Schloss Response on Timeline of Talks

13,539 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by GigEm81
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HarryJ33tamu said:

He said that there were no talks until after Game 3.

So he expects us to believe that him and all the assistant coaches/their families all decided to make massive career changes, leave their current job where they just played for a Natty, and move cities. On top of receiving a contract, negotiating said contract, and agreeing to terms - all within 14 hours of losing the Natty?

Should be added to the OP
all within 14 hours of losing the Natty and during the time they were responsible for the team traveling back from Omaha.
unmade bed
I think it's pretty on brand for the horns to prioritize pettiness of peeing in A&M's Cheerios over the integrity and reputation of their new coach. Even though this deal was done weeks ago, had they just waited until the end of the week to announce it, their BS timeline narrative would have at least been plausible. However those arrogant ****s couldn't stand the fact that we had the spotlight for a weekend so they announced firing their coach on the day of the championship and announced hiring our coach the day after. The timing was very deliberate and they basically used their new coach as a pawn in their silly little game, destroying his reputation in the process just because they had to make it all about them as per usual.
polander ag81
After watching the presser it was obvious to me that this has been in the works since CDC became the AD. Just waiting for Sullivan to fail.
LB12Diamond
AG
Them doing it the way they did actually has hurt them in the public spotlight. Schloss specifically bc of how he's handled everything in the PCs. If they had waited a day, Schloss's true colors would not be so obvious to everyone now. Also gives us a little more time to get a coach and not have that much damage to the roster. So their arrogance is hurting their scheming/plan.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Pierce. But yes, that has been my conclusion as well.
BadAggie
AG
Let's be clear, Lossnagle destroyed his reputation.
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
Obviously the timeline is bull****, but zero chance we do anything about it. It's a scummy business, but it's a business we are in as well.

Remember that we signed Schloss less than two days after TCU was eliminated in their regional.

Remember how we stole Jimbo from Florida State.

And perhaps most importantly and more current: kinda obvious that A&M knew this was in the works. So more than likely *we* have reached out to other coaches, and more than likely during *their* seasons.

The way Schloss and crew handled this was ****ty, but let's not get *too* holier than thou.
Charlie Moran
AG
Also if this went back to the Georgia series, what if we had lost our regional to them ? Just scrap the plans for this year and reboot it next year ?
The Georgia timeline doesn't make sense to me but after they bowed out of our regional I could envision the wheels beginning to spin
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
The Banned
87_Was_Long_Ago said:

Obviously the timeline is bull****, but zero chance we do anything about it. It's a scummy business, but it's a business we are in as well.

Remember that we signed Schloss less than two days after TCU was eliminated in their regional.

And perhaps most importantly and more current: kinda obvious that A&M knew this was in the works. So more than likely *we* have reached out to other coaches, and more than likely during *their* seasons.

The way Schloss and crew handled this was ****ty, but let's not get *too* holier than thou.

Again, this is not about stealing coaches. This is about potential recruit tampering, current roster tampering, the fact the Texas intentionally announced on the day of the ****ing championship in order to cause chaos, and the fact that he left less than 24 hours after throwing a hissy fit in the press conference. That moment belonged to the players and he ****ed they over. So going along a with an idiotic lie that he and all of his coaches chose to leave A&M with one conversation just shows even further that he handled this in a manner that he knows caused harm here.
S.A. Aggie
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

If there is not a lawsuit I would be shocked.

Breach of Contract
Collusion
Tampering
What else?

The administration, BOR and AD will show if they have any backbone if they do or do not file a complaint or lawsuit. tu will once again be calling the shots not only in the SEC but also at A&M.
unmade bed
87_Was_Long_Ago said:

Of course it's a scummy process and it's the nature of college athletics, however I don't think it's acting holier than thou to be critical of the timing.

Seriously, can anyone provide an example in all of collegiate or professional sports where some team announces the firing of their coach on the day of the Championship game in the sport and then hires one of the coaches that was coaching in that game the next day?

Heck, I can't even think of a time where a team/school makes any kind of personnel announcement (hiring or firing) a coach on the day of the championship game for their sport - and that includes professional sports.

Pretty sure this is an all-time low so their is some legitimate cause for pointing out how terrible it was handled.
TexasRebel
AG
I do remember how mad Alabama was when we got Fran.
Jim Rockford
Someone that covers the SEC commented that the league frowns on schools announcing hirings and firings that close to a championship. They don't want to step on the story of the championship. So hopefully we are in a league that polices its own and upholds standards.
AgEng06
AG
Jim Rockford said:

Someone that covers the SEC commented that the league frowns on schools announcing hirings and firings that close to a championship. They don't want to step on the story of the championship. So hopefully we are in a league that polices its own and upholds standards.
Unfortunately I don't trust Sankey to uphold anything.
BartInLA
BTHOB-98 said:

Breach of Contract
Collusion
Tampering
What else?

As the plot, cemetery plot, thickens…. Desecration of a cemetery? Rumor has it that the new nickname for the baseball field in Austin will "Cemetery Field." Schloss is now being called "Gravedigger Schloss " or "The Undertaker."
histag10
AG
TexasRebel said:

Seems the football gods made things right in that situation. Hoping the baseball gods are as generous.
ensign_beedrill
AG
TexasRebel said:

I hope Schloss works out for Texas the way Fran worked out for us.
histag10
AG
BartInLA said:

BTHOB-98 said:

Breach of Contract
Collusion
Tampering
What else?

As the plot, cemetery plot, thickens…. Desecration of a cemetery? Rumor has it that the new nickname for the baseball field in Austin will "Cemetery Field." Schloss is now being called "Gravedigger Schloss " or "The Undertaker."

The Graveyard. Where coaching careers go to die...
BadAggie
AG
Forget about the nonsense about lawsuits and conference sanctions.

This is about the court of public opinion. Actively engaging in the crap that Lossnagle and sip did while a team was on a playoff run will not go over well with anyone outside of Austin. This is what you hang on them.

People already think Lossnagle is sleazy, just hang this on him and sip.

GigEm81
AG
Hopefully this works out for sippy like their other recent big in-state hires, Beard and Herman.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.