*****Aggies vs. Tennessee - College World Series Finals - Game 2*****

418,311 Views | 4779 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Agdad081216
bdp514am
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm refusing to give in to gloom, doom or doubt. I've waited 64 years for a chance at a championship in a major men's sport. Even in a game today where we were just trying to cobble together a game from the pen the guys battled and had chances. Before this game started, If you had told me that we were going to have the tying run at the plate in the 9th I would have thought all things considered we've given ourselves a chance. I'm going to believe in this team to the end.
Fleen
tjack16 said:

Headed to Omaha now. See y'all tomorrow

You leaving from CS? Need a navigator?
jkag89
And how Lance has done every home or neutral site game all year. True away games were Aggies @ . . .
t_J_e_C_x
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Who's UT throwing tomorrow?

Zander Sechrist
C/O 2013 - Company E2
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

Schloss was trying to WIN today. I like that mentality in a coach. What makes you think CC would be anymore sharp tomorrow? If we got the Cortez we saw most of this postseason today he would have gone deeper into the game. Maybe deep enough that we bridge the gap to A-Beck with a very slim lead.

I just "love" second guessing a coach that has been to Omaha 7 times (8 if you count when Tulane went when he was the associate HC).
This.

Pitching moves were not the problem. The pitching staff gave us every opportunity to win this game. Hitters just couldn't get it done.

Keep in mind that, playing a close game today, Tennessee burned Combs. He's done. We forced them to use Snead, so if he has to go back to back days, he may not be as sharp. Connell has yet to be effective against us.

We will need more production at the plate tomorrow, even if Lamkin, Stewart, Rudis, Aschenbeck, and whoever else takes the mound keeps Tennessee well below their run scoring average like they did today. We can do it.
Killzone3abc
AG
Disappointing, but not crushing. Bats show up tomorrow.
ftworthag02
AG
Last outing vs fsu 6 inn 5 hits 2 runs
t_J_e_C_x
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Last outing vs fsu 6 inn 5 hits 2 runs

According to their social media he's one of their starters so that looks accurate
C/O 2013 - Company E2
agent-maroon
AG
annie88 said:

It's my birthday today and I cannot think of a better gift than an Aggie baseball win and national championship!

Happy Birthday anyways, Annie!

We can celebrate it a day late when they win it all on my birthday tomorrow!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fquin
AG
And how's bragging about that working for you senior narcissist.
Charlie 31
AG
Just think, tonight and tomorrow is the last time this amazing 2024 Aggie Baseball Team will be together. We will talk about this team for a long time. We will only get to see them play together one more time.

The fact this team is almost done for the season is something I am having a hard time fathoming. I have enjoyed following this team and watching all their games this year. This special group of Aggies never lost to a non-SEC team, including twice defeating our long-time rival Texas Longhorns: once in Austin and once in College Station. This team had zero losses in its regional and super regional games and now has four Men's College World Series victories.

Now, this special Aggies Baseball Team only needs one more win--in the last 2024 NCAA baseball game of them all--to bring the national championship trophy home to Aggieland.

I hope this team enjoys their last hours and game, together, in Omaha. I know they will continue to support each other tonight and tomorrow, as they have done all season, to play their best tomorrow night as they compete to win the last game of the 2024 season and the 2024 national championship.

The 2024 Texas Aggies Baseball Team is simply one of the best to ever represent Texas A&M, both on and off the diamond. This team is GOOD.
Ag1188
AG
Tough and a bit wild that we had to rely on guys who have only pitched 1 inning in the last month. Just 1 single injury has us looking like we're about 4 pitchers short of a full, reliable bullpen for a 3-game series.

Win or lose tomorrow, I hope we load up thru the portal big time for next year. Preferably guys with low ERAs rather than mid level.
Bryanisbest
AG
MaroonStain said:

cupofjoe04 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Pick off at first sealed our doom

No it didn't.
Not hitting timely, 0-7 w/ RISP. There's your problem today.

That's baseball. Some days the ball is big, others it is small. Tomorrow is a new day. We will rock them tomorrow!!!!

1st and 2nd no outs followed by two Ks and pick off hurt. But the opportunity was there in 9th as well.

Onto the next day...

Pick off at first started a huge momentum change. It was palpable .
BeastmodeAg
AG
You'll be waiting another 64 lol.

Had to joke at the years part they always make me laugh.
Killzone3abc
AG
The benefit of winning in the post season is not having to go deep into your pen. Looked pretty solid for a bullpen game if you ask me.
Rongagin71
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Just think, tonight and tomorrow is the last time this amazing 2024 Aggie Baseball Team will be together. We will talk about this team for a long time. We will only get to see them play together one more time.

The fact this team is almost done for the season is something I am having a hard time fathoming. I have enjoyed following this team and watching all their games this year. This special group of Aggies never lost to a non-SEC team, including twice defeating our long-time rival Texas Longhorns: once in Austin and once in College Station. This team had zero losses in its regional and super regional games and now has four Men's College World Series victories.

Now, this special Aggies Baseball Team only needs one more win--in the last 2024 NCAA baseball game of them all--to bring the national championship trophy home to Aggieland.

I hope this team enjoys their last hours and game, together, in Omaha. I know they will continue to support each other tonight and tomorrow, as they have done all season, to play their best tomorrow night as they compete to win the last game of the 2024 season and the 2024 national championship.

The 2024 Texas Aggies Baseball Team is simply one of the best to ever represent Texas A&M, both on and off the diamond. This team is GOOD.
As Orbison says "We're gonna do right all the time..."
zephyr88
AG
Ok, now that things have settled... can we ask the real question?

