not because she cares (she's a Longhorn fan) but because it was such an obvious question to be ready for and he was completely unprepared.

Pretty obvious that either he had/has no one advising him on this stuff (possibly back on the A&M side because we were giving him rope to hang himself) or more likely because he's a narcissist who thinks he's above listening to the advice he's given. Look at how half-assed his apology to RZ was.

Makes all this more entertaining, but I gotta imagine the UT folks wish he'd just start shutting TFU now.
BartInLA
1. Remember when Coach Sumlin claimed that someone in Houston was making racial comments and it turns out the person who was doing it was a longhorn?
2. We are expected to believe Schloss about this incident?" He's not the type that would lie!
BartInLA
Gig 'Em
RossWag
AG
I think we can let this tu dumpster fire continue to fan itself. Slopnagle and his new university continue to figure out how to make lemonade from this PR disaster. tu will get players to come, but others will not want to go because of how this went down. This event is obviously not the homerun they thought they made when announced.

We have made our play in hiring Early, which appears to be a solid hire and allow us to move forward with much of our team in tact. Looks much better than what happened with the Jimbo fiasco; at least we get some $ to help cover the Jimbo payment. This time it appears we will come out smelling like a rose.

IMO, I believe this sour moment will be much sweeter in a couple of years when we win the MCWS.
Muy
AG
wheelz said:

45-70Ag said:

Poor guy.

Almost like he never understood the most loyal, greatest students, alumni and fans in the country. Mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.
Noctilucent
AG
45-70Ag said:

Well he certainly ended up in the right place. He's smack dab in the middle of butthurt, victimhood city! Not to mention, ahem, the university. . .
zephyr88
AG
45-70Ag said:

Face it, there are some people who will just never understand what it is to be an Aggie.
LMCane
Dusty and Danny on XM this morning stating that the Fort Worth newspaper quoted Schloss as basically stating Trev Alberts told him he was free to move on to another job if he wanted to.

if my boss told me it's fine to move along to another opportunity- I would also take another job.
htxag09
AG
lol ok
zephyr88
AG
LMCane said:

Dusty and Danny on XM this morning stating that the Fort Worth newspaper quoted Schloss as basically stating Trev Alberts told him he was free to move on to another job if he wanted to.

if my boss told me it's fine to move along to another opportunity- I would also take another job.
What's the context that lead to Albert's comment? Was Schloss haggling for a raise or what?
Jim Rockford
If Alberts had said something different, Schloss would have stayed at A&M? Schloss would have gone back in time and stopped his discussions with the longhorns? I don't think so.
Shoefly!
AG
LMCane said:

So we believe Dusty and Dave now?
trouble
AG
Esp if you were already flirting with one, huh
LB12Diamond
AG
So have you been under a rock this past week?
agent-maroon
AG
Jim Rockford said:

If Alberts had said something different, Schloss would have stayed at A&M? Schloss would have gone back in time and stopped his discussions with the longhorns? I don't think so.
That's the thing - Alberts DID say something different. schlossnozzle ran whatever he said through the narcilizer mind device and that's the answer that popped out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lance Uppercut
AG
LMCane said:

We're all free to move on to other jobs if we want to.

What's lacking here is the context…did Alberts show up out of the blue to bother him, or was it done either because Alberts wouldn't let Schloss run the AD or because he'd heard the same rumors that he was negotiating with Texas and possibly with our players and recruits?

Note that they're getting their new quotes out there (repeatedly from the Fort Worth group by the way), but none of that info is Schloss saying the following:

-I never negotiated for a different job during the 2024 season
-My coaches and I never approached players or recruits about the move to Texas before I took the job
-Texas A&M refused to move ahead with facilities improvements or negotiate a raise

The best they could come up with is that the AD hurt his feelings.
Muy
AG
LMCane said:

"Basically stating", lol.

If someone is just airing grievances, Alberts is okay in reminding them that they have full control over where they want to be. Guarantee Trev already know about Schloss' bs and gave him every opportunity to come clean.
RGLAG85
AG
LMCane said:

Damn dude, you swing and miss so much you should live on the baseball board! You're, only about, 72 hours late on this hot take and you whiffed badly as usual.
TexasRebel
AG
The quote I read was the less hostile "It's okay to take another job"

annie88
AG
TexasRebel
AG
Just look at that crowd!!
greg.w.h
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I'm trying to figure out if his response to Zane was either nuclear or apocalyptic.
I would call it "selfish"…
trouble
AG
That's what he usually looks like signing autographs
BadAggie
AG
We dodged the bullet here that was giving Lossnagle an extension, new contract, whatever that would've paid him a lot more. In that scenario, assuming he stayed, we would've opened up the wallet for him. Then I think he would've checked out and we're stuck with another Jimbo situation.

I think he checks out in Austin now that he got paid. His big accomplishment for them was sticking it to us for a couple days.

DallasAg 94
If you were working at one of the best facilities in the world... enough so, that it was constantly ranked in the Top5... and you went to him and complained about the facilities... not just to improve them, but to improve them on YOUR timeline, and he said, "If you want to leave for better facilities, then, leave."

And then you leave less than 30 days later and go to a place that has crappy facilities with no plans to improve... maybe it wasn't the facilities or permission to leave that you were concerned with.

Schloss cited the lack of quickly moving on the improvements, so he went to Disch-Faulk?!

He never needed nor wanted permission. He was already gone.
Muy
AG
annie88 said:

Brilliant idea to hold this during the heat of the day with just dozens of excited fans walking around dying of heat stroke.
Muy
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

If you were working at one of the best facilities in the world... enough so, that it was constantly ranked in the Top5... and you went to him and complained about the facilities... not just to improve them, but to improve them on YOUR timeline, and he said, "If you want to leave for better facilities, then, leave."

And then you leave less than 30 days later and go to a place that has crappy facilities with no plans to improve... maybe it wasn't the facilities or permission to leave that you were concerned with.

Schloss cited the lack of quickly moving on the improvements, so he went to Disch-Faulk?!

He never needed nor wanted permission. He was already gone.

Obvious to everyone now that he was just projecting his own guilt towards us.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.