Where's midnight yell tonight?

3,412 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by histag10
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting how they didn't think to get something special for an eve like this.

Don't even have to be the current yell leaders but a little old army recall would have been cool to at some venue or bar in Omaha.
Know Your Enemy
AG
What time is midnight yell?
Charlie 31
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Interesting how they didn't think to get something special for an eve like this.

Don't even have to be the current yell leaders but a little old army recall would have been cool to at some venue or bar in Omaha.
I recommend Rocco's Pizza & Cantina at 1 a.m. ET

cupofjoe04
AG
Fly me in and I would be happy to lead once again!
Luke The Drifter
AG
Yells do not go with baseball. Ever. At all. Never, ever, ever.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

This

Yells are not part of our baseball tradition. Midnight Yell is a football thing. Period.
Sean98
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Thank you.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Come by the Hilton when the Aggies are about to leave for the park. Maybe around 4:30 (socials will post the time later). We've been doing yells in the lobby while waiting for the team to show up.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Remove all the dance team girls on the dugouts who upset old ags

Place 2 yell leaders on each dug out

Put the head yell leader in section 203 to lead everything they do and make sure they don't get out of line

How am I doing so far?
Aggie Therapist
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Come by the Hilton when the Aggies are about to leave for the park. Maybe around 4:30 (socials will post the time later). We've been doing yells in the lobby while waiting for the team to show up.

Now this is badass!
Bronco6Gen
Midnight Yell is not a thing in baseball, but the ball chant has been driving me crazy…how do we teach the newbies at the CWS to slow the chant down.

It should be Baaaaaall 5, Baaaaall 5, Baaaaall5

Not

Ball5 Ball5 Ball5 Ball5 Ball5
histag10
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Welcome to Aggie Baseball. We are glad you are here and hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

That said- this is not football. We do not do official school yells (though we do yell). We do not have yell practice (though research online for embarrassing things to yell at their pitchers is encouraged). Yell leaders are not at games (unless they attend as normal students who enjoy the Aggie baseball atmosphere). And this is how we like things (and one thing that has been consistent fir a long time-though I vaguely remember them trying at some point, which failed horribly)
LB12Diamond
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

That's not really correct.

Yell leaders I think is what you are thinking of.

While it's not over the top, yells have occurred at baseball games. Mainly just beat the hell outta.

A midnight yell last night or tonight is just a party of everyone celebrating together the game tomorrow. And like was already noted, yells have started in the hotel.

If you do not want to partake. So be it. But a lot of Ags clearly would.
halfastros81
AG
They've been doing the War Hymn at DJ's multiple x on game days. They did it at Rocco's last night around 8 as well but they played Rocky Top about 5 x. Ags were definitely outnumbered at Rocco's around 7-8.

Association of Former Students has also been handing out drink tickets to Ags at DJ's on game days
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'm not saying do a midnight yell for every baseball game.

But if the Former Student Association put on a little event at a bar/venue in Omaha with yell leaders, I guarantee you that place would be packed out with Aggies.

Just a fun way to muster former students and see the Aggie spirit come alive
LB12Diamond
AG
Why do you need formal yell leaders.

That's my point. You don't. They seem to be managing just fine starting yells in the hotel without them.
halfastros81
AG
They are … at DJ's. Haven't seen any current yell leaders that I know of but there was at least one former yell leader there last Saturday. That place has been packed with Ags on game days
AggieBand2004
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Luke The Drifter said:

While it's not over the top, yells have occurred at baseball games. Mainly just beat the hell outta.

A midnight yell last night or tonight is just a party of everyone celebrating together the game tomorrow. And like was already noted, yells have started in the hotel.

And each time was a mistake
Aggie Therapist
AG
Fair enough point.

Sounds like the Aggie Spirit is alive and well without them
Luke The Drifter
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Remove all the dance team girls on the dugouts who upset old ags

Place 2 yell leaders on each dug out

Put the head yell leader in section 203 to lead everything they do and make sure they don't get out of line

How am I doing so far?

Poorly…

;-)
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Luke The Drifter
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Luke The Drifter said:

You know what I mean. Traditional A&M yells do not work at all at baseball games. Maybe "Beat the Hell", but that's it. Any other "Yell Practice" type yell outside of Kyle Field is just a train wreck.
AggieBand2004
AG
Our game against Kentucky would've been a shutout, but 2 dorks led a BTHO yell, late in the game. You could see them on camera behind the batter.
The very next pitch was sent over the fence.
histag10
AG
So our hotel sendoff isn't good enough? Or the Ags who have planned get together "tailgates" at bars?

Why do you need formal yell leaders in a sport they have never participated in, just because the team is doing well?

Dont change what isn't broken, and don't change things in the middle of a baseball season.
halfastros81
AG
Maybe our traditional yells are not apprapo for baseball but I suggest having better coordination of the fans on our dugout side for War Hymn, etc would be a positive
Sean98
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Fair enough point.

Sounds like the Aggie Spirit is alive and well without them
If the average Aggie football fan cared, and was as engaged as the average Aggie baseball fan opposing teams would refuse to play us at Kyle.
BBYD09
AG
Bronco6Gen said:

Midnight Yell is not a thing in baseball, but the ball chant has been driving me crazy…how do we teach the newbies at the CWS to slow the chant down.

It should be Baaaaaall 5, Baaaaall 5, Baaaaall5

Not

Ball5 Ball5 Ball5 Ball5 Ball5
This has been killing me on TV. Slow it down, folks.
Aggie Therapist
AG
histag10 said:

So our hotel sendoff isn't good enough? Or the Ags who have planned get together "tailgates" at bars?

Why do you need formal yell leaders in a sport they have never participated in, just because the team is doing well?

Dont change what isn't broken, and don't change things in the middle of a baseball season.

Relax man. I just agreed with the user above after reflecting on it.

I know you are hyped up right now.
AggieBand2004
AG
halfastros81 said:

Maybe our traditional yells are not apprapo for baseball but I suggest having better coordination of the fans on our dugout side for War Hymn, etc would be a positive

Olsen doesn't need coordination. It's at its best when heckles are topical, clean, and humorous. Sadly, that has largely died off. Now it's a crowd who, while boisterous, just rotates through various rhythms of chanting the pitcher's name.
Coordination is a negative.
halfastros81
AG
I wasn't talking about Olson, I was talking about Omaha. My observation has been other than about 2 sections that are predominantly Aggies the rest of the sections even on our dugout side may not even know the War Hymn is being sung until it's almost over.
twk
AG
halfastros81 said:

I wasn't talking about Olson, I was talking about Omaha. My observation has been other than about 2 sections that are predominantly Aggies the rest of the sections even on our dugout side may not even know the War Hymn is being sung until it's almost over.
Thats because the P.A. drowns it out. Nothing we can do about this. Maybe they will play the war hymn all the way through if we win the thing, but I wouldn't count on it.
halfastros81
AG
Which is why I suggested coordinating with someone in each section on our dugout side to let people know when it's happening. Admittedly, it may or may not be effective but it couldn't hurt.

We don't have to stop singing or sawing just because they stop playing it on the pa. We kinda know the drill.
twk
AG
histag10
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

histag10 said:

Relax woman. I just agreed with the user above after reflecting on it.

I know you are hyped up right now.

FIFY

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.