What is Jeff Kent's seed of choice?

David? Bigs? Or maybe the new one on the block - Smackin?
aggiesundevil4
AG
Chinook
NewEra2023
AG
jkag89 said:

Schloss was trying to WIN today. I like that mentality in a coach. What makes you think CC would be anymore sharp tomorrow? If we got the Cortez we saw most of this postseason today he would have gone deeper into the game. Maybe deep enough that we bridge the gap to A-Beck with a very slim lead.

I just "love" second guessing a coach that has been to Omaha 7 times (8 if you count when Tulane went when he was the associate HC).

I thought it was clear he drew the line and decided to invest in tmrw. Not WIN today.
BadMoonRisin
AG
zephyr88 said:

Davids, salted, original. Jumbo would be a mistake.

Also, he's strangely a grip dude and puts one seed in at a time, chews and spits, and keeps the seeds on deck in his left hand which is a travesty.

Real men (who are not 2000 national league MVPs and who acknowledge their son's at bats) keep seeds in their cheek and spit henceforth.
Sex Panther
AG
zephyr88 said:

I'd guess Kaeden
dixichkn
AG
NICU Dad said:

AggieBB said:

Let Targac play LF tomorrow, Sorrell in center. That AB looked better than anything we've seen from chestnut in a month. Gotta score runs tomorrow.

Chestnut has been a liability at the plate but there have been others too.

Difference is the others have a better track record of production.

I'd be in favor of sitting T-Nut for another option.
Yeah if he's not hitting, can't bunt his way on and isn't drawing walks, you lose 100% of his effectiveness. Hate to sit him tomorrow but it's a consideration
trouble
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

zephyr88 said:

Davids, salted, original. Jumbo would be a mistake.

Also, he's strangely a grip dude and puts one seed in at a time, chews and spits, and keeps the seeds on deck in his left hand which is a travesty.

Real men (who are not 2000 national league MVPs and who acknowledge their son's at bats) keep seeds in their cheek and spit henceforth.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
dixichkn said:

NICU Dad said:

AggieBB said:

Let Targac play LF tomorrow, Sorrell in center. That AB looked better than anything we've seen from chestnut in a month. Gotta score runs tomorrow.

Chestnut has been a liability at the plate but there have been others too.

Difference is the others have a better track record of production.

I'd be in favor of sitting T-Nut for another option.
Yeah if he's not hitting, can't bunt his way on and isn't drawing walks, you lose 100% of his effectiveness. Hate to sit him tomorrow but it's a consideration

Maybe it's just me, but you dance with the one that brung ya. Travis stays in center. I trust he'll come through.
Fairview20
AG
Not only the injury to Sdao, but some guys we relied on earlier in the season are in a run of bad form (Jones, Rudis) and probably can't be trusted this weekend for more than a few outs. Our bullpen has 2 of the best in the country and then a lot of inconsistency. Luckily Stewart has been on fire in Omaha and has stepped up big time. Thought Wilson did pretty good today for the most part, just made 2 mistakes that costed us.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I love Chinook seeds for being a sponsor, but David's original salted can not be ****ed with. ever.

I have eaten literal POUNDS of that stuff.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Do we know what the injury is for Sdao outside of "season ending:?

I have noticed he has been wearing a compression sleeve in all of the videos.

Is it an elbow ligament injury? Im not sure I've ever heard a reason for it.

I just hope he comes back with the same fire and energy he had in the midseason. What an unfortunate loss that was for the Aggie team.

He was an immense portion of our team and our success. Hoping he can come back stronger next season
Quincey P. Morris
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I love Chinook seeds for being a sponsor, but David's original salted can not be ****ed with. ever.

David's Buffalo Ranch are the greatest ever.
Hornbeck
AG
Big's bacon or nothing
Fairview20
AG
Sounded like it wasn't serious enough to need Tommy John but they probably shut him down for the season out of caution as to not make it any worse.
missinAggieland
AG
barnag said:

jetch17 said:

"Feels like this is the inning for Tennessee"

F right off.

Wait did one of the announcers go to UT? How is that allowed for him to announce this?

For those who question announcers being homers for a team, let's talk about Scott Cline for a minute.

https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/maryville-college-alum-scott-cline-umpiring-in-fourth-college-world-series/article_5c23efc2-2daf-11ef-9d73-afa844e8e4b0.html

https://mcscots.com/news/2024/6/20/baseball-cline-92-umpiring-in-fourth-college-world-series.aspx

Alumnus of Maryville College
Originally from Portland, TN, which is outside of Nashville.

Y'all have fun with these facts.

BadMoonRisin
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

BadMoonRisin said:

David's Buffalo Ranch are the greatest ever.
I actually ordered an insane amount of these from Amazon when they were rare where I live. My tongue was super effed eating these bold *******s after like 6 5.25 oz bags on a road trip.

I regret nothing.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Fairview20 said:

Sounded like it wasn't serious enough to need Tommy John but they probably shut him down for the season out of caution as to not make it any worse.
I guess Im a dumbass, but Tommy Johns is an elbow ligament injury, no?
trouble
AG
David's is my choice too. They sell Big's here and they were okay.
Hodor
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Fairview20 said:

I guess Im a dumbass, but Tommy Johns is an elbow ligament injury, no?
Tommy John surgery is the surgical repair of the ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow. When you hit your funny bone, you're right around that area. Was a career ending injury years ago. Tommy John was the first MLB pitcher to have a successful repair.

Since Sdao doesn't need surgery, it's not completely torn, but strained, is the presumption.
First Page
Page 136 of 137

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.